TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
chrison600

Mini Can't Access Manage Programs?!

I'm finding this difficult to believe. I cannot access "Manage Programs" from the Mini interface, only from the Roamio interface.

I have the Roamio located in the media room equipment closet and the Mini located in the living room. We do 90% of our TV watching in the living room. I can trigger a new recording or seasons pass from the Mini, but can't see upcoming recordings or manage recordings?

The Roamio is in the media room because that's where my home A/V equipment is housed. Isn't the purpose of a "whole house" DVR to make DVR capabilities available around the whole house? Why would the Mini be throttled in this way? The only rationale I can think of is, "Oh man. We can't have everyone with access to a Mini messing with the recording schedule." Ok, fine, but let me control that on a per-Mini basis.

Anyone know if Manage Recording access is coming to the Mini? Soon?

Chris
chrison600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
chrison600

Well. Before anyone responds, I must denounce myself. I need to join the 21st century. I read an Amazon review where the customer expressed that the lack of the Manage Recordings menu item was a non-issue for him because he used his iPad for control. I loaded up the TiVo app on my iPhone and Voila! it's awesome. Change channels? Yep. Manage recordings? Yep. Pause programming? Yep.

Man I'm behind the times...

Chris
chrison600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

I believe I read somewhere that more DVR control is coming to the Mini in the next software update. So there's that. Should be sometime fairly soon.
BigJimOutlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
bobfrank

When at the Mini Tivo Central menu press the 2 button. That will take you to the to be recorded list. You can manage programs to be recorded from there.
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
moyekj

Yes and pressing 1 from TiVo Central takes to Season Pass manager.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes and pressing 1 from TiVo Central takes to Season Pass manager.
Will this work with all the TiVos on the network, or only the one being used by the Mini for tuner allocation?
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Will this work with all the TiVos on the network, or only the one being used by the Mini for tuner allocation?
SPM access is just for the host TiVo. You can modify season passes on other TiVos though if there are individual recordings on those TiVos associated with the Season Passes:
Select show on remote TiVo, More options, Modify this Season Pass

If needed you can even recover shows from Recently Deleted on the remote TiVo in order to gain access to modify SP as described above.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote