TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #31
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
I can have the engineers look at a few of these reports. Here is what you'll need to do:

1. Look at the To Do List and History for shows that will and will NOT record for a specific period of time (like tonight). Take pictures of these screens.

2. After the period of time has passed, see if what TiVo said it was going to do, and what it actually did, were the same. If not, take more photos to illustrate how what happened is different from what was expected.

3. Email me, with the subject: "Missed Recording - No Longer in Guide" and include your TSN and a complete description (with photos and channel information) of the problem. Also include:
- your cable company
- your zip code
- whether you have a tuning adapter
- how you originally scheduled the Season Pass (directly from the Roamio UI, using tivo.com/spm to move it from a Premiere, using the iOS app, using TiVo's web site, etc.)
to margret@tivo.com

Thanks!
--Margret
Thanks for looking into this Margaret.

I took pictures of tonight's To Do list and the History right now. Will see what happens tonight with all the recordings and take photos if it happens again.

I'm guessing there is nothing you can use for prior nights history, since the To Do list has past?

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #32
Direwolf14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Did you manually enter the season passes from scratch on the Roamio, or did you use something like kttmg to transfer them?

-Kevin
Good point... I believe my primary example was transferred via KMTTG. I could not use SPM because my prior TiVo was an MSO box on RCN (different TiVo account).
Direwolf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #33
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Do you have Overlap protection on?
Nope, never use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I've seen this as well. I think they are working on a feature that shares data between overlapping shows on the same channel. But it seems to have a few bugs still. Cool feature though if they can get it working 100%.
Agree. Something we've been asking for a while. Would be nice if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf14 View Post
My Roamio Plus did not record Modern Family last night due to the "no longer in guide" issue. I also had Back in the Game recording on ABC prior with a 2-minute end time pad (MF had a 1-min start time pad). Seems like the 2nd recording is always the one that fails.

Hopefully, TiVo knows about this issue and is working on it. Having to monitor for missed recordings (and then obtain them another way) is kind of annoying.
I'm seeing this too. It's almost always back-to-backs that fail, and it's almost always the 2nd recording.

Quote:
Yes, frustrating that we have to baby sit our Tivos right now to make sure programs record.

I chatted with Tivo last night and they recommended Repeating Guided Setup to see if that helps.<snip>
I figure as a last resort I might have to dump all the 2 minute padding on all season passes to see if that helps. I'll probably do that if I get another missed recording.
I buy TiVos so I DON'T have to babysit.

No way am I repeating GS, that's not the problem. And I'd thought about dumping the padding too. It seems we're all stumbling around with the same issues, and the same potential solutions.

Quote:
For those of you have issues with Season Passes not recording. Did you use tivo.com/spm to move the Season Pass from one TiVo to another?
Nope, I set up every WL and every SP from scratch. Always do with each new-gen TiVo. Sort of a ritual of mine.

Quote:
I can have the engineers look at a few of these reports. Here is what you'll need to do:
<snip>
Thanks!
--Margret
Thank you for following this issue. I have a photo of tonight's To-Do List , which is full of back-to-backs.

Margret: Are you willing to respond to the (possible) discovery of back-to-backs with padding (AKA overlapping recordings) using the same tuner? Just curious if we are seeing some new features that need tweaking, or whether it is truly mis-behaving.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
akaussie

I had this issue last week. See the thread I started here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509594

I've been trying to keep a close eye on things and haven't had a repeat of it *yet*.
I've had the 2nd of back to back shows be missed and the first of back to back shows to missed. So not sure if there's necessarily a pattern there.

Hopefully Tivo gets it figured out.

ETA: I transferred my SP's using KMTTG and pad 2 mins on each side of every show.
akaussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #35
kbmb

Well of course, no issues tonight with a bunch of back to back recordings. I will keep an eye on things going into next week though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
No way am I repeating GS, that's not the problem. And I'd thought about dumping the padding too. It seems we're all stumbling around with the same issues, and the same potential solutions.

Repeating Guided Setup is pretty harmless. You don't lose any programs or Season Passes or most settings. Just need the set aside the time to do it. Probably took me about an hour to get through it all last night. No idea if it helped (probably not).....but was harmless to do.

I agree though that it's likely something else going on.

-Kevin
Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #36
akaussie

This issue showed up again for me tonight with the Crazy Ones on CBS. I recorded The Millers on CBS before The Crazy Ones, so the back to back issue on the same channel sure seems to have merit. Both were set to pad 2 minutes on each end. I did take a picture of my To Do List earlier this evening so I will pass it along to Margaret. Frustrating that this is happening.
akaussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #37
Direwolf14

I didn't get a chance to take any photos tonight, so of course it happened to me again... Scandal was missed after Grey's Anatomy. I had multiple other back-to-back recordings that worked just fine, however, so it's definitely an intermittent issue. Maybe I'll add some new season passes and try an experiment over the weekend.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #38
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Well of course, no issues tonight with a bunch of back to back recordings. I will keep an eye on things going into next week though.
+1. Watching like a hawk, checking all the recordings at each half-hour. LOTS of recordings tonight (8).

No problems.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #39
shortcut3d

I had initially thought my issues were due to higher than spec SNR. After resolving the SNR, I still have this same issue. Confirmed its back to back recordings. However, the reason I get is not available vs not in guide. I turned off Tivo suggestions and have overlap protection on.
shortcut3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #40
Direwolf14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post
I had initially thought my issues were due to higher than spec SNR. After resolving the SNR, I still have this same issue. Confirmed its back to back recordings. However, the reason I get is not available vs not in guide. I turned off Tivo suggestions and have overlap protection on.
When the issue occurs, mine say "Not available" in the short description of the history list. But if you select an individual missed recording, it says "No longer in guide" under the more detailed section.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #41
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

I saw some odd behavior in the back-to-back overlapping recordings. I have a wish list for post-season baseball. It's padded 3 hours on the end. With most of the games on TBS right now, this leads to a lot of back-to-back recordings.

Today, the first game was 12-3 (padded until 6) and the second game is 3-6:30 (padded to 9:30) At 3:30, I turned on the tv and went to live to check the score. I saw only one game currently being recorded (still recording the padding of the first game) - there was no entry in the NPL for the second game. I stopped the first recording (since the game was over!) and selected "stop and delete" About 10 seconds later, the second recording started - but not from 3:00, it started from the current time.

I know I'm not explaining well - and I did get the recording I wanted, but there are definitely problems in the back-to-back area. I just wanted to supply another data point.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #42
Johnnymarr

Last night, I had a season pass for The Big Bang Theory scheduled to record. When i went to watch it, it wasnt in my list. I checked my history and it just said "not recorded" with no other information. Last week, it recorded without issue. It is the only program in my history with only the "not recorded" as its description.
Johnnymarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #43
kbmb

So tonight my tivo failed to record Halloween Wars "Zombie Prom" on the Food Network. Here's what's interesting:

- Show was scheduled to record from 9:00-10:00p with 2 minutes of padding.

- History shows not available with No Longer in a guide shown.

- This is not a season pass. This was a single recording set about a week ago.

- I did have a show before it on the Food Network being recorded. I have a season pass for "Chopped" and it was recording an episode from 8:00-9:00 with 2 minutes padding.

- The show was scheduled to record at 9:00p tonight. Currently the guide shows the show, AND it's only 9:25p as I write this and one of my tuners was on Food Network (from the previous recording) and I see the show in the buffer.

- Only other recording at this time is Homeland at 9:00p and The Good Wife at 9:30.

I think this definitely has something to do with back to back shows. The No longer in guide is a bogus error message.

They need to fix this. I can't keep going into History to check what I missed because the Tivo can't do what it's supposed to.

Oh, and clearly repeating guided setup had no effect.

EDIT: I have sent an email off to Margaret with my information from this evening.

-Kevin

Last edited by kbmb : 10-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #44
shortcut3d

I confirmed the Not Available messages are related to Not in Guide.

Another failure with Real Housewives At least this time it wasn't Blacklist which has always failed to record with this message.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #45
KnordRW

I experienced an issue last night that seems similar to this, but it's not exactly the same.

I have both The Daily Show and Colbert set with 4 mins of overlap since getting my Roamio. Right after changing the overlap setting, I had problems with new episodes (listed NEW in guide with the correct air date) even showing up in the To Do list. The season pass originated on a Premiere XL, and was copied from there to an XL4 via the SPM, and then from the XL4 to the Roamio using kmttg. So I deleted both and recreated them directly on the Roamio, including the overlap, and the new episodes began to populate and record fine. Last night I was watching The Daily Show on delay, started about 20 minutes behind live. When it was over, I deleted the recording before FF all the way to the end. When it went back to My Shows, I noticed Colbert was not listed. Brought up the info bar, and the only thing recording was a suggestion. There was a tuner that was still set on CC, so I changed to it and hit record - this was at about 11:45pm. The resulting recording was a 27 min partial recording that started at what appears to be the end of the padded Daily Show recording time. I had checked before 11pm, and both The Daily Show and Colbert were in the To Do list. Now, there's no entry at all in the history for Colbert. No tuning adaptor here, I'm on FiOS. Same thing, perhaps?
KnordRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #46
shortcut3d

I also noticed that I have macro blocking at the moment the overlap from the previous recording ends (exactly 3 minutes into the second recording every time).
Old 10-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #47
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post
I also noticed that I have macro blocking at the moment the overlap from the previous recording ends (exactly 3 minutes into the second recording every time).
That's supposedly another known issue:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508756

-Kevin
Old 10-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #48
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Both the "Missed Recording" issue and the "Video Glitch" issue related to back-to-back recordings should be fixed in the Roamio update that we plan to release at the end of this month. (Neither is included in the Roamio update we will release on 10/9.)

If you can't wait that long, you are welcome to join the Beta program by following these steps:

1. Sign up at http://fieldtrials.tivo.com

2. Email me (margret@tivo.com) with the subject "Roamio Missed Recordings" and let me know that you've signed up.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote