Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #61
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
The fact that you say you think this is the case indicates you're not sure, making you just as confused as the rest of us. There are just too many things left open to interpretation to draw solid conclusions. I'm pretty sure the writers intended it to be that way just to stir up controversy.
Well, no...who was dead and who was alive, and when, was made very clear. You're just wrong on that.

(Speaking as somebody who was terribly disappointed in the last season!)
Old 09-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #62
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I took the ending to imply that everyone on the island was actually dead and that there were no survivors. I may have drawn the wrong conclusion, but my wife reached the same one that I did. By the end of the series I was "Lost." The thread title says it all.
Nope, you got it very wrong. They survived on the island, most of them got off the island and continued their lives. Once they died, whenever and wherever that was, they then went to that silly flash sideways limbo place to wait until all the others got there so they could all move on together. The only time they were dead was in the S6 flash sideways sequences. The other 5.5 seasons they were very much alive.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #63
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
The fact that you say you think this is the case indicates you're not sure, making you just as confused as the rest of us. There are just too many things left open to interpretation to draw solid conclusions. I'm pretty sure the writers intended it to be that way just to stir up controversy.
I'm agreeing with you. I said I think though, only because I don't remember the last episode too well, only that they were outside the church talking and they never went in. I supposed it could be interpreted two ways: 1) They were dead but just not ready to "move on" with the rest of them, or 2) They were alive, and just paying their respects? I don't recall if they actually talked to any of the "on movers".
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #64
latrobe7
Just one more thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Is there a site that has LOST FAQs? I would love to read more about:

1. What was the Island?
2. Where was the Island?
3. What was the smoke?
4. What was the 4-toed statue?

That kind of thing.
I like lostpedia for that:

1&2
latrobe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #65
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm agreeing with you. I said I think though, only because I don't remember the last episode too well, only that they were outside the church talking and they never went in. I supposed it could be interpreted two ways: 1) They were dead but just not ready to "move on" with the rest of them, or 2) They were alive, and just paying their respects? I don't recall if they actually talked to any of the "on movers".
Actually, I'm pretty sure they all eventually went into the church except for Ben. He was on a heavy guilt trip and thought he wasn't worthy enough to join the rest of them. At least that's the way I remember how things went. It was almost as if they were all going to an AA meeting in the final episode.

To be honest, once things started getting wonky (probably when they started jumping through time and the side plots), I think I stopped paying as much attention as I did in the earlier seasons, which just added to the confusion. The plot, if there actually was one (and I still have my doubts), became so obscurred that it became difficult to discern what was real and what wasn't unless you were giving the show your utmost attention to every detail. If some of you are convinced that they all actually lived and eventually left the island then at least you have some closure. I stopped putting so much time and effort into it trying to figure things out long before the last season began.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #66
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Nope, you got it very wrong. They survived on the island, most of them got off the island and continued their lives. Once they died, whenever and wherever that was, they then went to that silly flash sideways limbo place to wait until all the others got there so they could all move on together. The only time they were dead was in the S6 flash sideways sequences. The other 5.5 seasons they were very much alive.
Yep. Everything that happened on the island actually happened. What we thought were flash sideways were actually flash forwards, to events that took place many, many years in the future (and, at the same time, in no time at all, since purgatory/limbo LA takes place out of time altogether), after the various Losties have all died from whatever causes.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #67
3D

I thought that those interested in this thread might appreciate this article by Damon Lindelof which was originally supposed to be a review of the Breaking Bad finale. Be warned, spoilers for Breaking Bad abound.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-finale-639484
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #68
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Good for him. His twitter feed after the BB finale aired was ridiculous with dooshbags just letting him have it (and, of course, Lindelof's masochistic tendencies led him to RT most of them).

Look -if you didn't like (or even understand) the finale, or didn't like the way the show handled its final season, fine. Certainly your prerogative. But at some point, you need to get over it, right? (I'm not talking about anyone here in particular, just the type of person who would, immediately after watching the BB finale, send Lindelof a tweet attempting to rub his face in it).