TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 212 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #331
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rks View Post
An update.... It turns out that my firmware does not have the 5 tuner problem, I in fact do see all 6 tuners, and can record across all of them at the same time. I was looking at the info screen wrong. I thought the the multi-circle icon showed all my available tuners, but it dawned on me that i have those 5 plus the one I'm on.
Just so you know, the issue isn't that people can't see all 6 tuners, the issue is that only 4 or 5 tuners can decrypt protected channels at the same time.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #332
MyITGuy

Looks like I just got hit with this issue tonight when my Tivo didn't record Dexter or Donovan. Looked like it was recording, but when I went to watch Dexter it wasn't in my show list, and the history stated not authorized.

Tuning to live TV just showed a black screen.

Looks like I'm on firmware ending in 2401, in Comcast (Miami, FL). Is this issue still being worked on, or should I go back to post 212 and obtain the information being requested?
MyITGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #333
DigitalDawn

I believe that you need firmware 2801 or higher. I'm in Palm Beach Country, and we're still waiting for Comcast to update our cards. Supposedly this will happen sometime in October.

You also need to reduce your tuners to 4 until the system is updated.

While viewing the Channel List screen, enter one of the following number sequences on your Roamio remote control to set the maximum number of usable tuners:

88634 (the Roamio will use four tuners)
88636 (the Roamio will use six tuners)

You should hear "dings" representing the newly configured tuner count. Once your CableCARD has the appropriate firmware version, switch back to six tuners.

*** BTW the final Dexter was great. :-)
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #334
profet

Cablevision NDS card issue update!

I previously (1 week ago) submitted a complaint about the NDS cards and cablevision to the FCC.

Today I got a phone call from cablevision about the FCC complaint and they explained that they are currently rolling out new firmware for NDS cards and I should have it by the end of this week or early next week.
profet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #335
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by profet View Post
Cablevision NDS card issue update! I previously (1 week ago) submitted a complaint about the NDS cards and cablevision to the FCC. Today I got a phone call from cablevision about the FCC complaint and they explained that they are currently rolling out new firmware for NDS cards and I should have it by the end of this week or early next week.
this is exciting if it actually happens
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #336
ACDCfn

I have Cablevision and cisco card with OS- PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1601. Of course predictably it is causing havoc with my Roamio Plus and more so with Tivo Mini in another room. Any time mini randomly assigns tuner 5 or 6 i get the v58 or v53 error. I have limitied Roamio to 4 tuners for now as a work around but I just spent $1200 to upgrade from my 4 tuner Premiere to Roamio Plus and Tivo Mini both with Lifetime subscription and now this upgrade seems like a huge waste of $1200 courtesy of Cablevision non compliance with FCC. Since it seems they now have a beta version of 1.5.3 does anyone have a phone number at cablevision to have them push it to my card? I've spoke to every I could at Cablevision to no avail so far and also emailed Margaret from this thread. Really don't want to wait for another week or two or more to get the update.
ACDCfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #337
NJguy

Quote:
Cablevision NDS card issue update!

I previously (1 week ago) submitted a complaint about the NDS cards and cablevision to the FCC.

Today I got a phone call from cablevision about the FCC complaint and they explained that they are currently rolling out new firmware for NDS cards and I should have it by the end of this week or early next week.
I hope you are not joking about this and while it seems like good news I won't hold my breath for this to happen. With Cablevision "end of this week or early next week" could mean sometime between October and December. I look forward to us posting some GOOD NEWS about this update sooner rather than later.

I've filed multiple complaints with Cablevision and didn't receive the call you did.
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #338
profet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJguy View Post
I hope you are not joking about this and while it seems like good news I won't hold my breath for this to happen. With Cablevision "end of this week or early next week" could mean sometime between October and December. I look forward to us posting some GOOD NEWS about this update sooner rather than later.

I've filed multiple complaints with Cablevision and didn't receive the call you did.
This wasn't a complaint with Cablevision. This was a complaint with the FCC about Cablevision that Cablevision responded to.

Have you filed a complaint with the FCC yet? If not, please do!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #339
NJguy

Quote:
This wasn't a complaint with Cablevision. This was a complaint with the FCC about Cablevision that Cablevision responded to.

Have you filed a complaint with the FCC yet? If not, please do!
Ooooooh. Sorry about that. Now I get it. I will file the complaint with the FCC too. You have a link to go to do this?

***EDIT*** Just filed

Last edited by NJguy : 09-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #340
profet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJguy View Post
Ooooooh. Sorry about that. Now I get it. I will file the complaint with the FCC too. You have a link to go to do this?
http://www.fcc.gov/complaints
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #341
Jobeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDCfn View Post
I've spoke to every I could at Cablevision to no avail so far and also emailed Margaret from this thread. Really don't want to wait for another week or two or more to get the update.
You gotta go through Margret for this... I emailed her recently and was pushed the update in less than 24 hours.
Jobeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #342
NJChris
Moogs!

Got my Cablevision firmware update for my cablecard. Thanks TivoMargaret!

Seems to be working on all 6 tuners now.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #343
I WANT MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Midcontinent Communications? Anyone have them as a provider and able to use all 6 tuners?
Sorry to bump this, but anyone??
I WANT MORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #344
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with Midcontinent Communications? Anyone have them as a provider and able to use all 6 tuners?
Quote:
Sorry to bump this, but anyone??
Do you already have a CableCARD in another device? Even a cable provided STB or DVR?

You can look at the Diagnostic Menu of any STB/DVR and see what the CableCARD firmware is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #345
I WANT MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Do you already have a CableCARD in another device? Even a cable provided STB or DVR?

