TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
gweempose

Premiere stops responding to remote commands while streaming ...

On two recent occasions, my Premiere XL completely stopped responding to remote commands while I was streaming a show from one of my other boxes. Once the show ended, I was then able to once again control the machine normally. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
kpepling

I have. I found that I didn't run into the problem if I pulled up the title of the show and just pressed play but if I went into the description it was definitely more likely to happen.
kpepling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpepling View Post

I have. I found that I didn't run into the problem if I pulled up the title of the show and just pressed play but if I went into the description it was definitely more likely to happen.
Interesting. I'll have to give that a try next time. Do you recall what model you were streaming from when the lockup occurred? I believe it happened to me when streaming from both a Premiere XL and a Roamio Pro.
(3) Minis

Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
kpepling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Interesting. I'll have to give that a try next time. Do you recall what model you were streaming from when the lockup occurred? I believe it happened to me when streaming from both a Premiere XL and a Roamio Pro.
I was streaming from my elite to my regular premiere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
kpepling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
e_identity

me2-with Netflix

This happened to me while streaming a program using Netflix. No response to remote commands like pause, play, backarrow, etc..... Finally, I pressed the <tivo> button, and the unit responded to that. Overall, this was annoying because I really wanted to pause play, not shut down Netflix. This was on a two tuner premiere about a week ago. I haven't tried it since.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
gweempose

Unfortunately, it's happened to me a couple more times now. In both cases, I had to unplug the TiVo. It would not recognize any remote commands at all, including the TiVo button. This is getting very frustrating.
(3) Minis

Old 09-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Unfortunately, it's happened to me a couple more times now. In both cases, I had to unplug the TiVo. It would not recognize any remote commands at all, including the TiVo button. This is getting very frustrating.
Have you tried using the Tivo app on android or ios when this happens? I've found that the majority of the time, when my Premiere freezes and won't accept commands from the ir remote, the app will at least allow me to exit the frozen state w/o having to pull the plug by allowing me to get to the home screen via the app's tivo button or by choosing a recording and playing it. It's not a solution, but it is a whole lot quicker and easier than pulling the plug and waiting for it to restart.