TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
ldavies

Roamio not finding current shows

I was trying to set up season passes for Castle and The Mentalist but the Roamio isn't finding the current season - both default to the syndicated showings on TNT. What's up?

Lynne
ldavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavies View Post
I was trying to set up season passes for Castle and The Mentalist but the Roamio isn't finding the current season - both default to the syndicated showings on TNT. What's up?

Lynne
Can you find either show in the network channels guide data? I think to setup a season pass for a show on a certain channel the show has to be in the guide data for that channel, at least that is what I seem to remember. If it is in the your network channels guide data somewhere you can setup the seasons pass from there.

Edit: actually Castle has the season opener already listed so no reason you shouldn't be able to find the show listed on your local ABC station and setup a season pass.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
innocentfreak

In the HDUI, the season pass always defaults to the lowest channel number IIRC. All you need to do is change the channel to the correct channel in the season pass menu. You should see arrows next to the channel number.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
tivogurl

I've seen situations where "find by time and date" will let you see a show but "find by name" doesn't pick it up.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
Liz7188

Can you larify this suggestion, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
In the HDUI, the season pass always defaults to the lowest channel number IIRC. All you need to do is change the channel to the correct channel in the season pass menu. You should see arrows next to the channel number.

Thank you for this information, innocent freak. I do see now that I can change the channel once I get to the "Record Season Pass With These Options" box.

I just set up my new Roamio Plus a week ago and despite a lot of technical setup issues with the hardware am very happy with it. This, despite a continuing learning curve for the new menus and different remote buttons, (I went from Series II to Roamio)

I must say that having to adjust the channel that way for Season Passes seems a confusing way of handling currently broadcasting shows. I don't understand why the main search list does not provide the current broadcast season/channel as a clearly defined choice.

[How about being able to limit searches to Favorite channels?]

As far as I can tell, the listing of all the upcoming episodes is in broadcast order, not lowest channel first. For popular shows with many old seasons in reruns/marathons on cable or on mirror HD stations, it can be tedious to scroll through to locate the current season.

Besides, I don't always remember which channel/network is broadcasting the current season's episodes, let alone the day and time or season number! I had to look a number of shows up on Google first.

Not noticing that channel choice option under Season Pass setup, I then just used the Record by Time/Channel option for each one. It was quicker that redoing a search anyway.

I also seem to recall checking the entire episode listing for one title search and the current episodes were not among them at all even though they were listed on the Guide.

While I'm here, another search question: When making a TITLE Keyword Wish List for auto-recording, (Example, "The Killing") can I add a station's call letters ("AMC", for example) as an additional Keyword and limit recordings to AMC? I couldn't tell from the results showing: "AMC The Killing" how it is going to use the added keyword.

Thank you for the help!
Liz7188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Liz7188

ETA: Just noticed tonight that Homeland was not being recorded despite having set up Season Pass last week. Still don't know what happened. I checked thru all "Explore this show" options and experienced both these results: no current season listed under the list of all "Episodes" and a message saying no episodes at all were in the viewing results. Again I had to find the latest ep to create a pass.

Am also getting random loss of wifi signal every few days and have to change network settings each time.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
innocentfreak

Make sure you have the Showtime channels checked under settings. It sounds like you said no to premiums during guided setup which would result in none of those channels being indexed.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Liz7188

Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Make sure you have the Showtime channels checked under settings. It sounds like you said no to premiums during guided setup which would result in none of those channels being indexed.
Thank you, innocent freak for responding so fast.

I see you do know I have two Tivos. I recently finished setting up the new Roamio with cable card and tuner. This is the Tivo on which I am having problems with the Search function finding current shows.

My second Tivo, BTW, is not a Premiere, but a *Series II*. It was the box previously hooked to my digital cable box but is no longer. I deleted the Premium channel Season Passes on the Tivo II and revised the channel setup to remove the premiums from that Tivo.

I hope Tivo is not confusing the channels my two Tivo units are able to receive?

I had to create all my Season Passes on the Roamio manually. Roamio does find Premium listings of Showtime and HBO in searches, just not easily or consistently.

On Roamio search, I've had trouble with searches for network, cable and Premium shows the past week or so since I hooked it up. I did not keep records so my memory of the details for each problem is not perfect.

Before reading your post, I didn't know about the default to lowest broadcasting channel you mentioned in your original post. If so, I don't know how I ended up with Passes on much higher HD channels as I did for some non-Premium shows.

The most recent search problem was with "Homeland" which is a Showtime broadcast. All I can say is that it did not record last week's new episode and I had to do a new search which found the show again and create another season pass for it.

This time I checked the list of future episodes for the current season to make sure the checkmarks were there.

As I indicated in my first post, the problem is that search results for shows that have reruns on cable TV are very confusing for finding the currently broadcasting season.

I admit that I went from Series II menus to the Roamio changes and that I am still getting used to all the changes and additions. However, I am fairly sure the problems with search results is due to the confusing (or inconsistent) way they are listed in the results.

In one search for a show under "Episodes", the current season number was not listed but episodes were there under "Upcoming".

I've also had instances where recently recorded (or recording) shows have not shown up on "My Shows" in a consistent manner. Again, could this be a problem at Tivo Inc confusing my different Tivo hardware?

Thanks again for taking the time to read my admittedly long posts.