TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #331
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I think everyone may have been swamped with the finale of AGT, Big Brother, and the start of Survivor all in one night. At least I was!

I am glad Kinichi won it. He is very creative, and while his last original performance didn't do it for me, the previous ones were fantastic.

I never got Taylor. Comedy is subjective and I just didn't think his fake giggle and Woody Allen-like delivery was funny.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #332
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I am happy with the final 2 placement. Kinichi seems more like a Vegas show to me so I am glad he won.

I am glad that Collins was no higher than 5th.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #333
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

I figured Kenichi to win (like pretty much everybody else), but the rest of the final order threw me. I never would have placed Taylor Williamson above either Collins Key or Cami Bradley (sixth? really? was it the way she did "I Want to Hold Your Hand"?), much less in second (well, at least until I heard the audience reactions to each name just before they announced third place).
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #334
super dave
Upgrade Willy

Not the first competition that Kenichi has won..http://www.ebinaperformingarts.com/about.html
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #335
busyba
The Funcooker

I wonder if twitter blew up with people complaining that an Arab like Kenichi shouldn't have been allowed to win AGT so close to 9/11.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #336
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by super dave View Post

Not the first competition that Kenichi has won..http://www.ebinaperformingarts.com/about.html
It's funny how they never mentioned any of that in his back story. They made it seem like he flew to America for the first time and auditioned for AGT in order to finally pursue his lifelong dream of being a dancer. In reality, the guy has already had huge success. It reminds me of Donovan and Rebecca from last year. Those guys had competed on talent shows all over the world, but you'd never know it from watching AGT. The show always tried to make it seem like they discovered the act. I also think it's funny how they call the show "America's Got Talent", when so many of the acts aren't from America.

This, of course, doesn't take away from the fact that Kenichi absolutely deserved to win last night. In fact, he's the only act in the final six that I can say this about. IMHO, the biggest travesty of the season was Catapult not making it into the finals. I still think Kenichi is more entertaining, but they were darn impressive in their own right.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #337
pmyers

I was getting worried as Jimmy Rose kept getting through.....I still can't believe he was in the finals.

I've enjoyed Kollins Key but my suggestion to him would be to not make his tricks SO specific. When you pick 3 people from random and totally call their hashtag, gender, and clothing....it just totally takes me out of the "wonder" of magic and immediately into how its just a trick...if that makes any sense. It is just so specific that it takes out the mystery
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #338
busyba
The Funcooker

My suggestion to Collins Key would be that if you are going to have audience participants in the trick who are going to need to read things, to make sure that he chooses people who can actually see well enough to read.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #339
nickels
opinionated dope

This year I am happy with the results, though I don't think Jimmy Rose should have gotten to the finals over Catapult. At least someone with an original talent won it this year, and not something we've all seen a million times.

Collins Key is 17. That kid is going to make it big someday.
I also think Taylor Williamson is going to find his way onto a network comedy very soon.

This was a really good year for talent on the show.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #340
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueAnn View Post
I wish they had a kids only version of the show and an adults version.
I'd prefer a minimum age of 18.

I can't stand watching kids dance ballroom/tango/etc. I think its creepy.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #341
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

I agree and think that even IF an 11 year old won, what kind of show could they have in Vegas?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #342
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

I can deal with the results but id rather have seen Camie Bradley win.. I thought she was consistently fantastic but so was Kenechi... he's just won so much stuff, she should have won.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #343
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueAnn View Post
I wish they had a kids only version of the show and an adults version.
And it should be staged in a school auditorium ... with no cameras (except for their parents with their smartphone cameras).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

Moi aussi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
My suggestion to Collins Key would be that if you are going to have audience participants in the trick who are going to need to read things, to make sure that he chooses people who can actually see well enough to read.
He didn't know which one was Hoda and which was Kathy-Lee! He called out for Kathy but was looking at Hoda!

P.S. Cami was robbed by placing sixth! I hope she gets a good career out of this exposure.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #344
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
I agree and think that even IF an 11 year old won, what kind of show could they have in Vegas?
The first year's winner was 13 at the time. I don't believe a Vegas show was part of the prize at that time though.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #345
Jayjoans

I'm relieved to not have to endure more of Collins Key's open mouth guffaw and phony suprised wild-eyed wonderment. He is as phony as his magic.

Get off my TV.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #346
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
I'm relieved to not have to endure more of Collins Key's open mouth guffaw and phony suprised wild-eyed wonderment. He is as phony as his magic.

Get off my TV.
Did you lose your remote?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #347
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
And it should be staged in a school auditorium ... with no cameras (except for their parents with their smartphone cameras).
Fortunately for those of us who have heard Jackie Evancho sing, this isn't happening.

However, they do have to differentiate between the "good" and "good enough to win" acts for the younger ones.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #348
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

According to this press release, the tour will include:
Kenichi Ebina
Taylor Williamson
Collins Key
Jimmy Rose
Cami Bradley
KriStef Brothers
Tone The Chiefrocca (“B-Double-O-T-Y”)

Presumably, other acts are included, and they may be swapped in and out between tour stops; I did a search on both York, PA online newspapers, but neither appears to have any stories about who performed there.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #349
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I did a search on both York, PA online newspapers, but neither appears to have any stories about who performed there.
There was an article about Collins Key but it was more about his visiting a York-area high school the day after the concert.

http://www.inyork.com/ci_24206130/am...ey-visits-york
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote