TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
kbmb

What is the yellow triangle Xfinity OnDemand

For Xfinity OnDemand on my Roamio......what is the yellow triangle next to the show name suppose to represent?

I would guess it would be that the show is expiring soon....but as you can see from the photo, the triangle is on one of the newest shows, the one from last night.

I hope Tivo adds in the expire date to the Xfinity app, like you can see on the Comcast boxes. It stinks on Tivo to not know how long the show will be there.

-Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1639.jpg (51.6 KB, 147 views)
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
mattack

I can only answer from my experience. Yes, it means that the show is expiring "soon". However, I don't know how often "soon" is. (Sometimes it seems like it's within the next day, sometimes it sits there for a week... on different shows that is)

I think all of this info is human-entered, and thus sometimes wrong. For example, I've seen shows list as ~45 minutes but were really an hour.. and they play fully too..

One reason why "new" shows might expire soon is to add the version with fewer commercials. I've noticed this both with NBC shows and with Comedy Central shows (e.g. Daily Show, Colbert). They have the 'full' episode, with commercials, the day after air. But a few days later, close to a week at most AFAIK, they replace it with a version with VERY few commercials. The NBC shows you still can't FF, but it has fewer commercials.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I can only answer from my experience. Yes, it means that the show is expiring "soon". However, I don't know how often "soon" is. (Sometimes it seems like it's within the next day, sometimes it sits there for a week... on different shows that is)

I think all of this info is human-entered, and thus sometimes wrong. For example, I've seen shows list as ~45 minutes but were really an hour.. and they play fully too..

One reason why "new" shows might expire soon is to add the version with fewer commercials. I've noticed this both with NBC shows and with Comedy Central shows (e.g. Daily Show, Colbert). They have the 'full' episode, with commercials, the day after air. But a few days later, close to a week at most AFAIK, they replace it with a version with VERY few commercials. The NBC shows you still can't FF, but it has fewer commercials.
Interesting theory. I noticed on that New Girl episode from last night....we watched it tonight and it had a lot of commercials (it was listed as the full 30 minutes) and some of the commercials promoted The Mindy Project as on tonight (which was last night).

So you might be right....they quickly post the show and then strip some commercials from it. Maybe that's why this one has the yellow triangle.

I'll have to check tomorrow out of curiosity.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
mattack

Again, it might not be quite that soon.. Keep checking every day or two.. Of course, it will eventually disappear, depending on how many episodes they keep around.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote