TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
tech1029

Exclamation Black screen no sound

Now that the fall season is here it's time to start recording again but! I turned on my Toshiba RS-tx20 and was met with a black screen. It is connected to a Comcast digital transport adapter INTO THE RF JACK for the last 2 years with no problems. I changed out the box thinking that was the problem and after testing the new box I still have the same problem. I repeated guided setup and when it asked me if i was connected to a cable box I answered yes but I thought the next question was supposed to be how am I connected (RF or RCA) that question never comes as well as the screen to setup and test the IR blaster. I remember those screens from other Series 2 setups

I get a screen asking if I see video right after it asked about my channel line up. when I answer no I get stuck in a question loop to fix my box check my VIDEO INPUTS and try again. when I check my account screen it shows I'm connected via RF but there is an error. If I try feeding a signal into the Composite jacks during setup the screen remains black. If I unplug the cable box power from the wall the Tivo will say searching for signal on cable in.

If I bypass and say I will troubleshoot later there is no place (that I can see) to change inputs in any screen. Other then the input problem the Tivo works fine (playback, menus, recording dvd's ect). All cables and 2 cable boxes (working) were tested during this process.

I'm lost on this one and welcome any suggestions.
tech1029 is offline   Reply With Quote