TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #5851
moyekj

Don't know. Try downloading with web browser to same location to see what happens. If it works with your PC looks like some kind of issue with the Mac. If you're using wireless networking then try hard wiring instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #5852
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewp75 View Post
1. I have 26 GB available
2. firewall is set to allow all incoming connections
3. 1 out of 15 times it works for no reason that I can tell
4. I know that when the status meter was silver in color it worked and other times it is blue in color (dont remember if it ever worked when blue, whats the difference?

thanks again for any help/suggestions!
Hope you also have NTFS set.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #5853
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Hope you also have NTFS set.
Eh, not on a Mac.

It could also be tivodecode.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #5854
moyekj

If you have combined download/decrypt option enabled then turn that off. Also make sure you don't have TS downloads turned on since tivodecode doesn't work properly for TS downloads. Unless you post full commands being run and error messages to get a better idea of exactly how you're downloading it's hard to keep guessing what may help.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #5855
Andrewp75

I do have the combined download decrypt. I have had it set both ways with no difference. here is the latest log:

>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg ...
/Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg" -
http://192.168.1.13:80/download/Blue...g&id=12594102: Premature EOF
/Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg: size=185.19 MB elapsed=0:06:36 (3.92 Mbps)
Download failed to file: /Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg
Exit code: 0
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File
Removed failed download file: /Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg
Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg: Download attempt # 2 scheduled in 10 seconds.
>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg ...
/Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/Andrew/Downloads/kmttg_v1p0g/Blue Bloods - Unwritten Rules (09_27_2013).mpg" -
Andrewp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #5856
thalador

Having a problem during the comskip job apparently. No idea what it means. It has been running for 2:38:15 - 1 hour movie. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-> we have 1 warnings/errors.
No demux output files found
demux failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\ProjectX\ProjectX .jar "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg" -demux -out C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e
>> Running comskip on C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg ...
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\comskip\comskip.e xe --ini C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\comskip\comskip.i ni "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg"
thalador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #5857
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalador View Post
Having a problem during the comskip job apparently. No idea what it means. It has been running for 2:38:15 - 1 hour movie. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-> we have 1 warnings/errors.
demux failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\ProjectX\ProjectX .jar "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg" -demux -out C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e
>> Running comskip on C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg ...
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\comskip\comskip.e xe --ini C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\comskip\comskip.i ni "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\kmttg_v1p0e\Movie1.mpg"
Looks to me like "QS Fix" step with ProjectX is also failing:
demux failed

Is the mpg from a TiVo download or somewhere else? If TiVo download is it from a Roamio unit and what container (TS or PS)?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #5858
thalador

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Looks to me like "QS Fix" step with ProjectX is also failing:
demux failed

Is the mpg from a TiVo download or somewhere else? If TiVo download is it from a Roamio unit and what container (TS or PS)?
It is a tivo download from a Premiere. As for container I am not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?

If you are talking about encoding profile I was using the ff_tivo_hd
thalador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #5859
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalador View Post
It is a tivo download from a Premiere. As for container I am not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?

If you are talking about encoding profile I was using the ff_tivo_hd

In config, the picture shows a square around the option, OFF= it downloads in PS format, ON= TS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmttg-config.jpg (52.7 KB, 188 views)

~~~~~

Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #5860
Andrewp75

Have now also tried to download various videos through web interface. Seems to also stop/time out about 2/3 of the way in. Hopefully this can help pinpoint the problem
Andrewp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #5861
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Have now also tried to download various videos through web interface. Seems to also stop/time out about 2/3 of the way in. Hopefully this can help pinpoint the problem
If it stops at the same point, there may be glitches in the recording. Compare the downloaded file to the Tivo's at where it stopped.

~~~~~

Old 09-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #5862
moyekj

Quote:
If the same show downloads fine to a PC then the problem is with your Mac networking. If it also fails to download to PC then I would suspect a glitch in recording is the problem. However you gave impression that most downloads for a bunch of shows are failing and if that is the case then I would suspect a network problem, especially if wireless is in the picture.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #5863
mglutz

Problem with remote access to season passes? Not sure if this is a kmttg issue, my config file or maybe my router.

I have my router set up to forward ports to both of my TiVos (using separate remote ports of course). Everything works right until I try and access the season passes for each TiVo via the remote tab. The season passes for one of the tivo's works fine, the other responds with the firsts season passes (i.ee the request for both go to the same tivo). The config file (with the remote ip address masked is:

<TIVOS>
DVR-F552 192.168.1.103
RemoteDVR-F552 XXX.YYY.ZZZ.112
TIVOPremiere1 192.168.1.104
RemotePremiere1 XXX.YYY.ZZZ.112
Craft Den 192.168.1.105

<wan_RemotePremiere1_https>

<wan_RemoteDVR-F552_https>

<wan_RemotePremiere1_http>

<wan_RemoteDVR-F552_http>
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #5864
moyekj

The http & https ports are for the "Now Playing Lists". The ipad port is for Remote functions (including Season Passes).
So you should also have 2 different entries port forwarding to port 1413 of respective TiVos by your router:
<wan_RemotePremiere1_ipad>
xxxxx

<wan_RemoteDVR-F552_ipad>
yyyyy

If 1 is working then my guess is you either are using the same WAN port specification for both or your router is setup to forward to the same TiVo port 1413.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5865
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Also, there is no need to block out the IPs if it may be the point of your problems. It may look like you have the same IP set to both TiVos, but its blocked out so its hard to tell.

~~~~~

Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #5866
Soapm

I noticed there are times I initially see a weird episode number like E168. then after a while I notice it's changed to S1 E13 for example. What makes the season and episode correct itself and is there a way I can force that to happen sooner? I like having the correct number since it makes filing them a whole lot easier.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #5867
BermudaLamb

Problem with AutoTransfers

The Auto Transfer | Configure tool is great. However, I've noticed over the past couple of releases that there is a problem. The Update, and Del buttons appear to affect the item one index position off from the selected item. For example, if I select the second item in the list and then click "Del", it removes the third item in the list. If I select the Nth item in the list and set it for a specific Tivo in the house and click the "Update" button, it overwrites the Nth+1 item in the list.
BermudaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #5868
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaLamb View Post
The Auto Transfer | Configure tool is great. However, I've noticed over the past couple of releases that there is a problem. The Update, and Del buttons appear to affect the item one index position off from the selected item. For example, if I select the second item in the list and then click "Del", it removes the third item in the list. If I select the Nth item in the list and set it for a specific Tivo in the house and click the "Update" button, it overwrites the Nth+1 item in the list.
Seems to be working correctly for me (and the auto transfers GUI hasn't been updated for a long time now). Perhaps check and/or post your auto.ini file contents as maybe there's something not right there?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #5869
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I noticed there are times I initially see a weird episode number like E168. then after a while I notice it's changed to S1 E13 for example. What makes the season and episode correct itself and is there a way I can force that to happen sooner? I like having the correct number since it makes filing them a whole lot easier.
When you refresh listings you 1st get local XML guide data downloaded after which kmttg gets listings via RPC used for Remote purposes. The RPC data is usually more accurate/complete and that's why you are seeing it update to correct value when the "remote" task completes.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #5870
Soapm

Quote:
When you refresh listings you 1st get local XML guide data downloaded after which kmttg gets listings via RPC used for Remote purposes. The RPC data is usually more accurate/complete and that's why you are seeing it update to correct value when the "remote" task completes.
Anyway to tell when that second gathering of data is complete or how to force it to happen sooner than later? I would like to wait until it's done before starting my jobs.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #5871
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Anyway to tell when that second gathering of data is complete or how to force it to happen sooner than later? I would like to wait until it's done before starting my jobs.
Just watch the job table in kmttg until the "remote" task completes for that TiVo.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #5872
Soapm

Quote:
Just watch the job table in kmttg until the "remote" task completes for that TiVo.
Roger that.... I see it first does "967 SHOWS, 1082 GB USED" then it later reports "REMOTE job completed: 0:01:29"...

thanks...
Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #5873
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Ok, here goes....Don't hit me

I've been seeing VideoRedo hang at 100% complete for a while on some shows. Lately, it is all the time. I actually sent a support request into VRD and they had me download some programs from TivoDesktop. Then run them through my profile filter manually in VRD. I tried 2 shows that hung in KMTTG and they both worked in both formats.

So, I started wondering what I changed, and it was combine the download/decode steps. Actually, the log was sent to VRD support and they said the video file format (that was processed during the log I sent them), of the input file (d/l using kmttg) was 'looking weird'.

So they told me to report this occurrence to the author of KMTTG. So I am

I am not sure, at this point, that the combined d/l and decode step is what did it, but I did take another dl using kmttg in .tivo mode and ran that through VRD and it did not stall or hang, while the mpg created by d/l and decode in one step hangs.

They said next step is to d/l directly from tivo as both ps and tivo files, and run them through VRD. I will attempt that tonight

FYI
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #5874
moyekj

philhu, what exactly is your flow when you are using combined download/decrypt? Are you running any other task in kmttg after the download/decrypt or are you going straight to VRD manually?

Download/decrypt uses tivodecode to decrypt, so if in the other flow where you are taking a .TiVo file directly into VRD that means you would be bypassing tivodecode.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #5875
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Normally, I used to do download, decode, qsfix, vrd to mp4
I changed it to download/decode, vrd to mp4, and it hangs
I tried adding the qsfix and it still hangs.

Always at 100% with the mp4 NOT written, but an output tmp file done.

I even tried, with VRD support advice, to uncheck the 'Move MOOV packet to front'. Did not help

I am assuming it is a tivodecode problem.

Can I always just do this flow?:

download, qsfix, vrd to mp4? Do I even need the tivodecode step?

EDIT UPDATE
Took output directly from: https://<TiVo IP Address>/nowplaying/index.html, dowloaded a mpeg-ps file, ran it through VRD and my profile and it worked without error.
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)

Last edited by philhu : 10-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #5876
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Can I always just do this flow?:
download, qsfix, vrd to mp4? Do I even need the tivodecode step?
Yes, with VRD it can qsfix .TiVo files directly, so combined download/decrypt is not what you want anyway.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #5877
moyekj

Quote:
The main thing is that a Mini shouldn't have its own tab for Now Playing list in the GUI, and Mini is ignored by Batch and Auto Transfers mode when processing shows and for Auto Conflicts resolver. For "Remote" tabs you can choose whether to show the Mini or not via the config Tivos tab iPad setting.
Also when kmttg retrieves consolidated ToDo lists it will only do so for non Mini units.

"Season Premieres" tab only uses the currently selected TiVo so if you're seeing duplicated entries in there it's not because of the Mini. As a test of that disable Mini from "Remote" tab and run "Season Premieres" again. I do get some duplicated entries myself once in a while, but it's not every entry and don't know what the pattern is but it's based on what RPC search is returning.
FYI, this weekend running "Season Premieres" I was seeing a lot of duplicate entries coming from Roamio Pro listings so I went ahead and added code to make sure only unique entries are now listed which will be part of next release.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #5878
caddyroger

Quote:
I have the same problem with downloading programs. I tried this. I watched the show around where the down load ended at. At that point I got a lot of micro blocking. It could be what ThAbtO said. It could be a glitch.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #5879
mattack

Yes, unfortunately if there is a glitch in the recording, the download stops. Nobody knows any way to get past this. If you have a pre-Premiere level Tivo, and can do transfers to it (they don't work for me between my TivoHD & Premiere 4), you MAY be able to then do a partial transfer to computer 'from paused point' after the glitch.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #5880
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Yes, with VRD it can qsfix .TiVo files directly, so combined download/decrypt is not what you want anyway.
Ok, I have narrowed the hanging problem. It is not the decode combined step

If I run more than one copy of Vrd called from kmttg, they each hang. Every time

I set to only run one Vrd, it runs fine

This is on windows server 2008. So maybe it is a wield glitch. Remember, also can't setup kmttg service on it
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)