TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Shagger

Can transfer from Premiere to PC, but Premiere doesn't see my PC

Got some weirdness here. I have Tivo desktop software that can transfer a file from my Premiere to my PC for editing, whatever. So I know that they are talking to each other. However, for some bizarre reason, my Premiere cannot see my PC in the network. I cannot recall specifically when it stopped working, but my Streambaby doesn't work now either. Any ideas of things I can check?
Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
unitron

If you have not already done so, give everything on your network that doesn't leave the house a fixed IP address and then reboot everything.

Can't hurt, might help, has done so for others previously.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Have you made any changes to your PC ecosystem (i.e. new router, firewall, security software, etc.)?

Do you have a little Tivo guy icon in your PC's system tray and/or does it have a red X on top of it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
RusRus

Open your Tivo Desktop, click on services, click on Tivo server properties and change the IP address to your ethernet one.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Have you made any changes to your PC ecosystem (i.e. new router, firewall, security software, etc.)?

Do you have a little Tivo guy icon in your PC's system tray and/or does it have a red X on top of it?
I have the little Tivo guy in the systray, and can easily transfer from Tivo to my PC. For whatever reason my PC cannot be seen in the My Shows menu! It's maddening, and Tivo Support is NO help. Two 45 minute calls later, I am no closer to any solution.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRus View Post
Open your Tivo Desktop, click on services, click on Tivo server properties and change the IP address to your ethernet one.
Both the IP address of the computer and the one in the Tivo Desktop are the same.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
If you have not already done so, give everything on your network that doesn't leave the house a fixed IP address and then reboot everything.

Can't hurt, might help, has done so for others previously.
Gave the Tivo a fixed IP address, but no luck. Interestingly, in my routers, DHCP client list, I don't see the Tivo, BUT in the list of ACTIVE clients, I see the Tivo. It's not named however, the host name is a "*"?!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tivo1.jpg (32.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tivo2.jpg (36.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
windracer
joined the 10k club

Have you tried rebooting the TiVo?

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #9
cmshep222

Had this same issue. I had recently moved my PC connection onto a switch. Once I put my PC Ethernet connection directly back on the router, my Tivo could once again see my PC just fine.
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #10
steve614
what ru lookin at?

One other thing to try.
In Tivo Desktop, open the Tivo Server Properties and click on the 'Network' tab and switch the discovery protocol.
That is, if you are using Bonjour, switch to using TiVo Beacon or vise-versa.
For me, TiVo Beacon has been much more reliable than Bonjour.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Have you tried rebooting the TiVo?
I have endured that 15 minute trial, many, many times...
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmshep222 View Post
Had this same issue. I had recently moved my PC connection onto a switch. Once I put my PC Ethernet connection directly back on the router, my Tivo could once again see my PC just fine.
Hmmm, My PC was never on a switch, per se, but maybe sorta. My home network went like this: Cable modem to wired Belkin 8-port router, to Buffalo wireless router (used as a wireless access point) to my PC. I have recently moved all that mess to a single D-link (running DD-WRT) 8-port wireless router. Perhaps my issue is similar? But if ALL my home network (including Tivo) is wired into my 8 ports on my wireless router then all devices should see all devices. Like I say, I have transferred multiple shows to the PC from the Tivo and can ping the Tivo easily at the command line.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
One other thing to try.
In Tivo Desktop, open the Tivo Server Properties and click on the 'Network' tab and switch the discovery protocol.
That is, if you are using Bonjour, switch to using TiVo Beacon or vise-versa.
For me, TiVo Beacon has been much more reliable than Bonjour.
I have indeed flipped the discovery protocol from Bonjour to Beacon and rebooted Tivo and PC. I can't recall if I rebooted the router.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Shagger

Truth be told I could give a care about the Tivo Desktop, I really want Streambaby or pyTivo to begin working again. But I cannot get the Tivo to see the PC for the life of me.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
windracer
joined the 10k club

Like steve614 mentioned, do you have any anti-virus or firewall software on your PC that might be blocking the TiVo from seeing the TiVo Desktop services?

Also, in TiVo Desktop under Services > TiVo Server Properties > Access Control, what setting are you using?

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
cmshep222

For a test...try the Tivo and PC on the same "wired" router. If The tivo sees the PC...then you can at least know the root cause. This is what I would do first.

My two cents.
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
SNJpage1

The times it happened to me the Bonjour service had stopped. I had to go into windows control panel, administrative tools, component services, services, then scrool down to Bonjour and then restart it.