TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
Archangel00

Sons of Anarchy - "Poenitentia" - 9/24/13

Clay lives, (yet again!), Tig dies
I do NOT accept that! (Irish be DAMNED!)

How gruesome was the "bottle opening" scene! YIKES!

What do you know, twist off... LOL

Wish they would just go ahead and spin off Bobby and his nomads into it's own series and get on with that story. (seems like what is ultimately going to happen anyway)

Last edited by Archangel00 : 09-25-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
Ment

Why do shows continue to show silencers like your shooting a blowgun?

Did not need to see Robocops vinegar strokes...

Clay: Bet Tig isn't dead...do you know you need me for the Irish once again?
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Probably the same reason I suspect they always say "Revelations" for "Book of Revelation"...if they get it right, most people will assume they got it wrong.

I'm starting to get the impression the ex-marshal might not be entirely sane...
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Shaunnick

So my wife thinks I am crazy, but here are my thoughts on Tara. The pregnancy is bulls#!+. She is about to break away from a family that don't allow to break away, and I am pretty sure she is about to toss Jax and all of SAMCRO under the legal bus. I think she will use the pregnancy as cover to get some time before a hit is put on her until she can go into WitSec or get out of the country.

Thoughts?
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
So my wife thinks I am crazy, but here are my thoughts on Tara. The pregnancy is bulls#!+.
Your wife is a wise woman.

While it is theoretically possible that Tara could have faked the medical test results, she was far too conflicted about it for it to be a ruse.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Your wife is a wise woman.

While it is theoretically possible that Tara could have faked the medical test results, she was far too conflicted about it for it to be a ruse.
You realize the more I get push back on this the more I will dig in my heels and say I am right, right?

The way the reveal was handled, in this episode and the last episode where she asked her boss about doing some pregnancy blood work, was presented in a particular way.

Last week she takes her boss into her office and looks around to see if anyone is around before asking her boss for the blood work. It looked like she wanted to keep things quiet. That would have made sense if she was trying to keep the information from Jax and Gemma or anyone else. But then this week she not only tells Gemma first and early on in her 'pregnancy', but the show runners feel the need to show Jax (and us) the paperwork showing she is pregnant. Why? It seems like a lot of work to convince the audience that she is in fact pregnant, but we'll see.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
BlearyEyed
BlearyEyed

Anybody thinking that Bobby has some other plan than going Nomad? If Tig is in fact gone, SAMCRO would be down to Jax, Chibbs, Happy, Juice and Phil? (Is he a full member?)

In the past season or two they've lost Clay, Opie, Piney, Rat, Kozick, Bobby, the 3 former Nomads who helped Clay, and potentially Tig. Did I miss any? SAMCRO is not good for your long or short term health. Jax mentioned how his club charter would fold if he didn't have enough members, plus just for the purposes of having a show how can you only have 4-5 members and keep the storylines going?

Just seems like a lot of time being put into the Bobby story if the end game is he goes Nomad and floats off into the distance.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlearyEyed View Post
Anybody thinking that Bobby has some other plan than going Nomad? If Tig is in fact gone, SAMCRO would be down to Jax, Chibbs, Happy, Juice and Phil? (Is he a full member?)

In the past season or two they've lost Clay, Opie, Piney, Rat, Kozick, Bobby, the 3 former Nomads who helped Clay, and potentially Tig. Did I miss any? SAMCRO is not good for your long or short term health. Jax mentioned how his club charter would fold if he didn't have enough members, plus just for the purposes of having a show how can you only have 4-5 members and keep the storylines going?

Just seems like a lot of time being put into the Bobby story if the end game is he goes Nomad and floats off into the distance.
What are you thinking, hostile takeover of Charmin by Bobby? I think he is not starting up Nomads, but moving elsewhere to start a new chapter altogether.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
Shaunnick

And when did Rat die, did I miss something?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
Beryl

Quote:
I'm starting to get the impression the ex-marshal might not be entirely sane...
And the DA-Lady knows it. I loved the sign this statement "to protect me from your crazy" scene.
Quote:
So my wife thinks I am crazy, but here are my thoughts on Tara. The pregnancy is bulls#!+. She is about to break away from a family that don't allow to break away, and I am pretty sure she is about to toss Jax and all of SAMCRO under the legal bus. I think she will use the pregnancy as cover to get some time before a hit is put on her until she can go into WitSec or get out of the country. Thoughts?
I agree you but I don't think the doctor is that smart. She blabs too much about the wrong things and doesn't reveal what she should.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Archangel00

Ratboy is alive, still a prospect, but alive.

Tara isn't smart enough to do something like that, but she is certainly stupid enough to try I guess. But, who knows what her and Lowen (the brains of the operation) are up to. We'll just have to wait and see.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Linnemir

Quote:
So my wife thinks I am crazy, but here are my thoughts on Tara. The pregnancy is bulls#!+. She is about to break away from a family that don't allow to break away, and I am pretty sure she is about to toss Jax and all of SAMCRO under the legal bus. I think she will use the pregnancy as cover to get some time before a hit is put on her until she can go into WitSec or get out of the country.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure you're completely right, but yeah, she's planning *something* - and I think it involves Wendy and the guardianship. Wendy was scamming Gemma with the tale of the AA guy threatening her. She knew just which buttons to push to make Gemma sympathetic to her - and just how did she know that if not from Tara?

IIRC, the lawyer told Tara that what she'd written up did not implicate either Tara or Jax in illegal activity - so I"m not sure that she's going to throw the gang under the legal bus.

Not sure what's going on, but she's got a plan ...
Linnemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Clay lives, (yet again!), Tig dies
I do NOT accept that! (Irish be DAMNED!)
I doubt Tig is dead, if he was going to die, Sutter would have showed it.
Pope II is going to keep him alive for some dastardly purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Such a tiny "silencer" as well.
You need a "suppressor" a lot larger than that to quiet down anything bigger than a .22.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Martha

I agree "something" is up with Tara. If she just needed a pregnancy test, she could swing by CVS and pick one up. I don't know anybody that goes to a medical facility to see if they're pregnant anymore.

I'm guessing her friend, the administrator, fudged the results for her so she would have some kind of "proof".

Why? I have no idea.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
BlearyEyed
BlearyEyed

Quote:
And when did Rat die, did I miss something?
Sorry, I was thinking of Miles, who Juice killed in the woods. Good catch. I think Bobby has a genuine love for the club, and isn't going to make it so much a "hostile" takeover as a "we have me and my four new members (votes) that want into SAMCRO" so that he would have a voting block to make changes to send the club in the direction that he thinks is most appropriate.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
I doubt Tig is dead, if he was going to die, Sutter would have showed it.
Pope II is going to keep him alive for some dastardly purpose.

Once they started talking instead of shooting I thought I caught what was going on. Since "Pope II" strongly suspects it was Jax who killed Pope, or at least set him up, he'll use Tig to get to Jax.

That would leave us with:
Clay turning on Jax to keep from being killed in jail and Tig turning on Jax to keep from getting killed also. Both of these guys are at risk of being killed by the same guy/group and both have a temporary stay on that execution by being useful somehow.

Meanwhile Tara is up to something.

Any Wendy now gets a gun from Gemma by faking being abused. We know though that the last person to actually abuse and threaten her with more abuse was: Jax.

Jax is liable to find that having all of his problem people dealt with by proxy wasn't a great way to delegate.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
And Wendy now gets a gun from Gemma by faking being abused.
I wonder what that gun might be tied to, forensically-speaking?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
Beryl

Quote:
I wonder what that gun might be tied to, forensically-speaking?
I wondered the same thing when Gemma said it was clean.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
cheesesteak
Meh.

Things don't look so good in Tigville. Wait, who am I kidding? This is Sons Of Anarchy. Clay should have been dead two years ago and he's still alive and killing people. Tig should have been killed thirty seconds after the screen went black because he's so stupid and unreliable but Sutter will weasel in some implausible way to keep him alive because he's a popular character.

I think I liked Torric better before we knew he was coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.

I have no idea what Wendy is up to. Can't be good for Gemma though.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Poor Persians.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
Howie
Out of Pocket

Who was the dead woman at the end? And Tig dead, I can't handle that.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Who was the dead woman at the end?
She is woman who was shot by the psycho ex-fed in the motel room.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #23
StrynBean

I think maybe Wendy is trying to get back to her old life. She had said she missed it and the only way for her to get back in is to get Jax to have sympathy for her.
StrynBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #24
cheesesteak
Meh.

What was the point of Jax peeping in on an 87 year old dude and a madam/hooker getting busy? He knew who the two people were and he could hear what they were doing. He and we didn't need the visual of Peter Weller's creepy old man face.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 09-26-2013 at 05:36 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What was the point of Jax peeping in on an 87 year old dude and a madam/hooker getting busy? He knew who the two people were and he could hear what they were doing. He and we didn't need the visual of Peter Weller's creepy old man face.
They needed to make sure WE knew.

Always gotta make things completely obvious for the cheap seats in Poughkeepsie.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #26
Shaunnick

Quote:
Did you ever see that episode of Lost where Sun is in bed with the dude?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #27
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
They needed to make sure WE knew.

Always gotta make things completely obvious for the cheap seats in Poughkeepsie.
I didn't recognize the grunts as those of "Good Listener" and "Slasher". I appreciated seeing them.

Also, it let "Slasher" see Jax, so that he knew that he knew.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #28
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I didn't recognize the grunts as those of "Good Listener" and "Slasher". I appreciated seeing them.

Also, it let "Slasher" see Jax, so that he knew that he knew.
If you had closed captioning on it actually labeled the groans as coming from her and the "oh yeahs" coming from Barosky.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

I've always seen Jax as the hero of the show but this season has changed my perception of him dramatically. Maybe it was him sleeping with "good listener." His marriage may be in shambles but he's still married. It's like he doesn't care anymore. In the past, I feel that he would be fighting harder to make his marriage work.

I'm hoping Bobby gets a crew together and challenges Jax for the chapter.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #30
dwatt

Quote:
Other than another opportunity for gratuitous nakedness featuring the "good Listener" I would say setting up tension between Jax and Robocop.
dwatt is offline   Reply With Quote