TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Beryl

Betrayal - Season 1 - Spoilers Welcome

Doubt this show will last long enough to warrant episode threads. It's a shame because I'm a huge fan of Stuart Townsend (XIII Series) and James Cromwell (more things than I can name).

I wanted to like it and didn't care for the pilot. It has a "Scandal" feel without the great Rhimes script (dialog in particular). A little too slow and the music selection needs to be revisited.

I'll give it another episode.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Flop

Does the wife (Hannah Ware) not have much of an accent, or is she just doing a bad job of trying to talk with an American accent? You could hear the Brit in her in some things she said, but her speech cadence seemed off/stilted like she was trying to hide the accent.
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
tlc

Ugh. Dropped. No hook, no one to care about, and the dialog when Jack was expressing his love was just cringe inducing.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
ElJay

I dunno why but I seem to enjoy these ABC prime time soap operas. I guess this one it helps that the lead is showing lots of skin in every episode. That said, I hope we see it progress soon beyond this silly little infatuation story between Jack and Sara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Does the wife (Hannah Ware) not have much of an accent, or is she just doing a bad job of trying to talk with an American accent? You could hear the Brit in her in some things she said, but her speech cadence seemed off/stilted like she was trying to hide the accent.
I've noticed her speech goes really weird sometimes. She'll speak a few phrases in one scene and sound like she's going deaf and then in the next scene she is fine.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Beryl

I gave it .25 of a second episode and I'm out. I was thinking that the infidelity would be based on something that would make me sympathetic to the betrayal like an evil or battering spouse. The bored, want to be appreciated, or attracted to someone new excuses don't do it for me. Also, the subplots weren't moving as quickly as I'd like.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote