Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #271
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I don't agree. I know I could hide cash.
Sure, but not in a storage unit or bank deposit box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Unless she buried some in the desert.
Ah. Now that works. I have issues with that, however:

1. If they were going to do that, they should have shown it to us by now. That would not be a good turn of events given how the show has been done so far.

2. It would be useless to her now in any great quantities. She can't clean it and any time she tries to use it would be an issue. She might get by with a couple of thousand here and there but even if she had $10 million, she would live at poverty level because of scrutiny (at least for a few years).
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #272
JohnB1000

Personal attacks ??? The whole point I made was that it's because we like the show that we pay so much attention to it.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #273
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
and the rest got confiscated by the police, I'm sure.

Jesse had his $5 million and that was it. Now it's all gone and he's cooking for free.
Not the brightest bulb in the ... err... bulb store?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #274
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
[b]Just sayin' ...
You did give my post seven thumbs down.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #275
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
In the article posted, the director admits it was a direct Sisyphus reference. Also, Walt's pants were in the script.
Great, now we get to watch him do it all over again in the next two episodes.

Mythological humor, nice...
Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #276
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
Maybe it's in a van down by the river!!!!!
You mean where Flynn is now living?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #277
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

When Marie told Skyler that she had to tell Walt Jr. I was so hoping Walt would walk into the car wash just before Skyler started. I would have loved to have seen the look on Marie's face in that scene. However, given the fact that Marie said she'd talked to Hank three hours ago, and the time it clearly took for the AB to dig up the money, bury the bodies, and then for Walt to roll the barrell across the desert and buy the truck, I knew that wasn't going to be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
So if Walt had $80M wouldn't jesse have that much? AFAIK I just saw him with the one bag. Where's the rest?
If you remember, Walt was mostly broke after Skyler gave a good chunk of his money to Ted Beneke. So most of the money he and Jesse made when cooking together was gone. All the money in the storage unit (barrels) was from when Walt and Todd were cooking together in the tented houses. Jesse's only profit from that was his share of the methylamine sale.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #278
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
When Marie told Skyler that she had to tell Walt Jr. I was so hoping Walt would walk into the car wash just before Skyler started. .
During that scene, my comment was "Wouldn't it be bad if Walt walked in the door right now?"
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #279
pmyers

Quote:
When Marie told Skyler that she had to tell Walt Jr. I was so hoping Walt would walk into the car wash just before Skyler started...
I totally was wishing that too! I guess I still am rooting for Walt /shrug
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #280
JohnB1000

I still don't know if Marie could actually hear the phone call. I think not but her reaction seemed as if she did. I don't think Skylars words and reaction were enough.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #281
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I still don't know if Marie could actually hear the phone call. I think not but her reaction seemed as if she did. I don't think Skylars words and reaction were enough.
I think the answering machine picked up the call and I assumed then the speaker on the answering machine was playing the call for all in the house to hear. I guess it depends on what kind of answering machine it was, but that was my take on the scene.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #282
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I think the answering machine picked up the call and I assumed then the speaker on the answering machine was playing the call for all in the house to hear. I guess it depends on what kind of answering machine it was, but that was my take on the scene.
Then why would Skyler hold the phone to her ear if the answering machine speaker was on?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #283
Fahtrim

The agent held some device next to the phone, either to record the call or broadcast it for all to hear or both, wasn't clear on that.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #284
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Then why would Skyler hold the phone to her ear if the answering machine speaker was on?
Because the answering machine doesn't have a microphone, and that's how you hold a phone when you're talking into it.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #285
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Because the answering machine doesn't have a microphone, and that's how you hold a phone when you're talking into it.
Considering how much talking she did, she really didn't need a mike...
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #286
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
The agent held some device next to the phone, either to record the call or broadcast it for all to hear or both, wasn't clear on that.
I totally agree. It seemed like some type of specialized "kidnapper is on the phone" microphone (only) so that they could also hear the call.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #287
Hank
AC•FTW

It was just the standard induction coil to pick up (tap) the phone conversation without actually tapping into the phone line itself. They've been around for decades. They usually have a suction cup. They may have been playing it out loud or not (due to potential feedback), but it was certainly recorded.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #288
Ereth

George R. R. Martin (writer of Game of Thrones) blog post about this episode (and this season in general).

Quote:
Originally Posted by George R.R. Martin
Amazing series. Amazing episode last night. Talk about a gut punch.

Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros.

(I need to do something about that).

This is the final season of BREAKING BAD. I think GAME OF THRONES may have a shot at upsetting BB for this year's Emmy (only a shot, though, I think they are the clear favorite), which pits us against their previous season... but there's no way in hell that anyone is going to defeat BREAKING BAD next year, when their last season is the one in contention.
http://grrm.livejournal.com/337511.html

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #289
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
George R. R. Martin (writer of Game of Thrones) blog post about this episode (and this season in general).
Quote:
Originally Posted by George R.R. Martin
Amazing series. Amazing episode last night. Talk about a gut punch.

Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros.

(I need to do something about that).

This is the final season of BREAKING BAD. I think GAME OF THRONES may have a shot at upsetting BB for this year's Emmy (only a shot, though, I think they are the clear favorite), which pits us against their previous season... but there's no way in hell that anyone is going to defeat BREAKING BAD next year, when their last season is the one in contention.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/337511.html
And Jon Hamm will be frustrated again as Bryan Cranston wins the emmy for best lead actor.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #290
Numb And Number2

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
This show would have been over if Jesse had just shut up. Heisenberg is retired, Meth Damon is cooking, Saul gets his spinoff, Skyler becomes a car-wash tycoon, yada yada. Jesse's inability to STFU caused ALL of this.
Hank would be alive, possibly providing code red certified security for Saul Goodman, if not for Master Disquietude tossing mad stacks. I'm thinking the beaming of blueberry pies and guts into outer space was a foreshadow.

Even a fish can stay out of trouble if it keeps his mouth shut.

Hank counted a chicken before it hatched and it flew the coop.

Walt was foolish for putting all his eggs in one basket. Had he buried the barrels in pits of two it would not have required much more digging and the advantages are obvious.
Numb And Number2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #291
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb And Number2 View Post
Hank would be alive, possibly providing code red certified security for Saul Goodman, if not for Master Disquietude tossing mad stacks. I'm thinking the beaming of blueberry pies and guts into outer space was a foreshadow.

Even a fish can stay out of trouble if it keeps his mouth shut.

Hank counted a chicken before it hatched and it flew the coop.

Walt was foolish for putting all his eggs in one basket. Had he buried the barrels in pits of two it would not have required much more digging and the advantages are obvious.
Whatever you're smoking, please pass it around.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #292
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

His point about burying the barrels in two holes is pretty astute. Heck, just have the holes 20 paces apart and he's pretty safe.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #293
jkeegan

Or, don't tell anyone that there is money buried under the ground.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #294
jkeegan

On my third or fourth rewatch now.

If you watch the scene you can clearly see Marie does NOT react to Walt on the phone saying "toe the line or you'll end up just like Hank". It's only when Skyler says "what happened to Hank" that Marie jumps up because Skyler said his name. As was said before, she gets from Skyler's reaction that Hank is dead.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #295
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
On my third or fourth rewatch now.

If you watch the scene you can clearly see Marie does NOT react to Walt on the phone saying "toe the line or you'll end up just like Hank". It's only when Skyler says "what happened to Hank" that Marie jumps up because Skyler said his name. As was said before, she gets from Skyler's reaction that Hank is dead.
Yeah, I just re-watched as well and was going to post the same thing. Also, I'm pretty sure the detective was just holding up his cell phone to record the conversation, it wasn't any kind of special phone tapping (or speakerphone-like) equipment.

And I wanted to mention this before, but at the top of the show when Hank was shot, he starts crawling towards Gomie's shotgun in pretty much the same manner as he did when he was shot by the twins, and crawling towards the gun and bullet on the ground.

And I found it remarkable how quickly after Hank was shot that a mortified and grieving Walt turned right back into Heisenberg in order to deal with Jesse.

Oh, and the stack of cash he paid for the truck was a strap of $100 bills.. so it was most likely $10k. It was a pretty fat stack, so it could have been $20k, but it was just one "strap". So perhaps they took some artistic license and it wasn't 100 bills as is standard for strapped cash like that.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #296
JohnB1000

I feel Gomie should have got a better send off.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #297
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
His point about burying the barrels in two holes is pretty astute. Heck, just have the holes 20 paces apart and he's pretty safe.
Sure bury the barrels in two holes. Spend more countless hours digging in the sun, in the sand/dirt and such.

I would have thought bury some and then hide some and then, be really smart and hide a couple somewhere else. Spread it out so that you know not all of it will be touched.

That however would take time and some planning.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #298
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see why they would find it.. if she's claiming innocence and was manipulated/coerced into it, she's just running the car wash (and can still launder the cash). She is too smart to rent a storage unit in her own name. Even if she loses the car wash, she can still start another cash-business (like that nail salon) to continue to launder the cash nobody but her knows about.
well, innocent or not, the car wash was bought with illegal drug money. It has to be confiscated, I would think. I also think that accounting bloodhounds would sniff out any scheme Skyler can cook up to hide money. :shrug:

At least Walt learned to roll the barrel instead of lifting it
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #299
danielhart
Finnhater

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Well, he's cooking for his life.
a fitting end for the pathetic POS imo
danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #300
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Whatever you're smoking, please pass it around.
This...