TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #5821
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Not a direct answer to your question, but I also experienced metdata file misnaming since I use VRD to decode, QSF and repackagace my TiVo downloads (downloaded using kmttg as transport stream tivo files) as .ts files. The metadata would always be named .mpg.txt instead of .ts.txt.
Ah yes, that's a little tricky since the ts designation is made during the decrypt/qsfix task which is after metadata file creation. Next release will take this into consideration during the qsfix task though and rename .mpg.txt if it exists to .ts.txt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #5822
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Ah yes, that's a little tricky since the ts designation is made during the decrypt/qsfix task which is after metadata file creation. Next release will take this into consideration during the qsfix task though and rename .mpg.txt if it exists to .ts.txt.
Thanks moyekj!, you didn't have to do that. I imagine it would get pretty tricky depending on how you setup VRD profiles. You could have it ingest .TiVo TS or PS files and output anything that VRD is capable of outputing.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #5823
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
For quite awhile, I just renamed the metadata files from .mpg.txt to .ts.txt.

After enough of this manual workaround, I finally created a script.
Care to share your script? Will it change my .mpg.txt files to .mp4.txt?

I agree, other than this the two step process has been working great for me.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #5824
wireman121

Is it possible to update the VRD scripts so they work properly with the most current released version as well as the last public release? Right now I need to remember to either move the scripts before updating or re-edit the scripts to minimize to tray afterwards. I'd assume it would be a quick edit to check the version before doing 1 or the other?
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #5825
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Is it possible to update the VRD scripts so they work properly with the most current released version as well as the last public release? Right now I need to remember to either move the scripts before updating or re-edit the scripts to minimize to tray afterwards. I'd assume it would be a quick edit to check the version before doing 1 or the other?
Please provide a lot more detail including what VRD settings in kmttg you are using as I don't know what you're talking about. I'm using the latest beta version of VRD TVSuite and haven't noticed any problems when using with kmttg default scripts. Perhaps you have "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" setting enabled such that you are seeing VRD windows?

Old 09-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #5826
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Can anyone reccomend an ideal set of settings for playback on the ipad with a good balance of file size and quality.

I was using handbrake and was getting some audio cutouts. I tried my copy of video redo tv suite 3 and QS fix and the audio was way out of sync.

What should I try next?
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #5827
moyekj

Try QS Fix + encode with ff_ipad profile.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #5828
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Try QS Fix + encode with ff_ipad profile.
Do I need to upgrade my profile or ff?

encoding failed (exit code: 1 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "C:\videos\tivo\Dads - Heckuva Job, Brownie (09_24_2013)_1011.mpg" -threads 4 -vcodec libx264 -level 31 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -s 1280x720 -r 29.97 -b 2500k -maxrate 4000k -acodec aac -strict -2 -ac 2 -ab 160k -ar 48000 -f mp4 "C:\videos\tivo\Dads - Heckuva Job, Brownie (09_24_2013)_1011.mp4"
FFmpeg version 0.5, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-avisynth --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-pthreads --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-small --disable-decoder=aac --extra-cflags=-mtune=generic -fno-common -I/usr/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib
libavutil 49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
libavcodec 52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
libavformat 52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
libavfilter 0. 4. 0 / 0. 4. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
built on Mar 13 2009 23:50:16, gcc: 4.3.3

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 119.88 (120000/1001) -> 59.94 (60000/1001)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'C:\videos\tivo\Dads - Heckuva Job, Brownie (09_24_2013)_1011.mpg':
Duration: 00:29:56.57, start: 0.200000, bitrate: 14447 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 38710 kb/s, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 119.88 tbc
Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 448 kb/s
Unknown encoder 'aac'
Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #5829
moyekj

Yes, you need a newer ffmpeg by the looks of it.
You could edit profile and change "aac" to "libfaac" to work with ffmpeg you have, but from what I recall libfaac was pretty lousy.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #5830
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Yes, you need a newer ffmpeg by the looks of it.
You could edit profile and change "aac" to "libfaac" to work with ffmpeg you have, but from what I recall libfaac was pretty lousy.
Upgraded to the latest kmttg, latest profiles, latest tools, still having audio that is horribly out of sync.

Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #5831
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
Upgraded to the latest kmttg, latest profiles, latest tools, still having audio that is horribly out of sync.

Any ideas?
It's a long shot, but you could try temporarily disabling VideoRedo in kmttg by just adding a "-" at the end of the directory path. Then when you run QS Fix step it will use ProjectX instead. If both VRD and ProjectX can't fix the sync issues then I don't know what can.
I suppose one more option is to try trial version of VRD TVSuite 4 and one of its built in H.264 encoding profiles.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #5832
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Care to share your script? Will it change my .mpg.txt files to .mp4.txt?

I agree, other than this the two step process has been working great for me.
Pretty simple, assuming you're running Windows 7 or 8. If XP or 2K you may need to tweak the SCRIPT to work.
Copy & Paste the SCRIPT code below into a new text file and save it as rename_MetaFile.cmd in your kmttg directory,
SCRIPT
Code:
REM this is supposed to be used as a custom kmttg script that gets passed mpeg_fname (program.ts) as a parameter
REM if nothing passed to us (i.e. command script was just run by double-clicking it) just exit
IF %1.==. GOTO FINISHED
SET _SOURCEN=%~dpn1.mpg.txt
SET _TARGETN=%~n1.ts.txt
ren "%_SOURCEN%" "%_TARGETN%"
:FINISHED
EXIT
then setup kmttg to call it as a custom command, like
Code:
C:\kmttg\rename_MetaFile.cmd [mpegFile]
and check the custom checkbox when you want to use it.
My mpeg files after download, decrypt, QSF & saving are .ts files, so just change .ts to .mp4 in the SCRIPT and it should work for you.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #5833
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

FWIW, even with QS Fix, I was having some sync issues using HandBrake when converting to MP4 and I solved it by switching my container to MKV.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #5834
dadrepus

I had same issues with out of sync sound until I upgraded to the latest kmttg. My problem is with AtomicParsley failing every time:
AtomicParsley failed (exit code: 138 ) - check command: /Applications/kmttg_v1p0c/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley "/Applications/kmttg_v1p0c/The Librarian Curse of the Judas Chalice (09_22_2013).mp4" --overWrite --stik Movie --year 2008 --description "A librarian and a beautiful singer must prevent vampires from taking over the world. " --TVShowName "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" --artist "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" --albumArtist "The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice" --TVNetwork TNTHD -d 1/1

I am on a Mac OS 10.76.
dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #5835
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Yes, I've given up on Atomic Parsley. It takes a long time, gives no benefit and then fails. I wish there was a way to disable it, but kmttg requires a path for it.

I found you can give it a bad path, and it is skipped, but you get an error everytime you change a configuration.
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #5836
dadrepus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Yes, I've given up on Atomic Parsley. It takes a long time, gives no benefit and then fails. I wish there was a way to disable it, but kmttg requires a path for it.

I found you can give it a bad path, and it is skipped, but you get an error everytime you change a configuration.
Well, I really didn't understand what Atomic Parsley was suppose to do so I just read the "Using Atomic Parsley file.... Boy an i stupid some times.
No onder it doesn't work for Movies.:

AtomicParsley is a command line program for reading & writing iTune-style metadata in mpeg4 files (m4a, m4b, m4p, m4v & mp4) whether iTMS drm protected or not. AtomicParsley can set most user accessible tags, and some that iTunes doesn't let you change. Of particular note are the Mac OS X only image modification preferences that allow artwork to be modified prior to embedding. Artwork can be converted to jpeg, file size limited, reduced & squared through setting command line preferences.

Currently, AtomicParsley lets you set these type of iTunes-style tags in MPEG-4 files:

artist lyrics category TVEpisodeNum
title album artist artwork TVSeasonNum
album composer compilation podcast flag
genre copyright advisory podcast feed url
tracknumber grouping stik podcast episode GUID url
disknumber bpm/tempo TVNetwork purchase date
comment description TVShowName encoder tool
year keyword TVEpisode play gapless

3GPP & 3GPP2 files (.3gp & .3g2) have a different set of metadata tags available called assets:

title author performer genre
album * year copyright description
rating keyword classification location

* album asset is only available on 3gp6 and later branded files.

It is NOT used for Movie files at all... so it fails?
dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #5837
moyekj

Quote:

With recent kmttg versions you can empty the field in configuration. You probably have to rename the AtomicParsley folder in kmttg installation though so kmttg doesn't find it automatically.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #5838
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
With recent kmttg versions you can empty the field in configuration. You probably have to rename the AtomicParsley folder in kmttg installation though so kmttg doesn't find it automatically.
Ah, thats what I remember. I'd empty the field, it would fill it in.

So if I rename the directory, and leave the field blank I should be good to go?
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #5839
moyekj

There are updated versions of AtomicParsley that support additional options for movies, etc. I can't remember now where I got the Windows binary from, but at least on Windows I believe it does work properly for movies. Since I don't have a Mac I don't keep the Mac tools up to date so that's probably an ancient version included with Mac that doesn't have the enhancements.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #5840
moyekj

Quote:
Ah, thats what I remember. I'd empty the field, it would fill it in.

So if I rename the directory, and leave the field blank I should be good to go?
Yes.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #5841
cherry ghost

Quote:
There are updated versions of AtomicParsley that support additional options for movies, etc. I can't remember now where I got the Windows binary from, but at least on Windows I believe it does work properly for movies. Since I don't have a Mac I don't keep the Mac tools up to date so that's probably an ancient version included with Mac that doesn't have the enhancements.
Also on Windows, so I can't test, but the Mac version here may have the enhancements

https://bitbucket.org/shield007/atomicparsley
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #5842
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Also on Windows, so I can't test, but the Mac version here may have the enhancements

https://bitbucket.org/shield007/atomicparsley
Yup, that's the one. The Windows version that comes with kmttg tool package is 0.9.5. If someone can test out the Mac version there and verify it works I can include it in Mac tools package.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #5843
species8472jj

Minor Issues

I am wondering if someone could help me with a minor issue I've been having as well as a question that I have.

Issue - I am sure other have experienced this. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck in finding it on the forums (but that doesn't mean it isn't there). What happens, on occasion, is a download will just stop in the middle of a file. When I try to download it again, it stops in the same place.

As an example SVU was just on and the file size is 12.13 GB. When it downloads, it stops at a little over 7 GB. Just for kicks, I tried the same file with Tivo Desktop, and it stopped downloading at the same place. I am guessing is that the file is some how corrupted, and there is no resolution, but I figure I would ask.

I have tried downloading in TS and PS to see if it would make a difference, and it didn't seem to matter.

Question - I generally download in TS format, however the metadata files end up with .mpg.txt in the file name. I manually change them to .ts.txt and all is well. Is there a way to tell KMTTG to output the files in .ts.txt.

As always, thanks for the help.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #5844
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
Question - I generally download in TS format, however the metadata files end up with .mpg.txt in the file name. I manually change them to .ts.txt and all is well. Is there a way to tell KMTTG to output the files in .ts.txt.

As always, thanks for the help.
That issue is fixed in next release.

The failed download issue has no solution as it's a TiVo problem. If you have more than 1 TiVo you can MRV resume to another unit and then download that partial and use software such as VRD to combine 2 partials together.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #5845
species8472jj

Quote:
That issue is fixed in next release.

The failed download issue has no solution as it's a TiVo problem. If you have more than 1 TiVo you can MRV resume to another unit and then download that partial and use software such as VRD to combine 2 partials together.
I completely agree that it is a TiVo problem. The funny thing is when I asked them, they like to blame Microsoft. I'm a little unclear as to your suggestion. I do have 2 TiVo boxes. Are you suggesting to transfer the program to my other TiVo box (expecting it to bomb at the 7 GB point), then expecting it to allow me to resume downloading and it will download the remainder of the file (except it will have 2 files on the Tivo)?

I do have VRD, so I could combine them if need be.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #5846
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
I completely agree that it is a TiVo problem. The funny thing is when I asked them, they like to blame Microsoft. I'm a little unclear as to your suggestion. I do have 2 TiVo boxes. Are you suggesting to transfer the program to my other TiVo box (expecting it to bomb at the 7 GB point), then expecting it to allow me to resume downloading and it will download the remainder of the file (except it will have 2 files on the Tivo)?

I do have VRD, so I could combine them if need be.
The 2 box workaround:
* Figure out the exact point where the download is failing by watching the partial download on your PC and jumping to the end of it.
* On the TiVo that has the recording FF to that point and then say 5-10 seconds beyond it and then pause and exit to set the pause point.
* On 2nd TiVo now start MRV resume of the show such that you have 2nd partial on that TiVo.
* Once download completes you can now download the 2nd partial from the 2nd TiVo. Just remember 1st to rename the 1st partial download so you don't overwrite it when downloading the 2nd.

i.e. The idea is to set the pause point to just beyond the glitch that is causing download to fail and then transfer from that point on to another TiVo. Then assuming there aren't any more glitches you should be able to transfer that 2nd partial to your PC and then merge it back together with the 1st partial.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #5847
bbrown9

Never mind. I just needed to update kmttg

Last edited by bbrown9 : 09-28-2013 at 10:05 PM.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #5848
Andrewp75

Im geting the two error codes

curl: (18) transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining

and Exit code: 18

Im using V1p0g

The only time it seems to work is when I delete KMTTG reboot my mac book pro and then it works for one show download and then stops in the middle of any additional downloads I try

I have also tried downloading with Java, that didnt make a difference. Even after updating to the latest version of Java runtime

The other error that I get is premature EOF

Exit code: 0
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File

Too bad because this worked great on the PC, cant seem to get it to work consistently on my Mac book quite yet.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Also using pytivoX to send videos to Tivo and that works pretty well.

Last edited by Andrewp75 : 09-29-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Andrewp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #5849
moyekj

Exit code 18 = Partial file. Only a part of the file was transfered.

Sounds to me like an issue writing the file to output destination perhaps due to lack of space. If transfer stops right around 2GB then it's likely a file system limitation. What kind of partition is the output going to? Is it an external USB drive? Have you checked disk space there? Also check for other things such as firewall or anti-virus software.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #5850
Andrewp75

1. I have 26 GB available
2. firewall is set to allow all incoming connections
3. 1 out of 15 times it works for no reason that I can tell
4. I know that when the status meter was silver in color it worked and other times it is blue in color (dont remember if it ever worked when blue, whats the difference?

thanks again for any help/suggestions!
Andrewp75 is offline   Reply With Quote