You can look at the Diagnostic Menu of any STB/DVR and see what the CableCARD firmware is.
FW 2.65
FW* 6.25
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #346
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
FW 2.65
FW* 6.25
Others have confirmed those Motorola firmwares do support 6 tuners

One issue though may be the CableCARD Part# should be greater than 514517-01x-00, Part# 514517-012-00 should be sufficient. except for FiOS which seems to need 514517-017-00

Old 09-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #347
I WANT MORE

Quote:
Others have confirmed those Motorola firmwares do support 6 tuners

One issue though may be the CableCARD Part# should be greater than 514517-01x-00, Part# 514517-012-00 should be sufficient. except for FiOS which seems to need 514517-017-00
Not finding that on the card or in the menu.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #348
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Not finding that on the card or in the menu.
Part# should be the last item on the back of the CableCARD: second set of digits should be 012, 013, 015, 017

Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #349
RustySTL

Anyone have an issue with only 2 tuners working?

I called Charter to have my old card from my TiVoHD paired to the new Roamio and was still only receiving 2 tuners. They of course told me to call TiVo and they said that my card still wasn't authorized correctly but I should at least have 4 tuners working. They then told me to return my TiVo because it was defective.

I called Charter back and they said they'll have a tech out today to check it out. I'll fill everyone in as to what happens.

I have the 02.65 firmware on my Motorola card in case anyone is wondering.
RustySTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #350
I WANT MORE

Quote:
Part# should be the last item on the back of the CableCARD: second set of digits should be 012, 013, 015, 017

Guess I should have looked a little closer.
514517-006-00
Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #351
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Guess I should have looked a little closer.
514517-006-00
514517-006-00 does not work with FiOS and Copy Protection, I would try to get a newer card from your provider. Do they have a Walk-In center? Try to get a 514517-012-00 or newer.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #352
I WANT MORE

Quote:
514517-006-00 does not work with FiOS and Copy Protection, I would try to get a newer card from your provider. Do they have a Walk-In center? Try to get a 514517-012-00 or newer.
I don't have FIOS. They do have a walk-in center. I could check with them. My Roamio is supposed to arrive on Friday so I have some time.
Just want to make sure I have everything I need ahead of time.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #353
joelw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
Joel,

Did you ever drop your Roamio down to 4 or 5 tuners as the the instructions in this thread? Also you say it's all tuners, but did you check which tuner it is from the cablecard/diagnostic screens? If you are just going off of the order that shows in the info >> multi tuner tab, the positioning is not accurate to = the tuner #.

How much longer do you have on the return period? It does look the update is coming soon, which I will speka to in my next post.
I've been away for a while, and haven't checked these boards. This is happening even when I dropped down to four tuners. I noticed something strange, though. If I go to settings> cable card diagnostics, then "test channels", the dropped channels almost always test OK. Most of the time, if I then go back to live TV, the dropped channels are working. Not always, but most of the time. This is a pain to constantly do, and, of course, if I have a planned recording on a dropped channel, it won't record. I still have a few days to return it to BB, so I'll see what develops.
joelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #354
joelw

Quote:
Thank you for this. I never thought to go to the FCC, and just filed a complaint online. We'll see if this helps.
joelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #355
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
Got my Cablevision firmware update for my cablecard. Thanks TivoMargaret!

Seems to be working on all 6 tuners now.
GREAT NEWS NJChris! Excited you've got it all working now.

In thanking TivoMargarete, what did she do to help? Did you contact her directly? I would imagine she couldn't push a firmware update to your cable card.

Are you using an NDS card from Cablevision? I am very close to your location but with a different Cablevision provider so I'm not sure if you're using NDS or Cisco card.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #356
gweempose

I never paid attention to this thread until today. What is the best way to test my Pro to make sure I don't have this problem? I just attempted to record 6 different premium stations at once, and it seems like they are all recording fine. Every recording has both audio and video. Does this mean I am in the clear?
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #357
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I never paid attention to this thread until today. What is the best way to test my Pro to make sure I don't have this problem? I just attempted to record 6 different premium stations at once, and it seems like they are all recording fine. Every recording has both audio and video. Does this mean I am in the clear?
Kinda have to just read through the thread. There were some things that were suggested in posts (don't quote me) 41 and 121 or so with regards to the V58 message and brining tuners down to 5 or 4 with some work arounds. Depending on the cable company and cablecard you could be just fine. My guess is that if you've had this for the month and haven't had an issue all is probably ok.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #358
ACDCfn

TiVoMargret,

In case you still follow this thread I sent you my info yesterday and Cablevision still hasn't pushed an update yet. Also filed FCC complaint and continue to wait unable to enjoy all 6 tuners on Roamio plus and TivoMini...
ACDCfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #359
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyITGuy View Post
Looks like I just got hit with this issue tonight when my Tivo didn't record Dexter or Donovan. Looked like it was recording, but when I went to watch Dexter it wasn't in my show list, and the history stated not authorized.

Tuning to live TV just showed a black screen.

Looks like I'm on firmware ending in 2401, in Comcast (Miami, FL). Is this issue still being worked on, or should I go back to post 212 and obtain the information being requested?
I had the same issue. had Ray Donovan scheduled to record. Recorded fine last week. This week it only recorded the first 2:51 of the show and then stopped. WTF? What gives? I'm already down to 4 tuners on Cablevision in NY/NJ so I don't know why this would have happened.

I didn't really notice it until last night when I went to watch it.

***EDIT*** I set Tivo to record a repeat episode of Ray Donavan last night and it recorded just fine. So What gives? Anyone have an idea?

Last edited by NJguy : 09-24-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #360
NJguy

I know the old saying....A watched pot never boils.....but ugh already. Still on NDS Card OS Ver: VGUARD3.0.7_F.p.0501 with build time of March, 3, 2011. Please update this Cablevision.

profet, how long was it before you heard back from Cablevision after your FCC filing?