Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #331
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Check in on Huell.

Huell Waits
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Along the same lines, this video is called: "Breaking Bad Episode 514 Ozymandias Leak"

Breaking Bad Episode 514 Ozymandias Leak
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Contains no spoilers for future episodes.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #332
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Wow....you guys have WAAAAAAY too much time on your hands...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #333
danterner
Not it!

I liked both of those!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #334
Hank
AC•FTW

I haven't listened to this yet, but you can bet I will..

Listen to the Director’s Commentary for Breaking Bad’s “Ozymandias”
Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #335
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I haven't listened to this yet, but you can bet I will..

Listen to the Director’s Commentary for Breaking Bad’s “Ozymandias”
Oh, thank you!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #336
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Rian Johnson (the director) was also on the official podcast for this episode along with Vince and the writers. It was very informative, as usual.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #337
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Rian Johnson (the director) was also on the official podcast for this episode along with Vince and the writers. It was very informative, as usual.
If they could just stop talking about how wonderful everyone is and how great everyone is and how amazing everyone is...Jesus...it's like 1.5 hours of podcast that can be cut down to a good half an hour if they would just stop sucking each other's...um...thumb...
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #338
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
If they could just stop talking about how wonderful everyone is and how great everyone is and how amazing everyone is...Jesus...it's like 1.5 hours of podcast that can be cut down to a good half an hour if they would just stop sucking each other's...um...thumb...
I agree, the podcast has interesting moments but there really is such a large amount of bs that it's hard to get through it.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #339
DougF

Finally got to watch last night and....wow. That was the fastest hour ever. A couple of comments.

Kudos to the show for killing Hank so early. Others would have dragged it out for the whole hour to help Dean Norris get his Emmy nom. I'm glad they put the story first.

The phone call. Good stuff. I caught on pretty quickly. His demeanor, tone of voice, word choice, everything was just off. I looked at my wife and said "He's giving her an out".

Awesome hour of TV.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #340
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The second to last episode is being aired on my birthday!!!

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #341
getreal
postcrastinator

Nice video clip on Funny or Die about what's next for Hank on BB.

Last edited by getreal : 09-20-2013 at 06:08 PM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #342
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Nice video clip on Funny or Die about what's next for Hank on BB.
Thanks for posting that - I was amused
| Twitter:
Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #343
JohnB1000

Then there is Dean Norris Spoils The End of Breaking Bad (of course he doesn't really)

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636...s-breaking-bad
Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #344
ADent

Quote:
I really liked how they made it realistic as possible when Walt was backing out of the driveway with Skyler's car behind him. It's not easy to just push a car in "PARK" and he really floored it to force it out of the way. For a rusty, old, beat up pick-up truck he bought in the desert, it sure had some mad horsepower and good tires!

Hmmm. on second thought, I don't know what kind of car Skyler has, but I would have guessed it would have been a front-wheel drive car, so the front wheels/transmission should also have been locked-up (in "PARK") as well as the rear wheels that must have had the e-brake engaged. Unless it was a RWD car, then it works to have the rear wheels locked and the front wheels spinning freely. Either way, it was still an awesome scene.
Yeah, I was thinking it was lucky he picked up a hot rod pickup with limited slip rear end.

The Edge was shown with the parking brake on, but parked in neutral since the rear wheels did not spin but the fronts did on the Ford.

Most cars have rear wheel parking brakes.

ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #345
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Oh. Was I the only one that saw that the gas was leaking when they showed Jesse Pinkman hiding under the car?

I knew. Walt didn't.

Do a movie theater thing:
WALT! O' MAN! I TOL' YOU DAT THE GAS TANK WAS LEAKING!
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #346
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Get comments and notes here everyone. I haven't been on Now Playing in a while but this episode deserves it. I too didn't realize Walt was taking the fall with his phone call to Skylar, although it seemed fishy to me and it wasn't a typical Walt moment, I was thrown off and couldn't quite pinpoint it. Thanks, I went back and watched it and saw the understanding in Skylar's face. Bravo.

Anyhow, all the events in the last few episodes got me thinking about Walt's character. Is he inherently good? Evil? Neutral? Or where does he fall on the character scale? I dug up these two images. I'm curious what you all think where he falls. I like the second one as we see every aspect of his nature.

Oh, and I'm team Walt.
audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #347
Hank
AC•FTW

Yeah, that first image doesn't really make much logical sense. The second one is spot on.

I'm also back on Team Walt. He might lose his family and his money, but somehow, I want to see him "get away" with it all. But I doubt that will happen.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #348
gweempose

Quote:

I'm also back on Team Walt. He might lose his family and his money, but somehow, I want to see him "get away" with it all. But I doubt that will happen.
We have no way of knowing how much time will pass before he comes back to town. It may be a while, in which case his cancer could have substantially progressed. If he is truly dying, then he really doesn't have much to lose. He might as well go out in a blaze of glory.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #349
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

One thing that hit me with Walt:

If he's now invisible far away with the new life and ID. Before he comes back for whatever mission, how does he get the news that Jesse needs saving or the Ayrans need killing? It's not like they would have his phone number.

My guess is that Walt decides to get the rest of his barrels from Uncle Jack so he can leave his family something (more) after he dies, although there's no easy way to put the money aside for them without having it confiscated.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 09-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #350
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Before he come back for whatever mission, how does he get the news that Jesse needs saving or the Ayrans need killing? It's not like they would have his phone number.
Better call Saul!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #351
jamesl

Quote:
My guess is that Walt decides to get the rest of his barrels from Uncle Jack so he can leave his family something (more) after he dies...
but his family is dead ..
oh wait I guess I should have put that in a spoiler tag
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #352
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Probably fake but funny nonetheless. http://twitchy.com/2013/09/20/relax-...e-or-are-they/
Old 09-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #353
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
We have no way of knowing how much time will pass before he comes back to town. It may be a while, in which case his cancer could have substantially progressed. If he is truly dying, then he really doesn't have much to lose. He might as well go out in a blaze of glory.
Don't we? When he picks up the car and gun from Jim Beaver at the Denny's, it's his 52nd birthday. And we know the events currently are maybe a month or two after his 51st, right? So we know that he's vanished for about (but a bit less than) a year before he returns.
| Twitter:
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #354
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Don't we? When he picks up the car and gun from Jim Beaver at the Denny's, it's his 52nd birthday. And we know the events currently are maybe a month or two after his 51st, right? So we know that he's vanished for about (but a bit less than) a year before he returns.
No way. The 51st birthday happened last season before the whole "Crystal Blue Persuasion" montage. Walt earned that whole $80 million after his 51st birthday. And then he retired for at least a month before Hank found out.

Also, in this last episode, they said Holly was 18 months old, and she wasn't born at the beginning of the series. So there's probably only a couple months left until his 52nd birthday.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #355
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Probably fake but funny nonetheless. http://twitchy.com/2013/09/20/relax-...e-or-are-they/
LOL at #3 in the pic
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #356
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
One thing that hit me with Walt:

If he's now invisible far away with the new life and ID. Before he comes back for whatever mission, how does he get the news that Jesse needs saving or the Ayrans need killing?
Walt/Heisenberg WANTS Jesse dead. Jesse's betrayal lead to Hank's death, which Walt wanted to avoid at all costs ($80m, though Uncle Jack left him $11m), and led to the final destruction of his family.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #357
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
With the level of security on this show, there's no way those are real. Maybe Jimmy Kimmel is up to another one of his internet hoaxes ...

Twerk fail hoax

Old 09-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #358
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
But...but...but...Marie's
Spoiler:
prison jumpsuit
isn't purple!!
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #359
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
OK, all this talk about Walt's 52nd birthday and all (e.g. "why would his new identity have the same birthday") - we're rewatching the series and watched S05aE01 last night: You never actually see his DL to be able to verify the date, so we don't even know when this is with certainty. He could have chosen a birthdate 6 months offset from his real one. Shoot, he could have made himself a year younger and this "52nd birthday" at Denny's could be almost 2 years after the happenings of the episodes aired to date.

Just sayin'...

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #360
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Here's an interesting article showing what all has happened during the timeframe of the show:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/enter...onology/68987/

I didn't see any spoilers.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote