TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
bvigne01

Hbo don't work on fios

I have 3 TiVo primer dvr's. all 3 have cable cards. HBO only works on one tv

The living room tv use to work and stopped working like 6 months ago. Have have tried 3 different cable cards in the living room and Verizon cannot make HBO work

The master bedroom HBO has always worked. This is the only TV HBO works on.

My son's room we just installed and HBO wont work in there. Not really a big deal because I would have blocked it anyway. I was just hoping if it did work I could have swapped that unit into the living room.

Verizon is now reporting this issue is a TiVo problem. Any one else having this issue?

The master bedroom TiVo is on software 20.2.2.1-01-2-746
The living room is on software 20.2.2.1-01-2-746
My son's room is on software 20.2.2.1-01-2-746

All 3 are running the same software so not sure why one would work and the others don't if its a TiVo issue
bvigne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
cmshep222

Call Fios and have them "Manually Revalidate the CableCard" This should solve it.

I found this solution on this board for my brother, and his HBO (on Fios) was working in 5 min. This after spending hours on the phone before having this solution to suggest.

Good luck!
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
rsnaider

There have been a few thread where people have tuned to channel 131 and had the cards activated while on this channel.

TiVo Roamio Pro
TiVo Premier - WD 1TB Expander
TiVo Premier XL
TiVo Premier Elite
TiVo Mini
rsnaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Donni

You need to contact Fios Technical Support and ask them to pair the cablecard with TiVo. They will ask Host ID # and Data ID #. You can get this info from Setting, Cablecards, Cablecard Decoder, Cablecards option (for installers), cablecard menu, cablecard pairing. Each TiVo has a different Host ID # and Data I'd #. After you pair the cablecard with TiVo, if you want to transfer the cablecard to a different TiVo, you have to call Fios Technical Support. The problem is sometimes Fios CSRs don't have a clue how to pair the cablecard with TiVo, they don't ask information about Host ID # and Data ID # and just blame the problem on TiVo. Last time I did, I had to speak with the supervisor to solve this problem. I hope this information helpful for you.
Donni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
akp221

Thumbs up Manual Validation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmshep222 View Post
Call Fios and have them "Manually Revalidate the CableCard" This should solve it.

I found this solution on this board for my brother, and his HBO (on Fios) was working in 5 min. This after spending hours on the phone before having this solution to suggest.

Good luck!
I second this! The rep today called it "manual validation". I had to get a new CableCard for this to work. A previous CableCard I had in another TiVo and was attempting to re-pair to my new TiVo was somehow just plain busted. It would get a weak and pixelated HBO signal, so not the same issue as just not getting the HBO channels. I think CableCards must be very sensitive! The Verizon rep from a few days ago said he manually validated it twice but the signal never got any better, hence the new CableCard.

I had my doubts a new card would solve the issue, but new card plus self install plus manual validation equals ALL my channels coming through perfectly.
akp221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
eaglestvo

I had the same problem. Fios solved it all by facebook IM. The Fios facebook page was advertising their free preview. I sent an private message saying that the channel showed not available on my TV. A tech rep messaged back asking me for cablecard information. He did a manual validation of the card to update, and the HBO channels appeared.
eaglestvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
dslunceford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmshep222 View Post

Good luck!
This did the trick for me after I had replace my HD and do a clear/reset everything....a card that previously worked wouldn't work for HBO. They sent out a new M card and same issue. I asked the tech to manually revalidate and was up in 5 min. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote