I have a new TiVo premiere XL that I just connected but during the move a addition of the new TiVo I have lost the ability to do MVR. Here is what happened.
1) I initially wanted to use the old TiVo Premiere in the bedroom with just an OTA signal so I took the cablecard and tuning adapter and installed them in the new Premiere XL.
2) All looked good and I could browse the now playing list on the old TiVo on the New TiVo.
3) I decided I didn't like the old TiVo without the cablecard and so I got a CableCard and tuning adapter and installed them.
4) At some point before I realized that MVR wasn't working I changed both TiVo names. Later I changed them back because I thought that might be the problem.
5) I set up a TiVo Mini - that worked and still works
6) at some point after 5 I saw that MVR wasn't working on either TiVo - both boxes showed the other TiVo grayed out with an explanation point
7) I tried resets, reboots with no success. I then selected the option "I no longer have this TiVo" thinking that when it reappeared on the network it might trigger a new connection. - This may have been a big mistake, since then neither shows the other TiVo since. Checked ports, reset the router, and even reset the TiVo XL to 'clear and delete everything" since I had nothing to lose (the other TiVo has a lot of recordings so I can't do that without losing a lot of shows)
8) TiVo.com support said to force a new network connection and restart each TiVo - no joy
9) TiVo.com again went through a bunch of resets, changing settings etc... with no change.
10) Last option from TiVo.com was that the MoCA bridge was somehow keeping the TiVo's from seeing each other.
Both TiVo's can connect to the network (vis MoCA connections), I can use kmttg and pytivo with no problem, the TiVo Mini works.
Long post, but I'd appreciate some help as Tivo.com has given up