TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Tivo II Jack

To Do LIstMystery

I have been using Tivo for almost 15 years now and never saw this before. Don't even know how it is possible.

I have two Series 3 Tivos bought at the same time and both upgraded with 1TB drives. Because the CBS Sunday schedule is going to be disrupted by a fxxtball game, I decided to move a scheduled recording of the Amazing Race to the other Tivo. The episode is now and has been for several days showing in both To Do Lists.

The Episode scheduled for 8PM on 9/24 is titled, "We're Not in Oklahoma No More" and shows as Episode 2301. All that is identical in both To Do Lists but here is the mystery. On the Tivo where it was originally scheduled as a season pass the episode is one hour long. On the Tivo where I added the recording it is listed as a two hour episode.

It is the first episode of the new season and IS a two hour episode. On the Tivo where I added the recording, there are no conflicts, no clipping, no problems. Same for the season pass recording except that it is erroneously showing it as a one hour episode with no conflicts, no clipping and no problems. How is this possible?

Before submitting this, I reviewed it and noticed that my use of the word fxxtball (which I will now change to fxxtball) was converted to a link which goes to an ad. I guess that is a new annoying addition since my last visit here on July 24.

OK, I guess there is no way around it because it has now made the word mxstery a new link to a different ad.
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
gtaylor

"fxxtball game" ?

gary
gtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaylor View Post
"fxxtball game" ?

gary
You must have read my note very closely so how did you miss this?

"Before submitting this, I reviewed it and noticed that my use of the word fxxtball (which I will now change to fxxtball) was converted to a link which goes to an ad. I guess that is a new annoying addition since my last visit here on July 24.

OK, I guess there is no way around it because it has now made the word mxstery a new link to a different ad. "
Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
moyekj

You could use Firefox and Ad Block Plus extension. I haven't seen ads on this site or others for years...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
You could use Firefox and Ad Block Plus extension. I haven't seen ads on this site or others for years...
Forget the ads, they were NOT what I asked about.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
moyekj

FWIW I have that Amazing Race episode scheduled on my Roamio and Premiere and both show it as a 1 hour recording as do Zap2it and TitanTV listings. So at this point I believe a 1 hour recording is the correct one.
I don't know how you scheduled it on your other TiVo but are you sure you didn't add 1 hour padding to it?

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
jrtroo
User

Amazing race is always a problem in football season, could you have a season pass where you added an hour of padding to cover the overrun on one of the boxes? I use wishlists for Amazing Race as well, since the title changes each season.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FWIW I have that Amazing Race episode scheduled on my Roamio and Premiere and both show it as a 1 hour recording as do Zap2it and TitanTV listings. So at this point I believe a 1 hour recording is the correct one.
I don't know how you scheduled it on your other TiVo but are you sure you didn't add 1 hour padding to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Amazing race is always a problem in football season, could you have a season pass where you added an hour of padding to cover the overrun on one of the boxes? I use wishlists for Amazing Race as well, since the title changes each season.
You are both right, it is a one hour episode. The problem on Sunday is not Amazing Race, it is CBS. This has been the case for years now and they just refuse to adjust their scheduling. Make the 4PM football game a 4 hour recording and either start all Sunday shows an hour later or eliminate or move one Sunday show to another day.

I have season passes for 7PM-60 Minutes, 8PM-Amazing Race and 10PM-The Mentalist all on CBS Sunday night. Because of the conflict with the usual overrun of the football game (NY Jets, which I will also record) I usually add an hour to Race and Mentalist which will leave me with full recordings of all CBS Sunday time slots except 9PM.

If I am here, once I see when 60 Minutes actually runs, I then delete Race and Mentalist and add Manual recordings that cover the times they will actually air.

Because of conflicts with other channels this Sunday, I set the other Tivo to record Race and added an hour. This whole thing was a blunder on my part. Automatic recordings in the To Do list show a check mark in a blue circle while added recordings have a yellow circle. If you change options on an auto record, that blue circle changes to a yellow circle.

I think what I did was to ignore the yellow circle on the other Tivo because it was an added recording and I totally overlooked the fact that I also added an hour to that recording.

I just opened an account with the Titan TV listings mentioned above. Pretty nice and I never saw that before, so here is another question.

I began an explanation of why I want this, but this post is already too long. On TV.com, if I want to print (to file) a list of episodes for any show, I have to copy/paste each episode individually to the list. The only other option would be to copy/paste the entire page.

Anyone know of a TV website where I can copy/paste a list of episodes and original air dates in one shot without all the episode details or summaries?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
porges

TiVo II Jack, two related points: nothing on this site is converting any words to links. It must be some malware on your machine that's causing your browser to modify the page to include links to something. Something like this:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/937993

gtaylor was confused because what we see, of your original message, is that you changed a word spelled f-x-x-t-b-a-l-l to (the same) word f-x-x-t-b-a-l-l. Without the hyphens, that is. I suspect that's not what you meant to post. Possibly related to the suspected malware?

EDIT: or maybe you did mean fxxtball twice there.
porges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by porges View Post
TiVo II Jack, two related points: nothing on this site is converting any words to links.
Not any malware, here is exactly what took place when I posted that. I typed my reply which included the correctly spelled word football. When I was done, as always, I hit the Preview Post button. That is when I saw that football was a link to an ad.

I then went back to my post changed football to fxxtball and added this:

>>>Before submitting this, I reviewed it and noticed that my use of the word fxxtball (which I will now change to fxxtball) was converted to a link which goes to an ad. I guess that is a new annoying addition since my last visit here on July 24.<<<

I then went back to Preview Post and saw that fxxtball was no longer a link, but now the word mystery was a link to a different ad and I then added this.

>>>OK, I guess there is no way around it because it has now made the word mxstery a new link to a different ad.<<<
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

And... you have a browser hijack on your sys, there is no word linking on anything I see here. Sorry you haven't figured it out yet.

Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes, preferably in safe mode.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
And... you have a browser hijack on your sys, there is no word linking on anything I see here. Sorry you haven't figured it out yet.

Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes, preferably in safe mode.
I have my system pretty well protected and in 20+ years of using computers, I have never been infected with a virus. I understand what you are talking about is not actually a virus, but this happened only the one single time here. It never happened before or since ANYWHERE.

I just installed the free version of Malware and did a full scan (not in safe mode) that took just over an hour. I have used other programs that do similar scans to malware in the past and they all have the same flaw.

Malware found over 1,300 items and like the others it had no idea what these items were, they just contained something that Malware suspects. Of the 1,300+ items found, it found only 13 it actually recognized as being malware.

These were most likely cookies that cause no harm but are secretly recording things I do on-line. Good to get rid of but not really a major problem.

In the meantime, Anyone know of a TV website where I can copy/paste a list of episodes and original air dates in one shot without all the episode details or summaries?

Last edited by Tivo II Jack : 09-27-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Add Sentence at end
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo II Jack View Post
In the meantime, Anyone know of a TV website where I can copy/paste a list of episodes and original air dates in one shot without all the episode details or summaries?

epguides.com

WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Thanks, epguides looked good, but still no way to copy/paste the dates and titles only.