TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Burn Notice - Series Finale (spoilers welcome)

I thought the finale should be discussed separately. I haven't seen it yet, so I have no comments, but feel free to discuss.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

I was thinking "Well, so much for a Burn Notice reunion!"

It was nice that everybody got to use their catch phrases.

I wondered why Maddie didn't just anonymously call the local police to report armed men in the street. She might not have had to get blowed up.

Does Fiona carry C4 with her everywhere she goes?

I'll admit that I got a little misty at the end.

Maybe there WILL be a Burn Notice special.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

I would have liked Maddy getting a chance to say "Michael, someone needs your help" but I guess it would have weakened the impact of that final call.

There were a lot of plot holes, but I wasn't as bothered by them as some people on this forum, I was willing to go for the ride. Admittedly the escape from the bomb was a strain even for me. But all in all, I was satisfied with the ending.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
markz
Hilarity Ensues

My wife and I thought it was a good finale. Much better than most.

During the funeral, I told my wife that I bet Michael and Fiona would be watching from a distance. I wasn't surprised that they lived.

Sam Axe was the only one that I really cared if he lived or died.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I would have liked Maddy getting a chance to say "Michael, someone needs your help" but I guess it would have weakened the impact of that final call.
Maddy did get to utter, "Michael, what's going on?" for the 2344647545th time, but Sam didn't say "We've got company." "Maybe you haven't been paying attention but..."

They did telegraph the possible Sam Axe and Jesse Porter spinoff.

Nobody wonders where Charlie disappeared to?

Bad guy in the approaching helicopter number 3. Bad guy with the dead man's switch #5.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
alpacaboy

Not a catch phrase that I remember, but I liked the:
J: Where do you think they are?
S: I don't know. Lot of places in the world with C4 and yogurt.
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

"Shall we shoot them?"

and finally "Just say, 'My name is Michael Westsen. I used to be spy'"

All of sudden Fi tells Michael she loves him after she ditched his and told him to P off she was going with Carlos.

And where did they get the money to buy the Thomas Kincaid cabin? "You have no bank accounts, no credit cards..." and they never seemed to get paid for their services.
UVerse and OTA

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
Numb And Number2

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
And where did they get the money to buy the Thomas Kincaid cabin? "You have no bank accounts, no credit cards..." and they never seemed to get paid for their services.
Getting their hands on cash should be no problem for Fi and Michael. Have you been watching?
Numb And Number2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

I was happier with the finale than I've been with the series in a couple of seasons. I would have liked for Mom to live, too, but was glad she went out with a bang.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Quote:
Nobody wonders where Charlie disappeared to?....
Charlie was asleep on Michael's lap in the final scene with Fiona.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
Charlie was asleep on Michael's lap in the final scene with Fiona.
Uh, huh. So Charley is safe and being cared for by two dead people.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 09-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
pendragn

Quote:
Uh, huh. So Charley is safe and being cared for by two dead people.
I'm curious how he got there. He's with Mom and Jesse when Michael and Fi are "killed" in the explosion. While Jesse and Sam are pretty sure Michael and Fi are alive it doesn't sound like they've talked to them since they explosion. So how did Charlie get from Jesse to Michael without Jesse being worried about it? Did Charlie just disappear and Jesse assume, "I bet Michael took him." and shrug it off?

tk

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
I'm curious how he got there.
tk
This is what people are getting hung up on?

After surviving the James' sat center explotion, making a kid disappear would be easy.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
I'm curious how he got there. He's with Mom and Jesse when Michael and Fi are "killed" in the explosion. While Jesse and Sam are pretty sure Michael and Fi are alive it doesn't sound like they've talked to them since they explosion. So how did Charlie get from Jesse to Michael without Jesse being worried about it? Did Charlie just disappear and Jesse assume, "I bet Michael took him." and shrug it off?

tk
I thought it seemed that Sam and Jesse knew Michael and Fiona survived, but they (S&J) didn't know where they (M&F) went. I figured they had to have seen each other in order for M&F to get Charlie.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I thought it seemed that Sam and Jesse knew Michael and Fiona survived, but they (S&J) didn't know where they (M&F) went.
From the way they talked, it was obvious to me (which doesn't mean it's true, of course!) that Sam and Jesse assumed Michael and Fi MUST have survived, because they're Michael and Fi, but they had no actual evidence. And that Charlie being with Michael & Fi was just hand-waving and/or sloppy writing, two things this show has always specialized in. NTTAWTT.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #16
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Charlie was last known to be living in a house that recently exploded. I doubt they'd have to do anything to cause the powers that be to assume Charlie's dead -- that would take care of itself. (Why there were a few other bodies in and around that house is a better question for the police, but in any case, it's not going to lead them to Charlie.)
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I thought it seemed that Sam and Jesse knew Michael and Fiona survived, but they (S&J) didn't know where they (M&F) went. I figured they had to have seen each other in order for M&F to get Charlie.
Yeah, this is the only logical situation since Jessie was the last person to have Charlie.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Finally got around to watching this over the weekend. I liked the ending, if not really surprising (except for Maddie taking one for the team), it did go out with a bang. My assumption was that Sam and Jessie knew they made it out and met somewhere to hand over Charlie. I DID kinda get that feeling that they knew they made it out. If this had been a darker series the whole way through the producers would have killed M&F off.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
tiassa
Me --Avatar

My feeling is that S&J knew M&F were SOMEwhere, just not Miami. Sam said "We'll hear from them when the time is right". As for money-- note that Barry was at the funeral, I suspect he was able to to siphon off some of James' ill gotten gains and pass them along.

All in all it was a fitting finale, a good balance between action and angst, and it left enough hooks for a reunion movie.

Last edited by tiassa : 09-16-2013 at 12:09 PM.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
My feeling is that S&J knew M&F were SOMEwhere, just not Miami. Sam said "We'll hear from them when the time is right". As for money-- note that Barry was at the funeral, I suspect he was able to to siphon off some of James' ill gotten gains and pass them along.

All in all it was a fitting finale, a good balance between action and angst, and it left enough hooks for a reunion movie.
I noticed Barry too He was my favorite of the guest stars.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #21
Church AV Guy

Quote:

+1 Agree completely!

There is some speculation about a follow-on series just starring Sam and Jessie. They left a "hook" for that as well.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I noticed Barry too He was my favorite of the guest stars.
I consider him a secondary character. I always liked the Barry centric episodes.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
Church AV Guy

Quote:
I consider him a secondary character. I always liked the Barry centric episodes.
He was what they called a recurring role or character. Yes, he was very good.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
eddyj

I stopped watching two years ago, but I watched this, and enjoyed it. Not sure where the baby came, and it sounds like his brother was killed? Other than that, it does not sound like I missed much in the last two seasons.

eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
I stopped watching two years ago, but I watched this, and enjoyed it. Not sure where the baby came, and it sounds like his brother was killed? Other than that, it does not sound like I missed much in the last two seasons.
The baby was Michael's brother's baby. He came to visit Maddie and Michael and got caught up in one of Michael's things and was killed. Maddie then became Charlie's guardian.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
The kid was Nate's (Mike's brother) son. IIRC Nate's wife got killed offscreen, by one of the "big bads", Nate was collateral damage, killed by an assassin who took out the big bad.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
mr.unnatural

I finally got around to watching this the other day. I stuck with the show from the beginning, even though it was kind of cheesy. Still it's been a fun ride if you didn't take it too seriously. After seeing the Dexter finale last night (what a godawful POS) I have to say that this was one of the best series finales I've seen in a long time.

The only thing that would have made it better was if Maddy came running out of the house with a cigarette dangling from her mouth and an AK-47 blasting at the bad guys while shouting "Say Hello to my leetle friend!" At least she went out in a blaze of glory. I have to admit I never saw that coming, even though I had already heard that one of the main characters dies in the finale. I assumed it would have been either Sam or Jesse.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
He was what they called a recurring role or character. Yes, he was very good.
Recurring character is a more appropriate term.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
verdugan

Quote:
The kid was Nate's (Mike's brother) son. IIRC Nate's wife got killed offscreen, by one of the "big bads", Nate was collateral damage, killed by an assassin who took out the big bad.
Right on Nate, wrong on the wife. All they said was that she had issues (was it drugs?)