TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
DawnW

Series 3 and Netflix viewing

I am not sure if I am missing something or not.

I have a Series 3 (two of them actually) and I am able to stream Netflix through them, BUT.......it doesn't save my spot.

If I am watching a series on TV, and I have just watched (say) Season 3, episode 4......it doesn't tell me that I am not at Season 3, episode 5. I have to scroll through the entire series to get to that episode.

It makes me nuts. I often have many days or even a week or so between watching, so if I can't remember what I watched last, I have to go online on the computer and go to Netflix.com and see where I left off before I can queue up to what episode I wish to watch.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get it working the way I want?

Thanks,

Dawn
DawnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

The only way to "mark" the episodes as watched is to stop playback of the episode before it ends.
That is, when you finish an episode, restart it and let it play some (or FF) and then stop and back out.
This will add a "resume playback" to the episode menu for that episode.
I know it's a clunky work around, but it's the only one that I know of that works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
DawnW

Thanks.

That does help.

I just wondered if it actually DID save my last watched episode and I was missing something.

Sounds like I am not, but your tip is helpful.

One TV with Tivo has another HDMI port so we still have a Roku in there.

The other HDTV with the Tivo is older and there is only one HDMI port, so I am trying to use the Tivo to watch Netflix on that instead of a Roku.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The only way to "mark" the episodes as watched is to stop playback of the episode before it ends.
That is, when you finish an episode, restart it and let it play some (or FF) and then stop and back out.
This will add a "resume playback" to the episode menu for that episode.
I know it's a clunky work around, but it's the only one that I know of that works.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Man the S3 Netflix app is terrible. I was over at my Sisters last week and my Niece wanted to watch something on Netflix. (we're watching The Walking Dead together) My wife was home using our TV so I decided to just setup my Netflix account on my Sister's TiVo so we could watch it there. Man the UI is slow and horrible, the video quality was terrible and there were several points where the audio and video drifted out of sync. I suffered through that one episode, but told her we'd need to watch the remaining episodes on the weekend at my house.

I only had Netflix for a couple months back when I had a S3. I had forgotten how bad the app really was. The one on my new Roamio is great. Much easier to use and full 1080p/24 quality.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
DawnW

Does the Roamio also have Hulu or Playon?

If not, I can just keep my Roku boxes for now on the other TVs what have more than one HDMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Man the S3 Netflix app is terrible. I was over at my Sisters last week and my Niece wanted to watch something on Netflix. (we're watching The Walking Dead together) My wife was home using our TV so I decided to just setup my Netflix account on my Sister's TiVo so we could watch it there. Man the UI is slow and horrible, the video quality was terrible and there were several points where the audio and video drifted out of sync. I suffered through that one episode, but told her we'd need to watch the remaining episodes on the weekend at my house.

I only had Netflix for a couple months back when I had a S3. I had forgotten how bad the app really was. The one on my new Roamio is great. Much easier to use and full 1080p/24 quality.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

It has Hulu. It does not currently have PlayOn or any DLNA player, but they are supose to be releasing an app store for the Roamio in November.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote