TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #31
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I wanted to see some smoke come out of a hole in his chest...
LOL

I wanted to see Jesse get a few million
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #32
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlucci View Post
That ending scene was closely parallel to another TV show,
Spoiler:
LOST
, was it not?

Spectacular. Not one thing was disappointing about that. What a treasure this whole series was!
I had the same thought. I was waiting to see Vincent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Why would the Nazi care what Walt thought of his "partnership" with Jesse?
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #34
GoPackGo

That was the most satisfying series finale I have ever seen.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #35
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Why would the Nazi care what Walt thought of his "partnership" with Jesse?
Ego.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #36
Zevida
witless and unarmed

This episode and the previous had an epilogue feel to them. The real climax of the show was Ozymandias.

I am a little disappointed they turned Walt into the hero at the end. He freed Jesse and no one killed him or got the better of him. I could tell that's where they were going once Jesse was taken prisoner, but I still hoped they'd go another way.

All in all this was an incredible show. I'll miss it.

And I loved seeing Badger and Skinny Pete again! And the scene with Skyler was incredible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
MegaHertz67
Registered Smart Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Loved Jack taking one last puff
I like that Jack was going to negotiate for his life with the location of the money. Too bad that Walt didn't care.

“Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
-- John F. Kennedy
MegaHertz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
mostman

Just watched Vince explain the watch scene. Funny stuff. He couldn't be wearing the watch because they had already filmed the Denny's scene without a watch. Realizing this, they added the scene to get rid of the watch. Funny.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #39
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Fantastic ending episode.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #40
mrdazzo7

Loved it... Walt's plan rivaled his epic execution of the Brock poisoning thing, lol. Only guy on TV who can walk into a place he's never been too and some how get his automated gun lined up perfectly to kill everyone there but only after he's able to get the person he's there to save lined up perfectly so they're out of harms way... And I would expect nothing less from Walt!!

Loved the finale for Todd's death alone. The second he knelt up and was looking out the window, I yelled at my TV for Jessie to strangle him. F'in psycho.

I love how they make you think he's gonna destroy Gretchen and Elliot and then take it in a completely different direction. Loved the scene with Skylar...fitting ending for a decidedly messed up relationship.

Glad they showed him dead at the end... When he put his hand on the metal thing and slid off and all we saw was the blood smear, I thought they were gonna cut it there and leave us wondering if he lived or not. That's what every other show probably would have done, but that's what I love about this show. They know what you think they're gonna do, and they do the opposite.

Although for a show that seems to pride itself on subverting cliches, they had no problem using the "keys in the visor" bit that's been done in every other movie/TV show ever, despite the fact that pretty much no one on earth leaves their keys there, hahaha. But we can digress on that.

Easily one of the best shows i"ve ever seen. Never a "bad season", barely even a bad episode, and an ending that makes sense for the show and brings just about everything to a conclusion. It'll be missed, but I'm glad they ended it on their terms instead of dragging it out
Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHertz67 View Post
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And...I was...really...I was alive." Powerful moment.
I was thinking, "Finally, he tells the truth!" Excellent scene. Both actors played it so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl View Post
so did he put ricin in the stevia before she got there ?
Of course. He knew her routine and replaced any Stevia packages with the ONE laced package so that Lydia and only Lydia would get it. Brilliant and so perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
So glad Jesse is free, Todd is dead and Walt is dead but was not killed by Jesse.
Yes!!! I even joined "Team Walt" (for a minute) when he saved Jesse and sacrificed himself. So glad Jesse got to take out Todd. He can not be a guardian angel to Brock.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #42
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
Although for a show that seems to pride itself on subverting cliches, they had no problem using the "keys in the visor" bit that's been done in every other movie/TV show ever, despite the fact that pretty much no one on earth leaves their keys there, hahaha. But we can digress on that.
At least they did it in a "there's no way the keys will actually be there" kind of moment with Walt, only to find that they were.

Cranston is a god.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
whitson77
Director Level

What a great ending. That show gets a 10 for me and ranks as one of the best ever.

The fly episode is the only one I could do without. Everything else was greatness.

I selfishly just longed to see what happened to Jesse, but that isn't realistic to hope for.

"Goodbye Lydia" was awesome and him desperately wanting to make amends with his son but being helpless to do so as he watched him go into the house was so powerful. He also finally admitted the truth that he did it all for him, and realized that the cost for all of his terrible choices fell on him and not on anyone else.

And Jesse refused to be manipulated one last time. And yet he was still in awe of what Walt was capable of. This time in a good way.

ETA - Not sure if this was mentioned yet. But that Marty Robbin's tape and subsequent song that was played in the car he stole is about a suicide mission to go save someone "Felina". My wife knew it and I was glad for that extra insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrVhMXtguNw

Last edited by whitson77 : 09-29-2013 at 10:58 PM.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #44
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
That was the most satisfying series finale I have ever seen.
Yes it most certainly was.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #45
MegaHertz67
Registered Smart Ass

One thing I will miss about this show is every episode had some interesting camera angle that added so much to the feel of the show. When Skylar was on the phone with Marie, the post was hiding the fact that Walt was there the whole time. Then later as they were talking, the post separated them in the frame...telling you without a word that they were irreparably separated emotionally from each other.

-- John F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #46
BradJW

My only minor issue with this finale is why did Walt give Lydia the ricin?

He had a reason to once he talked w/ Skylar, but he gave Lydia the ricin BEFORE he talked to Skylar, so there really was no reason for him to go after Lydia at that point.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #47
MegaHertz67
Registered Smart Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post

He had a reason to once he talked w/ Skylar, but he gave Lydia the ricin BEFORE he talked to Skylar, so there really was no reason for him to go after Lydia at that point.
He was getting rid of any connection that could haunt his family going forward. She was a big, scary part of his empire. I assume didn't forget that she tried to kill Mike, and after his plan to take out the AB was finished, he didn't want her out guerra pissed off.

