TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #5791
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I sure thought you gave me a command line option to do this, but I can't find it at the moment. (I searched for caption on this page forward.)

Is there a way to convert files that were downloaded _and_ decrypted in PS container to TS container THEN transfer back to Tivo (e.g. with pytivo)?

or are the captions already 'ruined' by the time it has been downloaded/decoded in PS format? (I suspect not, since VLC can still play the captions.. or at least they show SOME form of captions).

PS is fast enough from Premiere units that I can live with that, but not having the captions when going BACK to the Tivo is slightly a pain (yeah I should follow my own advice and write this up as a bug on Tivo's forums, since it works with S3). And I paranoidly check that the download really was complete, so even though I suggested doing it before, I want to really decode the program first and check it, THEN delete it from my Tivo.
Transferring from TiVo->PC as PS and then back to TiVo as TS results in working captions. The part that is broken in series 4 or later TiVos is transferring back in PS format eliminates captions.

To transfer back as TS you don't need to do anything to the file, simply use a recent wmcbrine pyTivo installation with ts=on setting in pyTivo.conf file server section, along with a recent ffmpeg binary. With that setup pyTivo will remux to TS on the fly and captions will be preserved. As a bonus you can PULL H.264 video to your TiVos and avoid transcoding (i.e. no need to PUSH to preserve H.264). Also as a bonus with that setup any non-compatible videos with H.264 video will avoid having video re-encoded since pyTivo will use ffmpeg to remux video into TS container.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #5792
mattack

Well, I'm on a Mac, and have been using the GUI Mac PyTivo ("just works").. Guess I'll have to figure out the CLI pyTivo.. That's not a complaint, just a fact.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #5793
sar840t2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Have you run QSFix and did it sync the audio? I don't see why HB won't do the job, I've been using it for a while and happen to think it's a great tool. You may have to adjust the setting in the profile to your liking (liking upping the quality setting one or two) but it should work just fine.
Not yet, I'm trying it tonight (won't have results for ~14 hours).

Oh, and PC details (I was wrong about the RAM):
  • Pentium D 3GHz
  • 3GB RAM

sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #5794
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
Not yet, I'm trying it tonight (won't have results for ~14 hours).

Oh, and PC details (I was wrong about the RAM):
  • Pentium D 3GHz
  • 3GB RAM

Try this encode profile

Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, res x=1280 h.264 video, copy audio (ac3), 192Kbps 2 chan aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES  -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:1 -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -crf 22 -s 1280x720 -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 aac -strict -2 -ac 2 -cutoff 15000 -b:a:1 192k OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

Shouldn't take more than an hour to encode an hour show with commercials removed.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #5795
sar840t2

A/V sync looks good with QS Fix enabled, but (with or without that) I just realized I'm seeing interlace artifacts when playing back on my PC (I didn't spot that until just now).

Before I try cherry ghost's suggested profile - should I be deinterlacing for playback (on a PC, Mac, or tablet)?
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #5796
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
A/V sync looks good with QS Fix enabled, but (with or without that) I just realized I'm seeing interlace artifacts when playing back on my PC (I didn't spot that until just now).

Before I try cherry ghost's suggested profile - should I be deinterlacing for playback (on a PC, Mac, or tablet)?
This is from profile hb_tivo_sd_crf. I know you want HD but it gives you an idea how to insert deinterlacing commands.

Code:
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT --detelecine --decomb --vfr --large-file -e x264 -f mp4 -O -q 21 -a 1 -E copy --audio-copy-mask ac3 --audio-fallback ac3 -x keyint=48:min-keyint=4 --denoise="weak" -v -o OUTPUT

Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #5797
jltamu

What Am I missing?

After reading such good things, I am hopeful to use your program, but am unsure what I am missing. I receive the following error and am not sure what to do, please help:
>> Getting Now Playing List from Downstairs ...
Failed to start command: --retry 3 --

Cannot run program "": CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
jltamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #5798
Kevin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltamu View Post
After reading such good things, I am hopeful to use your program, but am unsure what I am missing. I receive the following error and am not sure what to do, please help:
>> Getting Now Playing List from Downstairs ...
Failed to start command: --retry 3 --

I'm getting the same error. Here' the entire text:

Failed to start command: --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar
C:\Users\KEVIN~1.GUL\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie19209774215633 25050.tmp --url
https://192.168.0.158/TiVoConnect?Co...AnchorOffset=0 --output
C:\Users\KEVIN~1.GUL\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL74065103992480011 19.tmp

All the Remote tab functions work fine.

Kevin
Old 09-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #5799
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin L View Post
I'm getting the same error. Here' the entire text:

Failed to start command: --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar
C:\Users\KEVIN~1.GUL\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie19209774215633 25050.tmp --url
https://192.168.0.158/TiVoConnect?Co...AnchorOffset=0 --output
C:\Users\KEVIN~1.GUL\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL74065103992480011 19.tmp

All the Remote tab functions work fine.

Kevin
Looks like there is an issue with a brand new install with default program paths not being set correctly. However if you re-start kmttg after it has installed tools and prompted for your MAK it should work fine from then on.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #5800
moyekj

v1p0g version released

v1p0g version released with fix to properly set program defaults and Remote tab TiVo names for a new installation of kmttg to a fresh folder.
(This addresses the issue posted by new users above).

Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #5801
Kevin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
v1p0g version released with fix to properly set program defaults and Remote tab TiVo names for a new installation of kmttg to a fresh folder.
(This addresses the issue posted by new users above).
Awesome, that fixed the problem. Thank you so much for the quick response and fix. Great program.

One question I couldn't find by searching: Can I set or change the Keep Until flag? I transferred all the shows from my Premier XL to my Roamio Pro, and they did not keep the KUID flag. Before I go one-by-one in My Shows to change to KUID, I'm hoping your program can do it.

Thanks again!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #5802
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin L View Post
One question I couldn't find by searching: Can I set or change the Keep Until flag?
No, it's not possible via RPC as far as I can tell.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #5803
innocentfreak

Since the iPad app now supports remote management, did anyone ever discover a way to use KMTTG remotely?

I wanted to try to use it to manage my mom's Elite. The iPad works ok, but is so much slower.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #5804
moyekj

kmttg has supported controlling TiVos via WAN for a long time - I use it away from home to interface with my TiVos at home without using remote management software. The "hard" part is you have setup router WAN-LAN port forwarding on the LAN where the TiVos reside.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #5805
innocentfreak

Quote:
kmttg has supported controlling TiVos via WAN for a long time - I use it away from home to interface with my TiVos at home without using remote management software. The "hard" part is you have setup router WAN-LAN port forwarding on the LAN where the TiVos reside.
Ok thanks I will look into it. I only just moved the Elite over there so I had no need for it earler.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #5806
Soapm

Quote:
If you want things semi-automated where commercials are detected but you want to review them with VideoRedo before letting kmttg proceed with subsequent tasks:

In kmttg VideoRedo tab:
Turn off "Bring up VideoRedo GUI to make manual cuts"
Turn on "Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commercials"

Then for kmttg task set you would have both "Ad Detect" and "Ad Cut" turned on. Following the "Ad Detect" stage kmttg will start VideoRedo with a .Vprj file that you can review/edit. Then save project and exit VideoRedo and kmttg will then proceed to run VRD in the background for the "Ad Cut" step using the saved .Vprj file as input.

One thing I've noticed with this process is that i don't get a final metadata file. I have one mpg and tivo but none with mp4. So I've been taking the mpg file and changing it to mp4.

Ive tried this with "metadata file" set to last and all. Is there another setting that will keep the metadata flowing to the final mp4 file?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #5807
Soapm

Also, my tivoHD is rebooting again at about 256 recordings. Was the fix that made it work before removed when 11.0m was released or why would it start doing that again?

Scratch this one, I read my last post again and realized it was a pytivo file. I deleted them all and now i seem to be pulling the NPL.

Last edited by Soapm : 09-22-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Resolved...
Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #5808
onovotny

I noticed some odd behavior using kmttg. I have a Roamio and a Mini. The problem is that kmttg detects the Mini as a full TiVo, so some things are duplicated. In particular, the "Season Premiers" shows everything twice...

Can Minis be detected (by the TSN?) and treated differently? Really, the only functionality there should be the navigation (hme) and the remote control for channel changing.

Everything else should happen to the regular TiVo.
onovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #5809
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by onovotny View Post
I noticed some odd behavior using kmttg. I have a Roamio and a Mini. The problem is that kmttg detects the Mini as a full TiVo, so some things are duplicated. In particular, the "Season Premiers" shows everything twice...

Can Minis be detected (by the TSN?) and treated differently? Really, the only functionality there should be the navigation (hme) and the remote control for channel changing.

Everything else should happen to the regular TiVo.
If you update to recent release of kmttg (like the latest) the Mini is treated differently. You can still choose to enable or disable iPad in the kmttg config-Tivos tab to decide if you want Mini to show up in Remote tabs or not. I like having Mini in Remote tab so I can check Info and also do a Net Connect.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #5810
onovotny

Quote:
If you update to recent release of kmttg (like the latest) the Mini is treated differently. You can still choose to enable or disable iPad in the kmttg config-Tivos tab to decide if you want Mini to show up in Remote tabs or not. I like having Mini in Remote tab so I can check Info and also do a Net Connect.
I'm using v1p0g, is that the latest, what should I see that's different about the Mini? It appears to be treated the same as the regular one, but I might not be looking at the right thing
onovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #5811
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by onovotny View Post
I'm using v1p0g, is that the latest, what should I see that's different about the Mini? It appears to be treated the same as the regular one, but I might not be looking at the right thing
The main thing is that a Mini shouldn't have its own tab for Now Playing list in the GUI, and Mini is ignored by Batch and Auto Transfers mode when processing shows and for Auto Conflicts resolver. For "Remote" tabs you can choose whether to show the Mini or not via the config Tivos tab iPad setting.
Also when kmttg retrieves consolidated ToDo lists it will only do so for non Mini units.

