Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #721
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
...regarding the racist statements, I don't think presenting someone with their own words and actions is cruel. They did and said the things they did and said. People need to live with the consequences of their actions. Some of the things were truly disgusting. I have ZERO sympathy for any of them.
they all signed waivers with the understanding they were to be recorded 24/7, and that anything could be broadcast. why not broadcast it in front of them and watch their reactions?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
there was a supposed work history posted online, and it showed she hadn't really worked anywhere longer than about 6 months, last in real estate. a separate report claimed she had lost her real estate license.

i never really believed either of these stories, as they weren't widely reported or quoted by reliable sites, only posted as rumors. i suspect they were more antics by online fans of another houseguest.

It's easy to look it up. Took me 2 minutes.

She has a current, yet inactive licence.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #723
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
...I don't think the outrage about the racist statements is manufactured. I think it is real
i think a large part is legit, but when gm started being nice to elissa, after elissa's eviction, the support shifted to gm, and suddenly all the racist comments seemed to be forgotten and a lot of the outrage disappeared. too coincidental for me.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #724
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
... However, regarding the racist statements, I don't think presenting someone with their own words and actions is cruel. They did and said the things they did and said. People need to live with the consequences of their actions. Some of the things were truly disgusting. I have ZERO sympathy for any of them...
Totally agree and I, for one, hope they get their just desserts BUT there is a part of me (mostly concerning Aaryn) that worries if the harsh reaction may be too much for them to bear. These people are self absorbed and insecure the reality of America/BB fans disliking them to this extent could cause reactions like severe depression, suicide etc. People take their lives for lesser issues. So, I really hope they have maturity to take this as a learning experience and improve themselves.
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #725
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i think a large part is legit, but when gm started being nice to elissa, after elissa's eviction, the support shifted to gm, and suddenly all the racist comments seemed to be forgotten and a lot of the outrage disappeared. too coincidental for me.
But don't forget GM was actually nice, sweet and low key during that period - dare I say somewhat likeable? For those of us who can't stand her, we saw her show glimpses of contrition. I think it was even during that time she said she was going to apologize to Candice (for evicting her?). She sounded like she had promise but in a matter of days as soon as Elissa was evicted she went back to her coarse, ignorant self. She has no real backbone (except when it comes to crying about Nick) and will bash whoever others are bashing just to fit in.
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #726
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
She has no real backbone (except when it comes to crying about Nick) and will bash whoever others are bashing just to fit in.
This. I think GM's racists comments were made out of ignorance and trying to fit in with the in crowd.

Aryn's comments were made out if ignorance and malice.

This doesn't excuse GM by any means, but it gives me hope that she can learn and not make them again.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #727
nmiller855

hope

I hope that Aaryn's time in the jury house has given her time to reflect on her actions. I think Julie confronting her with her words surprised her because she saw the audience reaction. I don't think Amanda had enough time in the jury house without Mcrae for it to do her any good. I think as soon as he walked through the door, they hopped in bed & resumed their isolating lifestyle unless Mcrae saw how that ruined his game.
I wish they would have Aaryn, Amanda & Ginamarie all stand as a group & read the statements from their employers to show what their mouths & actions have cost them in the real world. I think Amanda will still blame it on editing.
I'm wondering if Elissa will try to press any kind of slander charges due to what the other houseguests have said. The final 3 have been brutal in the things they have been saying.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #728
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I'm wondering if Elissa will try to press any kind of slander charges due to what the other houseguests have said.
good luck winning any libel suit, the burden of proof is very high, and these were conversations of opinion. right or wrong, the first amendment probably has the final 3 covered.