-- John F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #48
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post

He knew how dangerous Lydia was, and he knew she had met Skylar at the car wash.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #49
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
Llthough for a show that seems to pride itself on subverting cliches, they had no problem using the "keys in the visor" bit that's been done in every other movie/TV show ever, despite the fact that pretty much no one on earth leaves their keys there, hahaha.
You're not from Northern New Hampshire. Older Volvo, unlocked, and with the keys in the visor? Perfectly normal around here. Really. (Although some people I know use the cup holder)
kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #50
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

AMAZING finale, I didn't mind the slowness of it at all. One last "heist", everything tied up nicely.

As Walt was walking back to the car at Gretchen & Elliott's place, I said out loud to my wife, "Now, watch the two 'hit men' be Badger & Skinny Pete." Sure enough...

There wasn't anything wonky going on with the gun and the car, he just gave it a wide berth and sprayed the entire house with bullets. I'm sure the gun spread beyond the house on both sides, the entire side of the house got covered.

Unlike most finales, I'm pleased with everything.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #51
danterner
Not it!

I'm sad that it's over, but I'm very glad that, like Walt, the show went out on its own terms. Best series ever. It was consistently great, start to finish. There were maybe a couple of mediocre episodes in season 4, around the time of the magnet caper, but even those episodes were better than the best that most other shows have to offer.

Every character got their own coda and closure (except poor Huell, still in the safehouse), and all loose ends were tied up.

Ooh - just thought of one loose end - there are 6 barrels of money out there, somewhere, and now NOBODY living knows where they are.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #52
ElJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHertz67 View Post
When Skylar was on the phone with Marie, the post was hiding the fact that Walt was there the whole time. Then later as they were talking, the post separated them in the frame...telling you without a word that they were irreparably separated emotionally from each other.
All I could think of was, "wow, they're emphasizing that crummy post a lot, and that looks like one crappy place..." Then of course Walt is hidden out of view behind it.

I'm still puzzled by this entire plan that was spawned by Charlie Rose. I mean he was to the point of wanting to turn himself in, but now it's time to visit Gretchen and Eliot, plus get rid of Lydia's crew? Don't get me wrong, I found the ending satisfying, I just wish they would've weaved the whole Gray Matter thing into the story a bit more instead of just suddenly plopping it in again one episode from the end.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #53
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJay View Post
All I could think of was, "wow, they're emphasizing that crummy post a lot, and that looks like one crappy place..." Then of course Walt is hidden out of view behind it.

I'm still puzzled by this entire plan that was spawned by Charlie Rose. I mean he was to the point of wanting to turn himself in, but now it's time to visit Gretchen and Eliot, plus get rid of Lydia's crew? Don't get me wrong, I found the ending satisfying, I just wish they would've weaved the whole Gray Matter thing into the story a bit more instead of just suddenly plopping it in again one episode from the end.
He had given up because he couldn't figure out a way to get his money to his kids. When he saw Eliot and Gretchen on Charlie Rose, he figured out a way that actually came with a reasonable "cover" story.
MacThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #54
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJay View Post
didn't Charlie say that the blue meth still being made and there were reports that it made its way overseas

I think Walter knew the only person who capable of making blue meth was Jesse and he was angry that Jesse was still alive

he was angry that the nazis lied to him and didn't kill Jesse

he was angry HIS product was being made by someone else

so he wanted to kill Jesse and the nazis and he wanted to make sure nobody made his product except himself
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #55
disco
Father of Sam.

Why wouldn't Jack's gang search the trunk of Walt's car? They know what he's capable of (chemically speaking). Maybe they wouldn't have imagined a big ass gun, but perhaps they would fear him coming with a bomb. Just seemed odd to me...

Otherwise, a great ending to a great series!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #56
gweempose

Perfection!

Laundering the money through Gretchen and Elliot was genius. I also loved the fact that Walter made a conscious decision to save Jesse in the end. Just a brilliant show from start to finish!
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #57
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was sad when Walt took his watch off at the gas station. Gilligan explained why later in Talking Dead, but at that point it was one more break with Jesse.

I did notice when Walt didn't listen to the nazi guy in the car, and actually parked in a slightly different spot and when told to move, then in his own Walt way, he said 'what? oh" and the guy was like 'oh never mind'. That was Walt. Pure Walt manipulating where he wanted the car to be for his own purposes.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #58
USAFSSO

Great ending. After all the other big show finale failures, I din't expect much. I'm glad Vince Gilligan knocked it out of the park.

Amazed there is no hate here. Well, I guess we will see after the West Coast feed.

USAFSSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #59
jkeegan

I actually rather liked that while they set us up to believe that Walt was driven by anger/ego at seeing them on Charlie Rose, in fact he just saw a way to get money to his family. I'm actually a bit upset at us for not coming up with that last week.

(Although, there WAS anger there.. A combo of the blue meth, maybe some ego over Grey Matter, etc)

Also glad to see a good *storytelling* full justification for the lottery ticket - which acts like Skyler's get-out-of-jail-free card.

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #60
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco View Post
Why wouldn't Jack's gang search the trunk of Walt's car? They know what he's capable of (chemically speaking). Maybe they wouldn't have imagined a big ass gun, but perhaps they would fear him coming with a bomb. Just seemed odd to me...
I think they didn't search the trunk because it wasn't Jack out there, it was just some minion that is not exactly too smart.