TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #31
SlappyMcgee

I followed your instructions in Post #23. That took forever. I put the drive back in. Powering up then it came up to a Green screen. was up for about a min, rebooted and started the process over again. I let it reboot itself 3 more times before removing power at the "Powering up screen" Figured it was still stuck in a Loop.

Should I let it go through the process of the powering up screen, then green screen reboot longer?
SlappyMcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
sfhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
I followed your instructions in Post #23.
I'll be more specific.

Did dd_rescue display any read errors?

Which model 2TB drive are you using?

If it isn't WD20EURS, did you disable idle park using wdidle3?
sfhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
SlappyMcgee

no DD_rescue didn't display any errors. I am using a WD20EURS
Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
sfhub

So it looks like you didn't have any hard disk errors and there is some filesystem issue TiVo can't fix in your current state.

The next step I would have gone to when I was going through this was to figure out where the SuperHeader for MFS is stored and try to manually edit it back to ebbafeed.

If you can live with the reimaged drive (losing your shows) that would be the quickest way to get back to a working unit.

Do the mfscopy in winMFS and do NOT expand at the end of the copy (you might as well enter 1024 for the swap space). I'm assuming the original drive you are using didn't have 11.0k software, so you should then place the 2TB drive in the tivo and let it upgrade to 11.0k/m, then when that is done, put the drive back in the PC and do mfsadd answering the question to allow it to expand beyond 1TB. Do the SuperSize also to get some extra space.

Last edited by sfhub : 10-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #35
SlappyMcgee

Actually fired up my original drive 2 days ago so it could get updates and so I could use a 2TB drive in it

Remember my issue started when I initiated a KS 57. It got stuck in the Green screen loop.
how would I go about editing the SuperHeader?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #36
SlappyMcgee

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone that has offered assistance. It is very much appreciated.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
sfhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
how would I go about editing the SuperHeader?
My first guess was block 0, but looking at the source for mfsinfo, it looks like it is contained somewhere in the first mfs zone. That's as far as I got to figuring out what to edit because my drive ended up passing KS 57 so I didn't need to go any further.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
SlappyMcgee

I have given up for now. I imaged the 2TB drive from the original Tivo drive. I don't have my shows I wanted to keep, but I have a working Tivo with twice as much storage

Thank you again for everyone that offered assistance