"Season Premieres" tab only uses the currently selected TiVo so if you're seeing duplicated entries in there it's not because of the Mini. As a test of that disable Mini from "Remote" tab and run "Season Premieres" again. I do get some duplicated entries myself once in a while, but it's not every entry and don't know what the pattern is but it's based on what RPC search is returning.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-23-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #5812
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Last night I set a bunch of programs to download and encode and this morning I have this repeated in red a few times in the log:

Code:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.GraphicsConfiguration.createCompatibleImage(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #5813
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
Last night I set a bunch of programs to download and encode and this morning I have this repeated in red a few times in the log:

Code:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.
If you keep running into that and it's actually preventing things from running/working you may consider increasing initial and max heap space available to Java when starting kmttg. (Java folks decided they would impose their own default memory limits instead of using OS defaults).

Specifically the relevant java options are:
java -Xms<initial heap size> -Xmx<maximum heap size>
By default the values are 32m & 128m respectively. So for example to change that you could run kmttg as:
java -Xms256m -Xmx1028m -jar kmttg.jar

Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #5814
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
If you keep running into that and it's actually preventing things from running/working you may consider increasing initial and max heap space available to Java when starting kmttg. (Java folks decided they would impose their own default memory limits instead of using OS defaults).

Specifically the relevant java options are:
java -Xms<initial heap size> -Xmx<maximum heap size>
By default the values are 32m & 128m respectively. So for example to change that you could run kmttg as:
java -Xms256m -Xmx1028m -jar kmttg.jar
Great, thanks. I'm going to try converting a bunch more overnight tonight and we'll see if it springs up again.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #5815
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I'm sure this has been answered before, but:

In KMTTG you can limit the number of encoding cores, but HandBrake seems to ignore it. My KMTTG is set to 2 and yet HandBrake is using all 8 with a Job Limit of 1. Am I missing anything? Or is there a way to make HandBrake follow the KMTTG defined limit? I asked on the HandBrake forums, but nobody replied.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #5816
moyekj

The older versions of Hanbrake CLI did support # threads specification but at some point they got either removed or changed, so the packaged kmttg profiles no longer have them. If you figure out that there is a CLI option then the keyword to use in kmttg profile is CPU_CORES. You'll see the ffmpeg profiles using that keyword.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #5817
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I previously went through the HandBrake CLI page and didn't see anything:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

I thought maybe you could pass it via --encopts to the actual encoder, but couldn't find anything along those lines.

Thanks for verifying that I wasn't crazy though
Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #5818
moyekj

It looks like for an h264 encoding profile as part of the "-x" arguments adding the following works: threads=CPU_CORES
So for example for the hb_xbox360 profile:
Code:
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 --large-file -e x264 -b 2000 -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 1 -x threads=CPU_CORES:level=40:ref=2:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:weightb=1:subq=9:direct=auto:b-pyramid=1:me=umh:analyse=all:no-fast-pskip=1:deblock=-2,-1 -v -o OUTPUT

Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #5819
wuzznuubi

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
One thing I've noticed with this process is that i don't get a final metadata file. I have one mpg and tivo but none with mp4. So I've been taking the mpg file and changing it to mp4.

Ive tried this with "metadata file" set to last and all. Is there another setting that will keep the metadata flowing to the final mp4 file?
Not a direct answer to your question, but I also experienced metdata file misnaming since I use VRD to decode, QSF and repackage my TiVo downloads (downloaded using kmttg as transport stream tivo files) as .ts files. The metadata would always be named .mpg.txt instead of .ts.txt.

No matter what I selected in kmttg for metadata it always happened.

For quite awhile, I just renamed the metadata files from .mpg.txt to .ts.txt.

After enough of this manual workaround, I finally created a script.

Figured I wouldn't rock the boat since I have no complaints on kmttg, quite the contrary - don't know how I'd do without it. I simply created a script that renames them and call that script as a custom command in kmttg.

I really love the transport stream handling that's been added to both kmttg and pytivo, VRD just adds icing to my cake!

THANKS moyekj

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 09-25-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Speelling `;(
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #5820
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
It looks like for an h264 encoding profile as part of the "-x" arguments adding the following works: threads=CPU_CORES
So for example for the hb_xbox360 profile:
Code:
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 --large-file -e x264 -b 2000 -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 1 -x threads=CPU_CORES:level=40:ref=2:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:weightb=1:subq=9:direct=auto:b-pyramid=1:me=umh:analyse=all:no-fast-pskip=1:deblock=-2,-1 -v -o OUTPUT
Excellent, this does work. Here's my results:

Code:
Test File
--------------------
Length: 0:45
Filesize: 73mb
Resolution: 1920x1080i
Format: MPEG-2

Encoding time
--------------------
Default with all 8 -- 1:08
"threads=CPU_CORES" set to 2 -- 1:47