TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #31
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Just to be clear... I have the occasional missing recording (3 so far). All due to "Signal not available". And I have on occasion flipped thru the channels and found one not tuned in.

DVR Diagnostics on my Pro show all tuners, almost any channel, coming in around SNR 42-43dB, with signal strength of 100 all the time. Comcast/Houston, no TA.

So I'm too hot?

And the secret sauce seems to be buy some attenuators and drop my SNR to ~35dB?

Thanks in advance.
We're on the same cable system. I put a 10db attenuator inline and it didn't make a difference. Put a 16db attenuator in and the levels dropped down but it killed my MoCa connection so I'm back at 10db.

I missed 3 recordings last Monday with the 10db attenuator, Hostages, Blacklist and Castle. fortunately Hostage and The Blacklist re-aired Saturday and I saw Castle on Xfinity Online. Haven't seen a No Signal since the update came down. (.2?)

Also Comcast is doing some weird stutters from time to time. Pretty sure it's Comcast because I see it on my other TiVos too.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #32
shortcut3d

I did the update last week and still got the same missed recording for Revenge last night. Again, it started recording and showed up in My Shows with a red circle, then disappeared at some point while watching another recording. The History says Not Available and is sorted under Conflicts. Only three other shows recorded at that time block.

I disabled Tivo Suggestions as that's all I can think of at this point. This may be related to the 30 sec skip bug / no buffer bug, but I'm not getting the full symptoms.
shortcut3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #33
kbmb

I'm not sure if Tivo's SNR numbers are correct. I also have what Tivo would probably call a hot signal....signal 100 and SNR numbers of 40-43.

I had to troubleshoot something so I brought my Comcast Motorola box downstairs and plugged in into the line used by Tivo. The Moto box showed 37.5 dB SNR.

Wonder if Tivo boosts the signal internally?

To the OP: I think the Not Available is now a known bug with back to back recordings:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509715

I too am like you, high signal and SNR.....great picture quality.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote