TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
bob61

Tivo Won't Boot Up

I have a Tivo Premiere with Lifetime (about 2 years old). When I plug the unit it the green power light lights up, after about 45 seconds or so all the lights flash on the front panel and then the unit goes back to power-up mode again with just the green power light lit up. Another 45 seconds later all the light flash on the front panel and well, same thing over and over.

There is no display on the TV, actually when the Tivo is powered up the TV displays a message that the resolution mode is invalid.

I've swapped out the HD with a known good drive. I've swapped out the power supply. Neither provided any resolution. So, any other ideas on what I should try next? Really hate to lose the lifetime service after only 2 years.
bob61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

How did you prepare the "known good drive"? Does it have the proper Tivo software on it? You can't just throw in a hard drive and expect it to work.

How is the Tivo hooked up to the TV? Maybe you should try using the composite SD output temporarily for testing purposes.

Also, you might try unplugging then reseating the cable connections to the motherboard to make sure the connections are solid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
bob61

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
How did you prepare the "known good drive"? Does it have the proper Tivo software on it? You can't just throw in a hard drive and expect it to work.

How is the Tivo hooked up to the TV? Maybe you should try using the composite SD output temporarily for testing purposes.

Also, you might try unplugging then reseating the cable connections to the motherboard to make sure the connections are solid.
The known good drive is pull from another working Premier unit.

I had checked all connections on the motherboard, replaced the power supply from other Premiere unit.

Will try composite connection to see if anything is being displayed.

Connected TiVo, they said it looks like failure of the box. They will exchange for $79 and lifetime will transfer over so looks like that may be best option.
bob61 is offline   Reply With Quote