TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Survivor - 9/25/2013 *Spoilers*

Man, I was hoping the returning players would lose so they could vote Colton out.

And why do they always vote out the hot chicks early in the game?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Howie
Out of Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Man, I was hoping the returning players would lose so they could vote Colton out.

Those are my 2 top complaints, too.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Buh bye Rupert. Gonna win week after week huh?

Nice to see that Colton was able to change ... for a couple of days. Everybody seems to be on to him - I hope. But I was also bummed that they got immunity so they couldn't vote him out yet. But I think his time will come soon.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Colton is a waste of air.

Glad to see both Candice and Marissa win at the RI. Candice was awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
VegasVic
Craps Player

So glad Rupert is gone, can't stand the sound of his voice. Colton... well my God he's a POS. Sick of Culpepper too (Brad). Jeff was right, giving the opportunity for the person sent to RI to switch with his/her "loved one" adds a layer to the voting process. And while I hate RI I do like that twist. But pretty soon there won't always be a loved one around to switch with as people start being eliminated off RI.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

yea, the twist this year really changes strategy, I like it.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am rooting for Aras.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
yea, the twist this year really changes strategy, I like it.
I didn't think I would like the premise going in but hadn't thought about the additional layer of strategy that surfaced last night.

I thought the tribes should be a mix of returning and new players but perhaps they assume this will happen via returning players swapping out for loved ones (as Rupert did last week). Not so much for Gervase and his niece!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
TomK

Colton is the biggest waste of a spot for someone deserving and wanting to be there. I really hate CBS for bringing him back.
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I was so glad when Rupert's stack of spools fell over. He was so stupid to stack them so haphazardly, but that seems to be the way he does everything.

But I do think his emotions are genuine that if either he or his wife had to go out early, he's glad it's him so that his wife can actually get a chance to play the game.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
dirtypacman
Coming and going

It is frustrating to watch a guy like Colton play survivor. You would hope CBS would listen to the viewers saying we don't want that kind of person playing but they have ratings to keep and dislike can equal watchers as much as liking players does.

I am from the same camp as not liking the RI portion of the game but with the twist on it this year it certainly makes it more interesting.

Can't get upset with Rupert leaving, he basicaly dug his own grave this game. I don't expect his wife to make the merge either so there goes that chance. Honestly I did not want to see either of them playing the game anyhow.

Not a bad start for the season that I was dreading having to watch so far. lol
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
WO312

Dalton: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...ter-episode-2/

Propst interview, talks about Colton: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/26/su...probst-colton/
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:

This and this. I was really hoping for the returnees to lose so Colton would be gone. At least Candice won the RI challenge so she'll stick around a little longer. Unfortunately, she's boring so she won't get much screen time until the next RI challenge rolls around.

I do like the added wrinkle to the voting strategies that having loved ones on the other side adds in. Makes every vote have so many extra potential ramifications to work though.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

In that nighttime scene of the returning players, what was up with Tyson and Aras basically snuggling? Aras was sitting between Tyson's legs and Tyson had his hands on Aras' chest. WTF?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Quote:
In that nighttime scene of the returning players, what was up with Tyson and Aras basically snuggling? Aras was sitting between Tyson's legs and Tyson had his hands on Aras' chest. WTF?
that was weird
Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
that was weird
COMPLETELY weird!!! We actually rewound, paused, and my husband and I were both WTH? It was beyond words weird.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
laria
Librocubicularist

I guess I shouldn't have been Candy Crushing while I was watching! I totally missed that.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #18
gweempose

Thank God Rupert is gone! He made a rash, stupid decision on day one, and he deserved to be out of the game first because of it.

Didn't notice that thing with Tyson and Aras. Sounds bizarre.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #19
jradosh
Newlywed

I hope that's the last we see of Rupert.

I'm also thankful that the tribe of returning players are wise to Colton's game and seem like they'll have none of it.

Did that dude even look for the idol? The clue seemed pretty specific. I wonder why they didn't show more of that?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
It is frustrating to watch a guy like Colton play survivor. You would hope CBS would listen to the viewers saying we don't want that kind of person playing but they have ratings to keep and dislike can equal watchers as much as liking players does.

I am from the same camp as not liking the RI portion of the game but with the twist on it this year it certainly makes it more interesting.

Can't get upset with Rupert leaving, he basicaly dug his own grave this game. I don't expect his wife to make the merge either so there goes that chance. Honestly I did not want to see either of them playing the game anyhow.

Not a bad start for the season that I was dreading having to watch so far. lol
Ratings are down from last year, I think the lowest for a Survivor premiere ever, so maybe CBS will listen about bringing back the Colton types of the game.

I'm kinda liking the you can switch with your loved one rule. But, I still hate RI. I think the other twist the kind of gets overlooked is that if you switch with your loved one, you go to loved one's tribe, which means the tribes over time will get shuffled somewhat.

Still not digging this season really. I'm not all that thrilled with the choice of returnees (or bringing back returnees to begin with). I also don't like them combining reward and immunity competitions either. I'll still watch as I always do. Maybe it will get better.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
LifeIsABeach

Loving all the extra strategy that has to be employed. Do I switch with my loved one? Who do I send to tribal if my loved one is there? Will they switch?

Just noticed that Gervase has a large Pagong tattoo on his arm. Don't know how I missed that last week.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Ratings are down from last year, I think the lowest for a Survivor premiere ever, so maybe CBS will listen about bringing back the Colton types of the game.

I'm kinda liking the you can switch with your loved one rule. But, I still hate RI. I think the other twist the kind of gets overlooked is that if you switch with your loved one, you go to loved one's tribe, which means the tribes over time will get shuffled somewhat.

Still not digging this season really. I'm not all that thrilled with the choice of returnees (or bringing back returnees to begin with). I also don't like them combining reward and immunity competitions either. I'll still watch as I always do. Maybe it will get better.
I didn't overlook this!
Agree totally about not bringing former players back and liking separate comps for reward and immunity. In fact, with loved ones mostly on a separate tribe for now, a separate reward comp might make for some interesting strategy, particularly from the returning players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr461 View Post
I didn't think I would like the premise going in but hadn't thought about the additional layer of strategy that surfaced last night.

I thought the tribes should be a mix of returning and new players but perhaps they assume this will happen via returning players swapping out for loved ones (as Rupert did last week). Not so much for Gervase and his niece!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Thank God Rupert is gone! He made a rash, stupid decision on day one, and he deserved to be out of the game first because of it.
I disagree that Rupert made a stupid decision to switch with his wife. Clearly he wanted to make sure she got the real "Survivor experience" since he's already had it three other times. So when she had the potential to go to RI and then out without ever getting to experience the game, I think that would have been worse for Rupert than what happened. So I think he was perfectly happy sacrificing himself if it meant his wife got to really experience what the game was like for as long as she is able to stay in.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Quote:
I disagree that Rupert made a stupid decision to switch with his wife. Clearly he wanted to make sure she got the real "Survivor experience" since he's already had it three other times. So when she had the potential to go to RI and then out without ever getting to experience the game, I think that would have been worse for Rupert than what happened. So I think he was perfectly happy sacrificing himself if it meant his wife got to really experience what the game was like for as long as she is able to stay in.
yup, it all depends on how you look at it (or how Rupert and his wife look at it)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
gweempose

Quote:

I can appreciate the rationale behind Rupert's decision, and I'm quite certain you are correct in your assessment. If the only thing that truly mattered to him was making sure his wife got "the real Survivor Experience" for a few days, then I guess that's his prerogative. As a fan of the game, it bugged me, since it virtually guaranteed that NEITHER of them would make it far in the game.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
I mentioned it also and laughed because nobody else picked it up that I was watching with. I do remember Tyson being lets say a bit open with the tribe the last season he was on. I think something about how large is man junk was came up and he walked around half naked or something like that with all his bros last time around. Anyhow he is a strange one if I remember correctly.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #27
TiVoJedi

Here is Tyson outside Survivor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUX7MFgT9wc