TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Northerner26

im coming back baby, yeah!!

my cable company went to digital a few years ago now so my old tivo's were no longer any good and i have had a long run of bad luck so i have been tapped on money so could never save up enough to buy a new premiere or lifetime service but my cable company switched over from some brand of dvr to premier xl4's for under twenty bucks a month so i pulled the trigger and they will be here to install thursday afternoon and i cant wait to finally be able to record more then one show at a time and finally be able to skip over commercials again!

i hope i can temporarily hook up my old tivo and move over some shows i had recorded?

but if not im still very happy to be almost back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Northerner26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
MarkEvans

Ok what's the name of this Happy Cable Company?
MarkEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Northerner26

Midcontinent, its here in the midwest

Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Quake97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner26 View Post
my cable company went to digital a few years ago now so my old tivo's were no longer any good and i have had a long run of bad luck so i have been tapped on money so could never save up enough to buy a new premiere or lifetime service but my cable company switched over from some brand of dvr to premier xl4's for under twenty bucks a month so i pulled the trigger and they will be here to install thursday afternoon and i cant wait to finally be able to record more then one show at a time and finally be able to skip over commercials again!

i hope i can temporarily hook up my old tivo and move over some shows i had recorded?

but if not im still very happy to be almost back!
That's the longest run on sentence ever.
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Northerner26

well my cable guy was here yesterday and im up and running!
took a little bit of getting used to the controller again. and speaking of controllers does anyone know if i can use one of my old controllers on this new box? (i know, put batteries in and try it) but its all packed up with my old units and buried in the garage.

also, is there anyway of changing the 30 second skip? i dont like the fast forward bit, i just like the jump.

and the timing was just right as i was able to record several shows last night at same time so i didnt have to miss one or flip between two shows.

im once again a happy watcher!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

An older remote will work, but it won't have some of the new buttons that the Premieres can use.

As for the 30 second skip, start playing a recorded show and then press Select - Play - Select - 3 - 0 - Select on the remote.

Keep in mind, if this is a cable company leased TiVo, the above function could be disabled, but it won't hurt to try it.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote