Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Breaking Bad Marathon on AMC starts Wednesday

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/amcs-...wednesday.html

All 70(?) episodes, concluding with the series finale Sunday at 9 Eastern.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Outstanding...this is a series I've wanted my wife to get hooked on, and now's the chance...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
HoosierFan
Poker nut

It's a great show, but that would be tough to manage 50+ hours of watching time in a few days.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
dwatt

Time to make room on the Tivo or change season pass to first run only.
dwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Nah...I'm stockpiling them to watch over the winter with the wife...
Old 09-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/amcs-...wednesday.html

All 70(?) episodes, concluding with the series finale Sunday at 9 Eastern.
Yeah, bitch!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
janry

Thank goodness! I started recording them to save for my personal marathon during the last televised marathon but I only started mid-way through season 3. Then I started season one on sundance but it is not HiDef here. Now I can get season 1, 2 and the first part of season 3 in HiDef and go on a binge.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatt View Post
Time to make room on the Tivo or change season pass to first run only.
Why would your SP not be First Run Only?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Why would your SP not be First Run Only?
To pickup past episode marathons/re-runs. That's how I got caught up on Breaking Bad initially. I didn't start until like season 4. I setup a season pass to pull in old episodes AMC was airing prior to the start of a new season so I could record the first three seasons, plus get season 4. Once season 4 aired. I switched.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
To pickup past episode marathons/re-runs. That's how I got caught up on Breaking Bad initially. I didn't start until like season 4. I setup a season pass to pull in old episodes AMC was airing prior to the start of a new season so I could record the first three seasons, plus get season 4. Once season 4 aired. I switched.
Yeah, I get that. I do the same. But I got the impression dwatt was a regular viewer, hence my "why not FRO" question.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Yeah, I get that. I do the same. But I got the impression dwatt was a regular viewer, hence my "why not FRO" question.
he may not have been a regular viewer some S1E1

I wasn't.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
mr.unnatural

Already have every episode on my server, but thanks for the heads up.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I think I am gonna spring for the full series boxed set

Show is just too awesome.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I think I am gonna spring for the full series boxed set

Show is just too awesome.
Yeah, I'll grab the BDs when they're released...or when the price comes down a bit some time after they're released
Old 09-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
dwatt

Quote:
I started like jsmeeker but never made the switch after catching up. Plus it is nice to find some old episodes on the TiVo once in a while to rewatch. But 70 episodes is a bit much and will likely force the deletion of other recordings saved to watch later.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
dwatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yeah, I'll grab the BDs when they're released...or when the price comes down a bit some time after they're released
But will they still come in a barrel case at that lower price?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
gigaguy

newbie - how do I set it to record the marathon, starting with S01E01, in HD. I see it listed on several channels, SD and HD, and other shows before Wed.
The marathon shows are not listed as NEW.
also- is there a way to set a default of 'Keep Until I delete' for all recordings.
thanks.
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
mr.unnatural

I stopped buying anything on disc ages ago. I've still got DVDs in shrink wrap that have been sitting on the shelf for 7 or 8 years at least. Now I just rent movies on Blu-Ray that I want to watch and record everything else or get it via torrentz. If it's something I really want to keep, I'll buy a hard copy, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I barely have time to watch shows the first time around let along multiple viewings.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
gigaguy

Yes, I don't quite get why people collect pre-recorded media in formats that will all become obsolete. I know people with closets full of pre-recorded VHS movies. I used rented Laserdiscs, Beta VCRs, cassettes, 8track, Hi-8mm, Minidiscs -but only to do my own recordings.

I stopped collecting prerecorded media after LP records. Never collected many CDs, DVDs, don't even have BluRay.
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatt View Post
But will they still come in a barrel case at that lower price?
What "lower price"?

And, in response to the questions about BD (or other formats), I have DVDs that I've had for years that I still watch. And the BD home theater experience simply cannot be matched with online services or even with rentals (since most BD rentals now are NOT the same as the retail disc)...
Old 09-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #21
MacThor
Not Pictured

I hope they are unedited. My wife and I got caught up on the entire series through the "Midnight Badness" marathon AMC started a few months ago. I loved the 5 episode-a-week format, since we could keep up the pace without overtaxing our old school, un-modded DVR. Plus, I could check out the old show threads as I went along.

I couldn't understand why AMC was cutting scenes from a show originally aired on AMC, especially since they were re-running them in the middle of the night. I know there were a few much-discussed character development scenes from Season 1 that were not included in the re-airing.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
newbie - how do I set it to record the marathon, starting with S01E01, in HD. I see it listed on several channels, SD and HD, and other shows before Wed.
The marathon shows are not listed as NEW.
also- is there a way to set a default of 'Keep Until I delete' for all recordings.
thanks.
Some of that depends on your equipment as far as the HD versus SD stuff. I know this is a TiVo forum, but I believe a lot of us also have DirecTV or Dish or cableco DVRs as well.

You would want to set it to record everything, or First Run & Repeats (Both) and there should be a setting in the recording options to keep until you delete. You will want to make sure you don't specify a certain number of episodes (set it to "All", I think).

On DirecTV there is an option to HIDE SD when there is an equivalent HD channel. Not sure how any of that works with other systems.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
dwatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
What "lower price"?

And, in response to the questions about BD (or other formats), I have DVDs that I've had for years that I still watch. And the BD home theater experience simply cannot be matched with online services or even with rentals (since most BD rentals now are NOT the same as the retail disc)...
I took it that you meant after the initial release when they usually offer a stripped down version with out all of the extras and for a lower price. But you meant the original release just at a "sale" price.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #24
Worf

I will admit to having just got into BB, and I will also admit that if I saw it week by week, I probably would've lost interest a long time back - there were some sloooow episodes.

But all at once in a marathon? Wow. it's amazing.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
nyc13

Does nobody have Netflix? That's how I've watched every episode of this show (well, except for this season, which I had to get from Amazon).

Even so, my personal record for one sitting is probably about five episodes (and I usually had to re-watch the last one of the night whenever I did that).
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #26
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Heh, Netflix.

I am watching along with my husband- he's never seen the series and with him we're in season 2.
I'm also doing a rewatch on my own and I'm in season 4 right now.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
Worf

I borrowed my friend's Netflix account. I finished season 5 and need to start season 5.5...

Probably 3-4 episodes at a time for me, but still, some episodes were dragging (even though they usually set up future episodes). But I can't imagine watching it one episode a week for 8 weeks and then a huge pause.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #28
crowfan
The Dude abides

I'm nearing the end of Season 4 via Netflix. This is my first time watching the show. It is amazing.

I am so afraid of being spoiled when then last few episodes air. Between Facebook, Twitter, newspapers, etc., it seems impossible to avoid. I will try. I don't think I'll be able to watch it all in time.

crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
nyc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowfan View Post
I'm nearing the end of Season 4 via Netflix. This is my first time watching the show. It is amazing.

I am so afraid of being spoiled when then last few episodes air. Between Facebook, Twitter, newspapers, etc., it seems impossible to avoid. I will try. I don't think I'll be able to watch it all in time.
That was me a short while ago. I kicked it in to high gear when I started hearing about the last season. Now I'm completely caught up (watched the most recent one on Amazon last night). And I'm worried about being spoiled in the half-day I think I'll need to wait for Amazon. If by some miracle Amazon puts it up Sunday night, I might be staying up late to watch it.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
crowfan
The Dude abides

I'm certainly going to *try* to finish it in time.

crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote