TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 166 votes, 4.98 average.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #271
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Just got the same email. I do have 1.5.2_1601, though.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #272
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Cablevision with Cisco CableCARDS

I'm looking for a couple of volunteers who have Cablevision and a Cisco CableCARD, to test a firmware update that should address these issues. Please email me if you are interested (margret@tivo.com). Please use the subject: "Roamio Cablevision Cisco test" and include you TiVo Service Number and the home phone number associated with your Cablevision account. You do not need to join our Beta program to test this update.

Thanks!
--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #273
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
I'm looking for a couple of volunteers who have Cablevision and a Cisco CableCARD, to test a firmware update that should address these issues. Please email me if you are interested (margret@tivo.com). Please use the subject: "Roamio Cablevision Cisco test" and include you TiVo Service Number and the home phone number associated with your Cablevision account. You do not need to join our Beta program to test this update. Thanks! --Margret
any progress on the NDS card front?
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #274
inc77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
I'm looking for a couple of volunteers who have Cablevision and a Cisco CableCARD, to test a firmware update that should address these issues. Please email me if you are interested (margret@tivo.com). Please use the subject: "Roamio Cablevision Cisco test" and include you TiVo Service Number and the home phone number associated with your Cablevision account. You do not need to join our Beta program to test this update.

Thanks!
--Margret
I will volunteer. I'll send the info once I get home from work today
inc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #275
Smirks

Heard back from Ed Hellyer... looks like I'll be getting the new firmware between 1am and 5am tonight!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #276
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
Heard back from Ed Hellyer... looks like I'll be getting the new firmware between 1am and 5am tonight!
Me too.

I was told it would be version 1.5.3.1101 which is the highest # I've seen, and I can't find any release notes for yet. So this must be the newest available.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #277
andyf

So this will probably never propagate to Comcast, right? Even though we use the same cards?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #278
HarperVision

......or Time Warner? I'm on 153 0601
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #279
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
......or Time Warner? I'm on 153 0601
Did you put the 1.5.3.0601 card in your Roamio? I know you talked about it being in your HD HomeRun and what you were going to try it. But I never saw an update on if it fixed anything?

Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #280
nyjklein
J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets

Success!

Got Cisco/SA Powerkey 1.5.3 1101 from Cablevision on my Cablecards overnight. Reset my Roamio Pro back to 6 tuners. Simultaneously tuned 6 premium channels and it's looking good so far. Fingers crossed

Thanks to Wilt and Cablevision for getting this update tested and pushed quickly.

Jeff

P.S. One of my Series 4 XLs didn't recognize the cablecard with the updated firmware at first, but a reboot took care of that.
nyjklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #281
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjklein View Post
Got Cisco/SA Powerkey 1.5.3 1101 from Cablevision on my Cablecards overnight. Reset my Roamio Pro back to 6 tuners. Simultaneously tuned 6 premium channels and it's looking good so far. Fingers crossed
What is the Build Time/Date on that Vers of PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101

Account & Systems Info > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD options (for installers) > CableCARD Menu > Cisco CableCARD Diag Screen

That is the newest I have seen posted?

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #282
inc77

Quote:

Thanks to Wilt and Cablevision for getting this update tested and pushed quickly.

Jeff

P.S. One of my Series 4 XLs didn't recognize the cablecard with the updated firmware at first, but a reboot took care of that.
Nice! I didn't get into the list yesterday according to Cablevision, so they are putting me in the next push (not sure when that is).
Old 09-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #283
netw0rks

I am on the Cisco PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 firmware, and I only have 5 tuners available. I also have some troubles tuning HBO/Cinemax channels. I am on Time Warner, in the Charlotte NC area.

Is there anything I can help with to get this resolved?

I did follow the steps in #212 to do the 777 Clear.
netw0rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #284
NJguy

Quote:

Jeff

How do you have a Cisco/SA Powerkey? Sorry I'm new to all of this. The Cablevision tech told me and the TiVo tech (we were on a conference call) the only cards are NDS cards. Are you saying you have a Cisco card?
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #285
anthonymoody

I fit the profile and just emailed Margret. Fingers crossed from here. Thanks to everyone involves for staying on top of this!

EDIT: btw for those who got the update, were you alerted by the TiVo/cc at all automatically? Or did you have to dig into the menus to check? I ask in case they push the update to me without responding to the email...thanks!
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #286
profet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJguy View Post
How do you have a Cisco/SA Powerkey? Sorry I'm new to all of this. The Cablevision tech told me and the TiVo tech (we were on a conference call) the only cards are NDS cards. Are you saying you have a Cisco card?

Cablevision has different tech deployed at different locations. Cablevision long island only use NDS cards.
profet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #287
netw0rks

Just stepped down to 5 tuners as someone recommended earlier and I just had a random reboot. Here's what happened:

Made the setting change, heard the 3 thumbs up sounds. Went back into the guide and started doing recordings of a mix of standard and premium channels. When I started the 5th, boom, reboot.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #288
Smirks

Got my update to 1.5.3_1101 last night and enabled all 6 tuners this morning. I didn't have any problems during my initial testing, but I didn't with the old firmware either. For me, the 6th tuner would tune to a premium channel for an hour or so, then after that I'd start getting the V58 errors. We'll see if all 6 tuners remain authorized when I get home from work this evening.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #289
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
Got my update to 1.5.3_1101 last night and enabled all 6 tuners this morning. I didn't have any problems during my initial testing, but I didn't with the old firmware either. For me, the 6th tuner would tune to a premium channel for an hour or so, then after that I'd start getting the V58 errors. We'll see if all 6 tuners remain authorized when I get home from work this evening.
Which cable company?
dkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #290
inc77

Got an email from Cablevision. They will be pushing the firmware update to my Tivo tonight. Perfect timing before the weekend. Hoping to see some good results from the people who already received this update.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #291
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rks View Post
Just stepped down to 5 tuners as someone recommended earlier and I just had a random reboot. Here's what happened:

Made the setting change, heard the 3 thumbs up sounds. Went back into the guide and started doing recordings of a mix of standard and premium channels. When I started the 5th, boom, reboot.
After you change the number of available tuners, you are supposed to reboot the tivo (manually). Sounds like you didn't, so it noticed something wrong and did it itself.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #292
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraft View Post
Which cable company?
Smirks is on Cablevision

Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #293
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I fit the profile and just emailed Margret. Fingers crossed from here. Thanks to everyone involves for staying on top of this!

EDIT: btw for those who got the update, were you alerted by the TiVo/cc at all automatically? Or did you have to dig into the menus to check? I ask in case they push the update to me without responding to the email...thanks!
Just bumping myself here as I'd much appreciate an answer to the question of whether you get alerted by the TiVo/cc itself?

Many thanks!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #294
netw0rks

So after the reboot (which I should've done manually) I noticed the problems remain with tuning channels. In fact, they seemed to be worse that before. So, I decided to punt and factory reset/wipe the whole thing and start over.

So now that's complete, and the tuning issues are just horrific. Right now, it's about 50/50 whether I'll be able to get a show to tune. This is independent of premium vs standard channel. Most of the time it's just a black screen, but occasionally it will display V53.

Again, I'm on PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601on Time Warner. Margret, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #295
Smirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Just bumping myself here as I'd much appreciate an answer to the question of whether you get alerted by the TiVo/cc itself?

Many thanks!
There was no alert. I went into the CableCARD menu to check for the new version.

Ed from Cablevision has responding to all of my emails within a few minutes, so I'm sure he'd tell you if you will be included in the latest push.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #296
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by netw0rks View Post
So after the reboot (which I should've done manually) I noticed the problems remain with tuning channels. In fact, they seemed to be worse that before. So, I decided to punt and factory reset/wipe the whole thing and start over.

independent of premium vs standard channel. Most of the time it's just a black screen, but occasionally it will display V53.

Again, I'm on PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
The normal error here which is related to this issue is v58 (not authorized). I believe v53 is: "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again."

Are you using a Tuning Adapter in your setup? If so, I believe you need to reboot that at that time time by pulling the power otherwise you will have v53 errors. If you go into settings and try the "Test Channels", do the channels tuner correctly the 1st time? What kind of signal strength and what SNR are you getting?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #297
AdamNJ

my update: not there yet

Last night my Cablevision Cisco CableCARD did not upgrade to 1.5.3.1101. It did however seem to update to 1.5.2.1601 last night. I can't be sure that 1.5.2.1401 was there before midnight, but I know it was there a few days ago.

When I looked this morning at the CC diag screen under the title "boot time" and "current time", it said "waiting for update". I rebooted the Tivo and that fixed the timestamps. I wonder though that maybe the CC/Tivo needed to be restarted before it would update a second time.

My original email (posted above) from Ed did say "Your cable card must currently running 152.1601 to receive the code upgrade", so maybe I needed this interim step.

After my email to Ed this morning, he said "We have resent the trigger for the upgrade". I can't check now since I am at work.

Based on his comment, I have another thing to point out regarding the low level of knowledge of the CV phone support techs. When this issue first started and I called saying my firmware was old...etc, I was told by 2-3 people that "we can't send the firmware to the card, it is just supposed to look for updates on its own when it starts." That doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #298
netw0rks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
The normal error here which is related to this issue is v58 (not authorized). I believe v53 is: "Problem with the signal on this channel. Trying again."

Are you using a Tuning Adapter in your setup? If so, I believe you need to reboot that at that time time by pulling the power otherwise you will have v53 errors. If you go into settings and try the "Test Channels", do the channels tuner correctly the 1st time? What kind of signal strength and what SNR are you getting?
I am using a TA. I called TWC and they asked me to check levels also, on the TA. I did and found:

Tuner: -11dBmv
FDC: dont remember
RDC: 30's

Tech stated that anything under -7 was bad. The range is supposed to be -7 to +7. So I went outside and made the connection the TA is on a homerun. No splitters, etc. in the path.

Now my values are better, -3, 0, 26. However, I still have the channel tuning issues. I have a tech coming in the morning. What a pain.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #299
anthonymoody

Thanks smirks and Adam for the continued CV info and updates.

Margret responding to my email saying she'd forwarded my info the CV so hopefully Ed or someone else will contact me soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #300
YanksRule

I have lowered the number of tuners to 5, but how are we going to know when the firmware is updated and the 6th one is available? I guess it will just take trying to enable it once in a while?
YanksRule is offline   Reply With Quote