TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
ihtc

Tivo roamio time Warner nyc tuning adapter

I just changed from a premiere to a roamio base model. When I called time Warner to pair my Cable card we had issues seeing EMM I have i believe it was. I was then told to unhook my tuning adapter. The lady told me someone else had similar issue with a roamio. Without the tuning adapter everything is going now fine. We tested several switched video channels and all works. I I found it strange and so did the cable card support rep. But this is now two cases of this she said. I figured I'd share and get the tivo community input.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
ihtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihtc View Post
I just changed from a premiere to a roamio base model. When I called time Warner to pair my Cable card we had issues seeing EMM I have i believe it was. I was then told to unhook my tuning adapter. The lady told me someone else had similar issue with a roamio. Without the tuning adapter everything is going now fine. We tested several switched video channels and all works. I I found it strange and so did the cable card support rep. But this is now two cases of this she said. I figured I'd share and get the tivo community input.
Have you restarted the Roamio yet? I would guess that the Roamio still has the channel map from before u disconnected the TA. And whatever sdv channels u tried were already available on the network.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
ihtc

Yea I haven't tested a reboot yet . See we had to disconnect the TA in order to even get the TiVo to work . Possible time warmer will have to get a new tinder adapter or firmware update or maybe. TiVo needs to update . I'm tempted to leave all alone since it's working now and the mini is up and running well too now. Sadly as many TiVo owners know setup can be a pain because of these cable cards and companies .when I do reboot I'll update here too in case others have a similar situation .
ihtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
RustySTL

I had the same issue. Tivo says it's a known issue, no eta on a fix though. I haven't restarted it yet, but I only had 2 tuners working, now all 6 work. We'll see what happens after restarting.
I have a Motorola MTR700 TA.
RustySTL is offline   Reply With Quote