TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
MisterWho

No Discovery Bar Sometimes? (Network Errors)

Coming from a HD unit that did not have the Discovery Bar, I am noticing sometimes that it is not displaying on my new Roamio and giving a C133 error and an error 501(I think it was?) if attempting to choose the What to Watch feature. Is this normal? Is this an issue with the TiVo Service itself (as the error message indicates)? I can successfully test the TiVo's connection while this is happening as well as use the mini connected by MOCA in the other room (it displaying no Discovery Bar however). All other network connected devices are operational as well when this happens.

This usually lasts a minute or so before rectifying itself. I was just wondering if this is normal behavior for the Discovery Bar? Like network congestion on TiVo's end or something?
MisterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
moyekj

Are you connecting to a "green" switch? There's several threads about certain "green" switches not playing nice with Roamio ethernet (i.e. Roamio ethernet bugs).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
MisterWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Are you connecting to a "green" switch? There's several threads about certain "green" switches not playing nice with Roamio ethernet (i.e. Roamio ethernet bugs).
A netgear FS105? It's only a 10/100 switch. Not very new, don't know if it's considered "green."
Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
tim1724

I've seen C133 pop up briefly twice in the past two weeks. I've been wondering whether TiVo's servers might have been overloaded with all the new Roamios out there.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Rkkeller

I see this every few days at different times and its never been a problem on my end. When I go back after a few minutes its working again.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
kbmb

Saw this twice yesterday. Definitely a problem with Tivos servers as the Tivo reported it could connect to the internet fine. Netflix etc worked.
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
macfactor

I have been getting this several times a day since I got my Plus. Some days are better than others. Even if the error doesn't pop-up I can have very extended waits for menus to render, with spinning blue progress circle coming up. I have a good connection, that has been tested several times at 30 mb constant. Love my Tivo but this drives me crazy. It does always comeback after a few seconds of waiting. Tivo support was not much help.
macfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
tonestert

I got this a lot when on wireless but I've not seen it again after connecting my pro to a wired switch (an older 10/100).
tonestert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post
I got this a lot when on wireless but I've not seen it again after connecting my pro to a wired switch (an older 10/100).
On a Roamio Plus setup I am doing for a friend we are temporally using the built in WiFi and getting this error on and off but the unit connects without problems, but the other TiVos in the home sometimes show up other times they don't, after some cable changes that will be done soon, we are going to MoCA so the problem should go away.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
MisterWho

Of those seeing these types of errors I described, are you all using the Roamio to setup a moca connection? I am (new Roamio + Mini setup) and it seems like it's the moca aspect that causes the connection to be finicky. Also, it appears I can trigger the errors from simply viewing my network settings and backing out to TiVo Central. Anyone else?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWho View Post
Of those seeing these types of errors I described, are you all using the Roamio to setup a moca connection? I am (new Roamio + Mini setup) and it seems like it's the moca aspect that causes the connection to be finicky. Also, it appears I can trigger the errors from simply viewing my network settings and backing out to TiVo Central. Anyone else?
I have a standalone Roamio Plus connected via Ethernet (no MoCA) and I've seen the error popup and happen for 20-30 minutes at a time. It so far has always resolved itself. At no point does the TiVo lose an internet connection....just a connection to TiVo. Even tried to force a connect to TiVo and it failed.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote