Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
So I apparently entered into the dirty old man stage. My wife and I were watching it together last night and I commented on Ariel Winter's figure. My wife advised me she was still a kid. Surely not, I said to her.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Arie...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Yeah, she's 15. I had no idea she was that young, I had just assumed she was another 20 something playing a kid on TV.

:-|
Funny, I did the same thing. And I also didn't realize she was that young. She looks older than the actress who plays Haley. Wife was cool about it, and really all I said is she's really developed since last year.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Athletic enough to climb up onto chairs and ladders and desks to clean a vent. It was stupid and totally unfunny for 12 minutes of the 20 minute show. He was athletic enough to climb himself up into the vent.

The funeral was just stupid. Zero funny. I get it. Cam is an over the top flamboyant gay guy. All he needed was guys dressed in cowboy hats with assless chaps.

I thought this show started off strong this year with the 1 hour but this episode was flat, boring and unfunny.

This was the worst episode of Modern Family in it's short history.
While I don't think it was the worst, I do agree with you about Mitchell. While I get that he's totally athletic, I think if that were the case he would have been totally scared to climb INTO the vent. I thought the cat stuff was mildly amusing, because it was in character, but not all that funny. I think I'm just tired of Mitchell and Cam. I think they've kind of run out of ideas for them, and in fact, if Gay marriage hadn't fallen in the writer's laps, I am quite sure there'd really be nothing to write about. The kids kind of save them.

But I thought the Phil story more than made up for it. I knew he was going to get "outed" but it was done well, with Claire rescuing him, then giving him digs so he KNEW she saved him.

I liked the Jay and Manny stuff too. They really have a nice dynamic.

As an aside, I was watching an older MF on USA Network last night and it really struck me how much older the kids got, especially Manny and Luke. Also Julie Bowen has really seemed to age in the few years the show has been on as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Great seeing Amy Yasbeck again, according to IMDb she's been getting work, but honestly I don't think I've seen any acting from her since John Ritter's death.

My wife and I both noticed the recent, uh... developments, in the younger actress's life. That's happened quite a bit over the years to many actresses, I specifically remember Jan Brady growing quite a bit over a summer. I remember another one not too long ago as well. (Dr. Greene's daughter on ER maybe?)

Greg
If you have kids, ever notice Jennette McCurdy on iCarly? She was maybe all of 14 when the show started, and a tiny, very young looking 14.

But she blossomed so fast, the wardrobe department had to try to hide her curves. Eventually they gave up, and the final two years of the show were testimonials to her good genetic makeup. Her character is now in an iCarly spinoff Sam & Cat, and --hot damn!-- the now 21 year old McCurdy has a stunning figure.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
If you have kids, ever notice Jennette McCurdy on iCarly? She was maybe all of 14 when the show started, and a tiny, very young looking 14.
I do, and I did. In fact, I always found her to be much prettier than iCarly herself, and thought she should have been the star.

Quote:
But she blossomed so fast, the wardrobe department had to try to hide her curves. Eventually they gave up, and the final two years of the show were testimonials to her good genetic makeup. Her character is now in an iCarly spinoff Sam & Cat, and --hot damn!-- the now 21 year old McCurdy has a stunning figure.
I hadn't noticed, to be honest, but am glad she has her own show. She reminds me a lot of Linda Cardellini, a younger sister perhaps. They aren't related (I checked when my kids first watched iCarly).

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #35
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I do, and I did. In fact, I always found her to be much prettier than iCarly herself, and thought she should have been the star.

I hadn't noticed, to be honest, but am glad she has her own show. She reminds me a lot of Linda Cardellini, a younger sister perhaps. They aren't related (I checked when my kids first watched iCarly).
She's on the show with Ariana Grande who has kinda blown up celebrity wise with a huge selling pop album, so she's kinda getting overshadowed a bit.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #36
MacThor
Not Pictured

Claire did both - she saved Phil his clients, and got in all those digs about "her first husband" (who, as far as the Ladies knew, was not Phil).
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
Claire did both - she saved Phil his clients, and got in all those digs about "her first husband" (who, as far as the Ladies knew, was not Phil).
Yes!

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote