TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
PoobBubes

I sold two Premieres on eBay and the lifetime service was transferred about a week ago. These units still show up in My Account on tivo.com. Will they eventually go away?

Last edited by PoobBubes : 10-02-2013 at 04:10 PM.
PoobBubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
ciucca

No.
ciucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoobBubes View Post
I sold two Premieres on eBay and the service was transferred about a week ago. These units still show up in My Account on tivo.com. Will they eventually go away?
If you paid TiVo for the activation the unit(s) will stay on your account page forever as you can look up the order for that activation forever, but if you purchase a lifetime TiVo from somebody (not TiVo) than when you sell that TiVo it will move out of your account.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
DarlingPicky

I'm having a similar problem - my old premiere that I sold to a guy on CL is not only showing up on my account online, but also in the dropdowns within the ipad app. Would much prefer if it only displayed the tivos I actually still own in the app (don't care as much about the website). Any ideas?
DarlingPicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

In the app there are two options. You can log into your tivo.com account or just use the local MAK. The first shows all TiVos listed on your account. The second option polls your network and only shows the TiVos you actually have.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
DarlingPicky

Problem just solved itself. My monthly service must have just run out and the new owner registered with his account. It no longer appears in my "active" tivos list.
DarlingPicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
ciucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
If you paid TiVo for the activation the unit(s) will stay on your account page forever as you can look up the order for that activation forever, but if you purchase a lifetime TiVo from somebody (not TiVo) than when you sell that TiVo it will move out of your account.
Nope. I have 3 TIVO's I sold all of them have been showing on my account for years and they are all lifetime units.
ciucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciucca View Post
Nope. I have 3 TIVO's I sold all of them have been showing on my account for years and they are all lifetime units.
They're still in your account because you paid TiVo for the lifetime subscriptions, exactly what lessd said.
c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
SugarBowl

Go to 'Device Preferences' and it shows the tivos that are truly on your account.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #10
buscuitboy

I have some lifetime TiVos on my account that i would like to get off. Can I maybe create another account and then have them moved to this account? Or will this not work?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #11
jrtroo
User

Moving to a new account gives you new a new MAK, which could cause issues if you watch .tivo accounts on your pc. Why go through the effort just to clean up a web page view?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #12
Tivogre

I currently show 16 TiVo devices on the "My Account Page".

Only 11 of those are currently active (all lifetime) on my account.

The remaining 5 are MONTHLY unit that I sold. They no longer have a subscription (that I am paying for, at least), so I don't know why those are still showing up.

In any case, I got no complaints from TiVo when the 11th device went active.
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #13
Thos19

My account page has long gone TiVo's listed as well.

The fact that TiVo can't figure out how to fix something that appears so simple, is baffling.
Thos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #14
buscuitboy

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Moving to a new account gives you new a new MAK, which could cause issues if you watch .tivo accounts on your pc. Why go through the effort just to clean up a web page view?
yea, I am aware of this, but I guess I should have expanded a bit more. These lifetime TiVos have been sold and are no longer in my possession anyway. It would be MUCH easier to manage and online program for MY needs if my account wasn't cluttered with numerous TiVos I no longer have in my possession.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #15
jrtroo
User

So for you sold/inactive tivos show up in the drop downs for season pass manager and online scheduling? My experience is that they only show up on that single account page.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
Tivogre

In the past, I have sold lifetime units, and the owners never bothered to move them to their own accounts.

To solve the issue, I would schedule huge marathon season passes (Spongebob, Smurfs, Rosanne) relentlessly filling the units with garbage until they (presumably) called TiVo and had them moved over to their own accounts.
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivogre View Post
In the past, I have sold lifetime units, and the owners never bothered to move them to their own accounts.

To solve the issue, I would schedule huge marathon season passes (Spongebob, Smurfs, Rosanne) relentlessly filling the units with garbage until they (presumably) called TiVo and had them moved over to their own accounts.
I just create a fake TiVo account using an old non activated TSN, log out when TiVo asks for my Credit Card, then I have an account, call TiVo and xfer that TiVo into that account, you only have to do this once then after 90 days if the new owner does not xfer the TiVo I xfer the TiVo into that fake account.
Been working for many years, but does not solve the old TiVos showing up on the account page, that because you paid for the service on those TiVos and you can look up what and when you paid for each one, TiVo does not want your Credit Card going with your xfered TiVo.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #18
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, I just emailed (again) and asked about this since I've now sold 3 TiVos that still show up in my account. I got back this bogus sounding answer:

"These TiVo devices have Product Lifetime Service and our still on your Manage My Account for security purposes. If you would like them removed you would need to contact the new owners of these TiVo devices and have them change the credit card information."

I know for a fact that they have all been activated on another account, why wouldn't they just take care of it then? If there's some issue with exposing the CC# that was used for the initial order, why not just change it to all zeros or some other bogus value when it is transferred? although, this is pretty far down on my irritation scale.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #19
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_j_derr View Post
Yeah, I just emailed (again) and asked about this since I've now sold 3 TiVos that still show up in my account. I got back this bogus sounding answer:

"These TiVo devices have Product Lifetime Service and our still on your Manage My Account for security purposes. If you would like them removed you would need to contact the new owners of these TiVo devices and have them change the credit card information."

I know for a fact that they have all been activated on another account, why wouldn't they just take care of it then? If there's some issue with exposing the CC# that was used for the initial order, why not just change it to all zeros or some other bogus value when it is transferred? although, this is pretty far down on my irritation scale.
TiVo does have a problem with this CC attachment to each Lifetime TiVo, as one day about a year ago I got a $200 credit on my Credit Card from TiVo, for no reason I could think of, about 2 weeks later I did get a call from someone in TiVo accounting dept. about letting them charge my card back the $200 (I had just gotten an new card with a new exp date), so I let them, but asked how this happened, it was a credit for the person that purchased my TiVo and had xfered it to his own account, but the only CC on that TiVo was my CC so I got his cr (TiVo did not tell me what the cr was for). Nutty system for a big company.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
mcf57

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivogre View Post
I am in a similar situation. I like this idea & have implemented it. I was even wondering if the old lifetime Series 2 I sold over a year ago was still running. I know it has a lineup from TX, but I just went and scheduled some shows to it. In addition to the initial emails acknowledging I made the requests, I also just received email confirmations that ALL the shows are now scheduled to record so I guess the person is still using it and its still working. Will see if this maybe "motivates" them to get it on their own account.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
mmf01

For folks having the issue of LTS Tivo's purchased from TiVo directly and not being able to remove them from the "My Account" screen after account transfer to the new owner, there may be a fix.

You need to call TiVo and ask them to update the "customer number" on the OLD box to your buyers new "customer number". This can't be done by the CSR but needs to be done on the backend by TiVo support. They logged a ticket are quoting me 3-5 days to resolve.

I took about 5 different calls to get this, so don't expect them to know about this right away. I was on hold for about 10 minutes while the CSR found the answer.

Hope this helps everyone
mmf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
aaronwt
HD Addict

Five different calls? I still have TiVos showing on my account from 2006 when I first started getting Lifetime Tivos. But having them still on my list does not affect anything for me. I can find the ones I own since I have named them. The TiVos with new owners have their own names. So I don't see making changes being worth the time of making several different calls to TiVo.

Plus I wouldn't want to risk them screwing something up. Like once before when they changed my MAK. That screwed everything up for me since I could no longer view content that had the old MAK. So I never want to have the MAK changed again.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote