TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #211
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
BTW, when I asked what the issue was the answer I got was "we didn't do anything"... I wrote back basically saying I didn't believe that; no response, they closed the case. So, who knows, maybe something with transferring boxes or processing RMAs somehow fixed my account, maybe whoever really fixed it couldn't be arsed to add any notes to the case, maybe it was a benevolent alpha particle.

I don't really care - my Minis are working and now I can get on with "normal" Mini owner problems like wanting to configure the timeout or be able to use Netflix. All my refunds are processed, I sold my Moxis (for 80% of what I paid new 3 years ago, FWIW), and I'm generally happy.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #212
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Your avatar pic fits perfectly with that statement.
It should be TiVo's new corporate logo.
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #213
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
BTW, someone from TiVo contacted me privately with an explanation, which I thought was very cool. It turns out it was indeed related to the Xfinity On Demand stuff I speculated about here.. So, it's certainly nice to get a little closure on that, and if anyone else runs into the same issue hopefully they'll see this and be able to get the problem resolved.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #214
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_j_derr View Post
BTW, someone from TiVo contacted me privately with an explanation, which I thought was very cool. It turns out it was indeed related to the Xfinity On Demand stuff I speculated about here.. So, it's certainly nice to get a little closure on that, and if anyone else runs into the same issue hopefully they'll see this and be able to get the problem resolved.
Thanks for the update! Seems to clarify that the issue was a backend accounting snafu which is good from the perspective that they were able to isolate and figure out the problem.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #215
mike123abc

I ordered a TiVo XL4 and a mini. The mini would not connect. They blamed the ethernet so I connected via MoCA and it still failed. I read through this thread so was dreading the struggle. I was getting the V70 screen.

I went on the XL4 and under the help menus it could see the mini. I did the login trick with the MAK with both the mini and the XL4 and they had the same MAK key and both were obviously talking on the network.

After a week and a call everyday to TiVo they finally agreed to send me a new mini to try out. It worked first try.
mike123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #216
aardwolf

I was having the same troubles (v70) last night. I went to TiVo's website and registered the TiVo Mini, since it wasn't showing up on my account. I also enabled 1 tuner from my TiVo Premiere 4 to be shared for the Mini.

I had to go somewhere, so I came back to it two hours later. It still wasn't working when I checked it out. I rebooted a couple of times... still no luck.

I took it upstairs to the same room as my other TiVo, and made sure it was plugged into the same hub. This time, it found it on the first attempt. Once I get the breakout cable delivered today for composite support, I can put it in the guest bedroom (it's final destination.) Hopefully it won't have any trouble connecting, now that I've made the initial connection.
aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #217
aardwolf

For the record, everything network related worked once I plugged it into the old TV in the guest bedroom (with the help of the breakout cables.)

It refuses to output stuff in 4:3, but I've got a ticket in with TiVo for that. They've acknowledged that it's a known issue, and they're "working on it".
aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #218
motech

I think I'm in the same boat w shared account and xfinity issue.
Any advice? I keep getting the red do not enters.
motech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #219
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motech View Post
I think I'm in the same boat w shared account and xfinity issue.
Any advice? I keep getting the red do not enters.
what do you mean shared account and xfinity?
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #220
tlwizard

I just set up my mini and was getting the same V70 error. I followed all the instructions (activating, setting up the tuner sharing, etc.) and it just would not work. Multiple reboots, etc. Found this thread, changed the name of my XL4, reconnected to Tivo, and the Mini picked it right up. Very strange. Would never have tried it without this thread. All in all, about an hour of work.
tlwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #221
Rose4uKY

Sorry I didn't want to read every page on here but I have been a Tivo fan every since the 1st single tuner SD Tivo. I now have 2 and my boyfriend has 1 on my account Series 3 HD Tivo's. Were moving to a condo and our cable company got bought out by Time Warner and I've been having phone and internet problems lately. We thought about going to Dish with the Hopper and Joey but it's a 2 year agreement.

I called Tivo and said do you have anything new? I had no idea about this mocha and Tivo Minis.. I know the Premiere has 4 tuners and a bigger HD than we what we have. So you can record 4 shows or 3 and watch one right? And if you watching a recorded show on one of the mini's can you still record 4 shows or 3? Is watching a recorded show on a mini which we would have 2 if we got the premiere does that mean if were both watching a show in another room on the mini it's using 2 tuners and we could only record 2 shows while watching minis? I read the beginning of this thread and was a little confused about that. And Tivo mentioned I would need a mocha for the Premiere and that the mini's have mocha built in but right now you get a free 50 dollar mocha when you buy a premiere. and then he mentioned that POE not sure what that is or does. He told me I forget.

So the minis basically you can go to any room and watch a recording or if you pause a recording in one room finish it in another right? To me it sounds like this Hopper and Joey setup from Dish who charges 12.99 fee on the main Hopper which is a 2 TB box and then 6.99 fees on each Joey.. Only difference is were stuck with a 2 year contract and with weather were not sure how often we will lose our signal but they give you the devices. With Tivo we would have to buy the premiere and the minis but I can sell my 3 Tivo's now to cover most of that. One of my Tivo's has a lifetime on it...

So everyone likes the Premiere and the mini setup? I am moving in 3 weeks and am just trying to decide which route to go. I haven't been here in a while but thought I would come here and read up on this mini. The streaming box seems cool too..

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #222
Bigg

I don't know what everyone's complaining about... my TiVo/Mini/MoCA setup has been almost flawless. The only time it fell apart was when I added a splitter downstairs in front of the Premiere, but a quick reboot of the Mini, and it was connected again with no issues. My MoCA goes through 3 splitters (up and back down 2-3-4 ways relative to the line coming in from the Comcast tap), and it seems rock solid.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #223
idovermani

Figure I'll throw my 2 cents in here since I had trouble with a Tivo Mini recognizing a Roamio Plus over Ethernet. My setup includes a FiOS router running through a Netgear Gigabit switch. Using this setup, the Mini was able to connect to the Internet but returned a V70 error as soon as it reached the step where it tried connecting to the host DVR (right after naming the box).

After a couple of calls in to Tivo, their suggestion was that both the Mini and the Roamio should be connected directly to the router (rather than a switch) which just isn't practical due to the distance. Instead of even attempting that I opted to connect the Roamio using Moca rather than Ethernet and the Mini located it immediately.

While I can't discount that connecting both directly to the router may have worked (I never tried it) I would doubt that is realistic for many users, especially in larger houses rather than apartments.

If you're having trouble connecting a Mini to a host (Roamio or an older model) and MoCa is an option for you, I highly recommend giving it a go.
idovermani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #224
TC25D

My Mini and Roamio Basic are connected to the same switch. Recognized each other right away.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #225
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idovermani View Post
Figure I'll throw my 2 cents in here since I had trouble with a Tivo Mini recognizing a Roamio Plus over Ethernet. My setup includes a FiOS router running through a Netgear Gigabit switch. Using this setup, the Mini was able to connect to the Internet but returned a V70 error as soon as it reached the step where it tried connecting to the host DVR (right after naming the box).

After a couple of calls in to Tivo, their suggestion was that both the Mini and the Roamio should be connected directly to the router (rather than a switch) which just isn't practical due to the distance. Instead of even attempting that I opted to connect the Roamio using Moca rather than Ethernet and the Mini located it immediately.

While I can't discount that connecting both directly to the router may have worked (I never tried it) I would doubt that is realistic for many users, especially in larger houses rather than apartments.

If you're having trouble connecting a Mini to a host (Roamio or an older model) and MoCa is an option for you, I highly recommend giving it a go.
It should have worked the way you had it set up. The most likely reason for a V70 error were the Mini can see the host TiVo but cannot connect to it, is that from the Mini point of view that TiVo is not authorized. Normally this can be fixed by forced connections from all devices and in some cases you can speed up a resolution by renaming the host TiVo, forcing a new connection, re-connecting from the Mini and then rebooting all the devices.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #226
idovermani

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
It should have worked the way you had it set up. The most likely reason for a V70 error were the Mini can see the host TiVo but cannot connect to it, is that from the Mini point of view that TiVo is not authorized. Normally this can be fixed by forced connections from all devices and in some cases you can speed up a resolution by renaming the host TiVo, forcing a new connection, re-connecting from the Mini and then rebooting all the devices.
I did every step you mentioned under the previous setup other than renaming the host Tivo. I may try reverting to Ethernet and trying the rename/reboot process since I'm experiencing a split-second pausin every 15-20 minutes on the Mini that I'm attributing to the speed of MoCa.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #227
wmhjr

Quote:
I did every step you mentioned under the previous setup other than renaming the host Tivo. I may try reverting to Ethernet and trying the rename/reboot process since I'm experiencing a split-second pausin every 15-20 minutes on the Mini that I'm attributing to the speed of MoCa.
While it is not consistent, I've experienced this as well with my minis - which are connected to two different XL4s via Ethernet.

Some days I get that exact behavior. Every 20 minutes or so (varies somewhat) the mini "pauses". Other days, this simply does not happen.
wmhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #228
jmpage2

Quote:
MoCA should give the same performance as ethernet. It definitely sounds like something is wrong though with something in your environment.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #229
idovermani

Quote:
MoCA should give the same performance as ethernet. It definitely sounds like something is wrong though with something in your environment.
I'm going to monitor it through the weekend so I can pinpoint the exact behavior and hopefully have a little more to go on. I'm hesitant to change the setup until I really know what is going on.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #230
Rose4uKY

We're using MoCa and our two minis quit working. We have one in each bedroom. Worked with our new Premiere which we returned after three weeks for the Roamio Plus. We get some network error.

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #231
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
We're using MoCa and our two minis quit working. We have one in each bedroom. Worked with our new Premiere which we returned after three weeks for the Roamio Plus. We get some network error.
Well try being more specific. You can see plenty of info that when migrating from XL4 to mini there are things you need to do. I even created an entire "how to" thread about this.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #232
Rose4uKY

Sorry I was out of town and using my phone and it was hard searching but he figured it out and it's working now... I don't think the Roamio was seeing the MoCa's..

Quote:
Well try being more specific. You can see plenty of info that when migrating from XL4 to mini there are things you need to do. I even created an entire "how to" thread about this.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #233
jhacker

V70 errors on new mini/roamio

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Installed brand new Roamio last week, and a new mini. Immediately got the v70 error. In my case, it's right after I "name" the mini and it just puts up a "TiVo DVR Not Found" error page without displaying any info on whether it even sees the roamio. I assume that's because it's the only Tivo box on the network.

Current state:
- Roamio working great
- Streaming to iPad working great
- Both the roamio and mini show as activated in my account, same account
- I've confirmed they can talk by sniffing the ethernet and seeing active connections between the two

I've tried everything in this thread:
- force connections, multiple times on the roamio
- rename the roamio, and mini
- check off/on the allow streaming @tivo.com
- purchased another mini from best buy, same result (first was from amazon)

Every time I call tivo, they tell me to wait 72 hours (even though it's been well over 72). Very frustrating. I really like the roamio, but without the mini it could be a no go. Any ideas?? Thanks!
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #234
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhacker View Post
Hi, I'm having the same issue. Installed brand new Roamio last week, and a new mini. Immediately got the v70 error. In my case, it's right after I "name" the mini and it just puts up a "TiVo DVR Not Found" error page without displaying any info on whether it even sees the roamio. I assume that's because it's the only Tivo box on the network.

Current state:
- Roamio working great
- I've confirmed they can talk by sniffing the ethernet and seeing active connections between the two

Every time I call tivo, they tell me to wait 72 hours (even though it's been well over 72). Very frustrating. I really like the roamio, but without the mini it could be a no go. Any ideas?? Thanks!
I connected 5 Minis to one Roamio Plus and it took me 5 to 6 days before all minis were working, I did many forced call homes, but now it works with all 5 Minis.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #235
djmike0408

Quote:

Current state:
- Roamio working great

I'm having the same problems and getting the same run around from Tivo support ... 'wait, we're working on the issue', but this issue has been going on for a month and I've sunk a boat load of $ into Tivo equipment and lifetime subscriptions to only have the Roamio working and none of my 4 Minis working with it!

- 4 Tivo Minis

- 4 Boxee Boxes

- 2 HTPCs
djmike0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #236
MisterWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike0408 View Post
I'm having the same problems and getting the same run around from Tivo support ... 'wait, we're working on the issue', but this issue has been going on for a month and I've sunk a boat load of $ into Tivo equipment and lifetime subscriptions to only have the Roamio working and none of my 4 Minis working with it!
Maybe this is a specific issue different from my experiences but I know that I could not get my new Roamio and Mini to keep a connection (Mini would not even register at first) until I replaced 1000 Mhz splitter with one that is 2400 Mhz. Also, I had to connect the host Roamio directly to my router rather than a switch it was initially connected to (not a "green" switch that is giving others problems, either). Connected to the switch, both units would loose connection to internet temporarily and the Mini would drop connection to the Roamio (fixed by going back to Tivo Central and trying again). I also separated my cable modem from the Moca side and terminated all open connectors with those screw on cap things for good measure.
MisterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #237
jhacker

Update

Tivo has acknowledged there is a "permission" issue with my minis on their end. They have escalated my ticket. Stay tuned..
Old 09-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #238
moyekj

Quote:
Tivo has acknowledged there is a "permission" issue with my minis on their end. They have escalated my ticket. Stay tuned..
You think they would have learned by now that this is 1st thing to check?? I just hate these secret account settings that we have no control or visibility over...
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #239
djmike0408

Quote:
They fixed the issue last night with a software update (posted in another thread listed below). HooRay!! I've got one Mini now up and running ... have to do the other three this weekend.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...55#post9823055

- 4 Tivo Minis

- 4 Boxee Boxes

- 2 HTPCs
djmike0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #240
jhacker

Success!

Just recycled power, and connection picked up the update. took about 30 mins to apply, all good now!