TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #241
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
More feedback from our engineer:

Re: Post #221/Verizon FIOS is a different issue. Tuning works fine on all
six tuners, but macroblocking has been reported on some channels. During our
investigation, we determined that the problem does not exist on version 017
cards:
514517-002-00 - Older
514517-006-00 - Old
514517-017-00 - Newer
We are not finished investigating, but there is a chance we can workaround
problems with the older cards through a software release. In the mean time,
version 017 cards do work...
Thanks for the information. Would you please update us, in THIS thread, as more information becomes available?
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #242
StevesTiv1

Yesterday, I went to the cablevision store to switch my cisco cablecard which gives V58 errors for a Motorola cablecard. The service rep said as a company they only carry cisco cards. Would you or does anyone else know if this is true for all cablevision on Long Island ?
Thanks
StevesTiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #243
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesTiv1 View Post
Yesterday, I went to the cablevision store to switch my cisco cablecard which gives V58 errors for a Motorola cablecard. The service rep said as a company they only carry cisco cards. Would you or does anyone else know if this is true for all cablevision on Long Island ?
Thanks
Correct, Cablevision is only going to have SA/Cisco and possibly NDS cards. Their catv network is built off the SA design/software/hardware. So the Moto cards aren't compatible.

Comcast in most areas uses Moto design/software/hardware, and therefore doesn't run SA/Cisco on those areas. (Yes I know some Comcast areas use SA, but it is one or the other in each area).

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #244
NJguy

TiVoMargaret posted in #234: Re: Post #230/profet and Post #232/Am_I_Evil - We're hearing more about NDS cards. Please go through the CableCARD menus and determine what firmware version you are running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profet View Post
VGUARD3.0.7_F.p.0501
My version of the Cablevision of Warwick NDS card is VGUARD3.0.7_F.p.0501.

It looks different than what is in post #236 though and it is not listed as "Firmware Version" On my new Roamio Plus it is listed as "OS Ver:"

TiVoMargaret, do you know what's going on with Cablevision and if they have newer cards?

My setup is a Roamio Plus and 2 TiVo Mini's. Also, since I'm new to TiVo I've gone through this thread and paired down my tuners to 4 (instead of the 6 it should be). Another problem I noticed is that if the family is watching the two TiVo Mini's then I effectively only have 2 tuners to use on my Roamio Plus. Correct? If so that creates an issue if I'm trying to record 3 or 4 shows at the same time.

I hope there is a fix. I just bought the Roamio Plus with the key feature for me being 6 tuners and being able to use as a "Whole Home" solution. I tried the Cablevision "Whole Home" solution and brought those boxes back because it was awful but I cannot justify spending $600 on the Roamio Plus and 2 Mini's if it's not going to work the way it should. Please fix this TiVo because you have a great product.....if it works properly.
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #245
duerrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
I've never had channels drop out over time. I've only had a problem with the 6th tuner for some channels (I think they were in the 170's).

Do you have the Cisco 1.5.2 1601? (that's my firmware)
Yes, thats exactly the same as mine.
duerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #246
Jobeo

I have this issue. It is very frustrating. I am on cablevision with the antiquated firmware. This feels very bad since I have no power to update the firmware of the card.

I appreciate that everyone is looking into it but TIVO can do something immediately as a stopgap measure. Rush out an emergency software update that enables an option in settings to disable the bad tuners. If that means dropping me down from 6 tuners to 4 I would gladly accept it until a permanent solution is available.

I would much rather have 4 tuners that work all the time than 6 tuners which malfunction randomly.
Jobeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #247
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeo View Post
I appreciate that everyone is looking into it but TIVO can do something immediately as a stopgap measure. Rush out an emergency software update that enables an option in settings to disable the bad tuners. If that means dropping me down from 6 tuners to 4 I would gladly accept it until a permanent solution is available.

I would much rather have 4 tuners that work all the time than 6 tuners which malfunction randomly.
You mean something like this?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...91#post9785291
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #248
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

I've been pretty stable now for a week with 5 tuners on a 1601 card.

I tried 6 again yesterday and the 6th still gives me a V58.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #249
Jobeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
great thanks. I just dropped it back to 5 and if I see v58 again I will drop it back to 4.
Jobeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #250
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing2001 View Post

Hi Margret - The engineer mentioned 'OS Ver: PKEY1.5.2_F.p.XXXX'. If the final number is not 2801 or higher, you will likely have problems using all 6 tuners.

My Cisco OS Ver is "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601". Correct me if I'm wrong but I would say my version is a newer version and I shouldn't have the black screen issues?

Thanks,
Tony
I have "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1402" in my HDHomerun Prime 3CC. It works fine tuning all sdv channels in that device. I have an older "PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1401" cablecard FW in my roamio pro? I'm thinking of swapping the cards but not sure i want to go with the headaches, especially if the 1.5.3 1402 gives the same results as 0601. Any new info about the "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601" cards?

FYI, I just rebooted my TiVo and it downloaded an update. Doesn't seem to fix my blank screen issues.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #251
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I have "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1402" in my HDHomerun Prime 3CC. It works fine tuning all sdv channels in that device. I have an older "PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1401" cablecard FW in my roamio pro? I'm thinking of swapping the cards but not sure i want to go with the headaches, especially if the 1.5.3 1402 gives the same results as 0601. Any new info about the "PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601" cards?

FYI, I just rebooted my TiVo and it downloaded an update. Doesn't seem to fix my blank screen issues.
I think you don't have that first firmware right. You put .1402 which i don't believe is valid. PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 is the highest we know of and there are reports from a few that 6 tuners work with that FW (it's also higher then the current minimum as per Tivo).

Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #252
DPhillips

I just noticed this issue today:

Romaio Pro
Comcast (New England)
SA/Cisco Cablecard
HW: 0800, ver: 0012

Was having issues with 6 tuners tuning to encrypted channels (some did, some didn't) including 1 tuner that had video but no audio.

Dropped it to 5 tuners (rebooted), still had a tuner with no audio and had a tuner with no signal (I assume v58 error although it gave me a comcast # to call)

Dropped it to 4 tuners and all 4 can tune encrypted channels with audio without issue.

I didn't notice this a week ago when I first installed but I didn't look for it and everything seemed to work until today. Again probably had the issue but didn't notice. I'll have to keep following this thread and hope for a resolution.
DPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #253
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post

I think you don't have that first firmware right. You put .1402 which i don't believe is valid. PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601 is the highest we know of and there are reports from a few that 6 tuners work with that FW (it's also higher then the current minimum as per Tivo).
Yeah you're right, sorry. I must've confused it with the other card when typing. I sent the 777 report to TiVo. I don't get all the channels and have the blank screen/"Hit select to retune" errors on SDV.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #254
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPhillips View Post
..... I'll have to keep following this thread and hope for a resolution.
TiVoMargret,

Will TiVo extend any service cancellation policies on tivos with this issue? I'm running up on my return window to best buy and honestly I don't think I should be a beta tester. I certainly can't dump directv yet with my Roamio acting like this. There's no way I'll get any WAF and I'll never hear the end of "well DirecTV never did this!".

PS - Oh and you're also facing stiff competition right now with my Windows Media Center setup using 2 HDHomerun Prime 3CCs, a server HTPC and 3 Xbox 360s, and you're currently losing. I've actually packed up the TiVo once and prepared it for return, only to unbox it and give it one more shot.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #255
NJguy

Quote:
TiVoMargret,

Will TiVo extend any service cancellation policies on tivos with this issue? I'm running up on my return window to best buy and honestly I don't think I should be a beta tester. I certainly can't dump directv yet with my Roamio acting like this. There's no way I'll get any WAF and I'll never hear the end of "well DirecTV never did this!".

PS - Oh and you're also facing stiff competition right now with my Windows Media Center setup using 2 HDHomerun Prime 3CCs, a server HTPC and 3 Xbox 360s, and you're currently losing. I've actually packed up the TiVo once and prepared it for return, only to unbox it and give it one more shot.
I 2nd that. No Windows Media Center Setup here for me though. Just want TiVo to work as it seems like a great product.....but I paid $399 and the key reason was for the 6 tuners. Hope your software engineers are working on a fix with Cablevision ASAP. I have a 60 day return policy with BB as a silver rewards member but with Tivo after 30 days I think there is a one year commitment. I'll give it 60 days but if it's not working I don't want to be charged a termination fee by Tivo. Guess I'll call and see what they say.
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #256
andyf

Can't help but notice the advertisements for Comcast's flagship DVR the X1 uses only 5 tuners. I wonder if they know about the 6th tuner problem and only advertise 5 tuners and disable the 6th tuner operation.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #257
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Can't help but notice the advertisements for Comcast's flagship DVR the X1 uses only 5 tuners. I wonder if they know about the 6th tuner problem and only advertise 5 tuners and disable the 6th tuner operation.
Actually I'm pretty sure X1 is 4 tuners since Comcast advertises record 4 shows while watching a 5th. It says nothing about the 5th show being a live show.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #258
AdamNJ

Quote:
TiVoMargret,

Maybe you should try the 1.5.3.0601 card that you have (or try getting another card from your provider) in your Roamio before you give up. At this point, I am still believing that the issue lies more will my provider (Cablevision) not updating the firmware then I do Tivo.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #259
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure X1 is 4 tuners since Comcast advertises record 4 shows while watching a 5th. It says nothing about the 5th show being a live show.
You're right.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #260
jwbelcher

Quote:
TiVoMargret,

They made me that offer on my lifetimes before returning to Best Buy. I didn't have an extended window with BB, so I still had to return. I'm going to request the extended return when I buy again. Not sure when, but I feel like they'll get it worked out. Give them a call. I could tell their CSRs are able to work with you to prevent a cancellation.

Btw, do you need 1 or 2 tuning adapters with your Windows HTPC running 2 HDHomerun Prime 3CCs. I'd guess one, but very curious how its working for you.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #261
AdamNJ

Cablevision users cross your fingers...

I emailed Wilt Hildenbrand the following:
Quote:
Can you give any update on the timeframe of testing/deployment?
Can you tell me which firmware version you are testing for deployment? My hope is that is the most current available 1.5.3.0601 (current as far as I am aware).
and he promptly responded:
Quote:
The latest and in the next week or so is the plan.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #262
HarperVision

Quote:

Maybe you should try the 1.5.3.0601 card that you have (or try getting another card from your provider) in your Roamio before you give up...
That's exactly what I planned to do and am
In the process of doing now. I just dreaded the thought of swapping 2 cablecards

I also have another issue that popped up where the unit freezes and doesn't respond to the remote. The only way I got it working was to pull the Cablecard and re-seat it. I won't be able to do that easily if I decide to use this solution because it will be mounted in a rack.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #263
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post

Btw, do you need 1 or 2 tuning adapters with your Windows HTPC running 2 HDHomerun Prime 3CCs. I'd guess one, but very curious how its working for you.
It needs two TAs with cablecards. It works great. Better than the ceton 6 tuner unit I tried a few months ago.

Last edited by HarperVision : 09-17-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #264
anthonymoody

Quote:
I emailed Wilt Hildenbrand the following:

and he promptly responded:

Giddyup! Thanks Adam. Fingers crossed and thanks for staying in touch with him!!
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #265
tomhorsley

The comcast reps in the comcast (oops, I mean xfinity) forums are sounding more positive these days when they say the South Florida upgrade should be completed in October. I can almost believe we'll have it by Christmas :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #266
joelw

I'm giving up

I can't take the "channel not authorized" any longer. It never happened on My Series 3, and happened intermittently on my Premiere XL. But on the Roamio, it's literally every day!! I can't take it any more. Shows are interrupted (even while watching them), and recordings don't take place. This occurs on all tuners - not just 5 and 6.

I've had Cablevision out twice, and my entire setup has been re-wired, right from the pole through the entire house. I'm on my third cable card. They just can't get it fixed.

I'm really puzzled, though, about why it doesn't happen as much on the Premier, and never happened on the Series 3. Can this possibly be a TiVo problem? Why would that behavior occur?

In any event, I'm taking it back to Best Buy within my 45 day return window. I just want to watch TV - not be a guinea pig. I'll keep watching these boards, and if CV ever gets it right, I'll get another Roamio.

Last edited by joelw : 09-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
joelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #267
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelw View Post
This occurs on all tuners - not just 5 and 6.

In any event, I'm taking it back to Best Buy within my 45 day return window. I just want to watch TV - not be a guinea pig. I'll keep watching these boards, and if CV ever gets it right, I'll get another Roamio.
Joel,

Did you ever drop your Roamio down to 4 or 5 tuners as the the instructions in this thread? Also you say it's all tuners, but did you check which tuner it is from the cablecard/diagnostic screens? If you are just going off of the order that shows in the info >> multi tuner tab, the positioning is not accurate to = the tuner #.

How much longer do you have on the return period? It does look the update is coming soon, which I will speka to in my next post.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #268
AdamNJ

Thumbs up more good news from CV!

I just got an email (not on the address I emailed Wilt H from) from a cablevision employee. He might have gotten my email address from the yahoo group post about this.

Anyway, it looks like the rollout is coming very soon, if not today for CV:
Quote:
From: Edward Hellyer < please PM me if you want his email address to contact him >
Date: Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Subject: Tivo Roamio Issues

Cablevision is addressing the issue you are experiencing with your new TiVo Roamio Pro. If you reside in a Power Key area and would like to have the new code downloaded to your cable card, please reply to this mail with your account number or phone number.

Your cable card must currently running 152.1601 to receive the code upgrade. If you are not running that code version please reply to this mail with the version you are running for future deployments.

thank you

Ed Hellyer
I have PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1401 on a PKM803, so I just emailed him back. Hopefully that doesn't hold me back somehow.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #269
inc77

Adam, that is excellent news!!! Do you think you can message me his email? I have all the requirements for the upgrade Thanks!
inc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #270
dkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelw View Post
I can't take the "channel not authorized" any longer. It never happened on My Series 3, and happened intermittently on my Premiere XL. But on the Roamio, it's literally every day!! I can't take it any more. Shows are interrupted (even while watching them), and recordings don't take place. This occurs on all tuners - not just 5 and 6.

I've had Cablevision out twice, and my entire setup has been re-wired, right from the pole through the entire house. I'm on my third cable card. They just can't get it fixed.

I'm really puzzled, though, about why it doesn't happen as much on the Premier, and never happened on the Series 3. Can this possibly be a TiVo problem? Why would that behavior occur?

I have the same problem on my Roamio and I am only using 4 tuners. My Premier started having issues months ago so I bought the Roamio and found out it is also having tuning issues. I feel your pain and with the new season starting people are going to start seeing more of this problem when trying to record all the new and returning shows.
dkraft is offline   Reply With Quote