TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
LKMcMillen

Angry Season Pass - Show not recorded because no longer in guide. (Not true)

My basic TiVo Roamio is setup with a Season Pass to record all new episodes of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, but failed to record the October 1, 2013 episode which aired at 12:30 this morning on Charter Digital Cable Channel 702 CBSHD.

The entry for that episode in "TiVo Central" -> "Manage Recordings and Downloads" -> "History", (Nice feature. Thank you TiVo!) is notated as "Not Available". Pressing the Info button on the remote displays "No Longer In Guide". This show was not recorded because it was no longer in the guide."

The show was in fact broadcast, on the same channel, as I watched the first few minutes of it from be on another television set that isn't connected to TiVo. And, the show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which is broadcast at the same time on channel 704 NBCHD, was recorded without any apparent problems.

I remember the show being listed in the guide last night at around 11:00 PM PST, when I verified that this particular show, and one other show, were scheduled for recording before going to bed for the night. And, the show is still displayed today in the Guide for yesterday (Nice feature, thanks TiVo!)

TiVo support couldn't tell me what the problem was, but suggested that it might be a glitch in the TiVo guide. The rep also suggested that I setup TiVo to manually record that program. I'll do that, and also create a wishlist entry for that episode hoping that it will be rebroadcast in the near future.

Did anyone else experience the same, or similar problem with any TiVo device this morning?
LKMcMillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

I just checked the "My Shows" list from my Roamio Pro at TiVo.com. It does not show a recording for The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on 10/1. But that was also when the government shutdown so it may have been pre-empted for a news broadcast. Either way I do see a recording for 10/2 but not one for 10/1.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
LKMcMillen

Thank you for your response.

I failed to mention in my above post that I had called a couple of friends who I knew were also subscribers to Charter Communications services in my area. She and her husband no longer subscribe to TiVo, but she said that they had both watched the show in it's entirety while simutaneously recording the show using the PVR they rent from Charter.

So I believe that the program wasn't preempted in my area (Riverside, Ca, 92507).
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

I think was mistaken. I could have sworn i didn't see it listed a few minutes ago. But after I refreshed the page it's now showing a recording for 9/28, 10/1 and 10/2. I'll need to check it from my Mini with a Slingbox.

EDIT: The recording is definitely there for 10/1. It says it started at 12:37 Am but the recording starts in the middle of The LAte Show so it must have been delayed. It looks like The LAte Late Show started around 1:05AM, so bascially half of the show was cut off from delay here.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 10-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
kbmb

Not related to your recording....but last night my Tivo failed to record New Girl because of the same No longer in guide issue, yet it was in the guide and was shown (the recording before it was padded 2 minutes and I saw the first 2 minutes of New Girl.

My thread is here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509715

I have a Roamio Plus on Comcast NE.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Hyrax

I'm getting what may be a similar problem with my Premiere. It will not record any episodes of a show I have in a season pass, but I know there are new episodes. I think my problem comes down to the fact that although I know there are new episodes, the guide data is not correctly marking the episodes as new. I got around the problem by creating a wishlist and automatically recording the wishlist.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
I'm getting what may be a similar problem with my Premiere. It will not record any episodes of a show I have in a season pass, but I know there are new episodes. I think my problem comes down to the fact that although I know there are new episodes, the guide data is not correctly marking the episodes as new. I got around the problem by creating a wishlist and automatically recording the wishlist.
There is really no such thing as a "new" tag on TiVo's guide data. It just looks at the "Original air date". If that date is missing or is within 28 days, it considers it new unless it has previous been recorded. I don't think the issue based on the error message in this case is the original air date. It seems to be some other issue.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
LKMcMillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Not related to your recording....but last night my Tivo failed to record New Girl because of the same No longer in guide issue, yet it was in the guide and was shown (the recording before it was padded 2 minutes and I saw the first 2 minutes of New Girl.

My thread is here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509715

I have a Roamio Plus on Comcast NE.

-Kevin
Thank you for your report.

As a matter of information relevant to this discussion, I have a Season Pass for New Girl, and the broadcast of that episode on Charter's channel 711 (KTTVHD) in Riverside, Ca., was properly recorded by my basic TiVo Roamio.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKMcMillen View Post
Thank you for your report.

As a matter of information relevant to this discussion, I have a Season Pass for New Girl, and the broadcast of that episode on Charter's channel 711 (KTTVHD) in Riverside, Ca., was properly recorded by my basic TiVo Roamio.
Thanks. My Dad's TivoHD also recorded it fine. I also missed Back in the Game last night for the same "No longer in Guide" reason, but it was there and was shown as normal. In fact 30 minutes before it was set to record it was showing in the ToDo list.

Tivo chat recommended I Repeat Guided Setup.....so I did that last night.

Will have to see if it helps. It's frustrating because now I feel I have to baby sit the Tivo to make sure programs are getting recorded.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
LKMcMillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
It's frustrating because now I feel I have to baby sit the Tivo to make sure programs are getting recorded.

-Kevin
Exactly.