TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #31
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Probably not. It's after 2AM here and I see five shows being recorded right now. There were six shows being recorded until 2AM when The Night Gallery recording ended. And I see twelve more recordings scheduled between now and 9AM.
How do you possibly have time to even watch all of that?
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #32
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
How do you possibly have time to even watch all of that?
I don't. I only watch a small percentage of what I record. I just like to have a lot of options when I sit down to watch something since I never know what I will be in the mood to watch.

I could be in the mood to watch a specific title in the morning, and plan to watch it when I get home in the evening. But by the time I get home, I will be in the mood to watch something completely different.

The more options I have, the more likely I will be able to find something to watch that I feel like watching at any specific time.

And what's great is that there are more TV watching options now than at any time before. Of course on the flip side I have less time to watch content than I have in the past.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #33
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I don't. I only watch a small percentage of what I record. I just like to have a lot of options when I sit down to watch something since I never know what I will be in the mood to watch.

With a DVR it is easy to let watching TV become a "job". The reality is entertainment shows are for entertainment and we have to get into the mind set that not watching some of them is not any type of issue at all. Missing a show is really irrelevant and having a DVR is as aaronwt said just so we always have something to watch when we want to be entertained by TV. Of course "news" shows are more time sensitive but I can only take so much "news" in a day and certainly don't worry if I miss some of it.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #34
SugarBowl
Roamio Plus

Hard to find time to reboot during a Breaking Bad marathon.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #35
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post
Hard to find time to reboot during a Breaking Bad marathon.
Exactly. Mine rebooted during the short break AMC took in the marathon between 5 and 9 AM I believe.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #36
BruceShultes

For anyone who wants to force the upgrade and wants to know whether they have enough time before their next show is scheduled to record, this may be helpful.

I saw yesterday that my Pro was showing "Update Pending" and decided to tell it to re-start while timing it with a stop watch.

From the time when the "Installing update. The will take a few minutes." screen was first displayed to the next screen was over 12 minutes.

The total time before I was back to live TV was over 15 minutes.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
SDRoamio

Would the update cause all 6 tuners to be tuned to the same channel? This morning, that was the case on my Plus. I checked, and my version is 20.3.6.2, but not sure if it updated last night, or the night before? I had nothing set to record overnight either night.
SDRoamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #38
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRoamio View Post
Would the update cause all 6 tuners to be tuned to the same channel?
I've had that happen before after some updates. They were all tuned to the first channel in my lineup.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #39
SDRoamio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
I've had that happen before after some updates. They were all tuned to the first channel in my lineup.
OK, good to know - thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #40
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRoamio View Post
Would the update cause all 6 tuners to be tuned to the same channel? This morning, that was the case on my Plus. I checked, and my version is 20.3.6.2, but not sure if it updated last night, or the night before? I had nothing set to record overnight either night.
Any reboot to the Tivo causes all tuners to be on the same channel.

If you want a way to find out IF your Tivo rebooted....go to Settings & Messages -> Account and System Info -> DVR Diagnostics.

Scroll down till you get to the CableCard section and look for: Time since OOB Tune Start. This is in seconds and restarts when the Tivo reboots.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
SDRoamio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Any reboot to the Tivo causes all tuners to be on the same channel.

If you want a way to find out IF your Tivo rebooted....go to Settings & Messages -> Account and System Info -> DVR Diagnostics.

Scroll down till you get to the CableCard section and look for: Time since OOB Tune Start. This is in seconds and restarts when the Tivo reboots.

-Kevin
Excellent - thank you!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
aristoBrat

My Roamio Pro installed the update early this morning, even though my roommate was still up and his Mini was streaming a show from the Roamio at the time.

Is there a way to get feedback to TiVo on things like that besides calling customer support?
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #43
TC25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoBrat View Post
My Roamio Pro installed the update early this morning, even though my roommate was still up and his Mini was streaming a show from the Roamio at the time.

Is there a way to get feedback to TiVo on things like that besides calling customer support?
What 'feedback' do you want to give them?
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #44
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoBrat View Post

Here: http://advisors.tivo.com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx

Or Sign-up here: https://fieldtrials.tivo.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #45
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25D View Post
What 'feedback' do you want to give them?
That I don't think the Roamio/Premiere should install a Service Update when someone using a connected Mini is in the middle of watching a show.

CoxInPHX, thanks!
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote