TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #151
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
My list of nit-picks:
If that's the best nits you've got, this was one hell of a great hour of tv. Colonel Jessup hopes you have more than that.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #152
JohnB1000

I think we assume Todd keeps cooking to avoid having the Czechs after him. They have a contract you know.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #153
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
He lied to protect his mother.

Not breaking bad.

That scene was heart wrenching - seeing the son that idolized his father come to terms with the truth of who his father really was. Then the baby snatching and Skylar's panic - OMG. I was crying.

Simply. Devistating.

The writing and the acting in this show will be sorely missed...
So what becomes of Walt Jr. a year from now.

It could go either way. Drugged out and depressed, or working hard to "save" his family of three (mom and baby sister).

Hmmm...
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #154
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Oh no, you're much nicer looking than chopped liver.
Ah...what every girl wants to hear!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #155
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
to your list.
My nit picks: nit-pickers. Especially about such an amazing episode!!
(but you're entitled to your ridiculously impossible standards)
The list was for you in particular.

Kidding of course, but as others said, we're all free to state our miind here and discuss things. Some of those are thinking how things happened. That was my list.

I find trying to tell us what we can and can't discuss is a bit -- but it's not really a big deal. No worries. You're entitled to your opinion too, of course.

So, do firetrucks have labels on the switches? Like "Lights", "Siren", "Ladder", "Gas cap"...

I did google it Marco, and while I didn't get definitive proof, it looks like there are labels. I'm still not sure Walt would mess with sneaking into a firetruck and spending much time. I would argue that setting Holly down next to the truck would get her noticed faster and be less risky.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #156
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Ah...what every girl wants to hear!
At least he did not say that she has better taste
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #157
disco
Father of Sam.

Best show on television in a LONG time. I caught up on Netflix, and then DVR'd the last few episodes.

Last night's episode was quite possibly the best hour of TV that I have ever watched. Gripping, emotional, depressing, uplifting... wow. I'm breathless after watching it.

And I wanna watch it again.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #158
astrohip
Stuart F

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ases-ad-629445

With just two episodes of Breaking Bad left, AMC is taking a moment to recognize and thank the cast, crew, fans and everyone else who helped make the show a phenomenon.

"It's all in the chemistry. Thanks to everyone who made bad so good," the ad reads. The text is accompanied by a picture of the series' iconic RV.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbs5b_finale_thr_natl_fm2_sm.jpg (58.5 KB, 308 views)
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #159
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

Todd is crazy for still wanting to cook after getting all that money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I think we assume Todd keeps cooking to avoid having the Czechs after him. They have a contract you know.
I think all Todd wants is to improve his purity percentage so as to impress Miss Lydia.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #160
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
uncdrew found it hard to believe that mass murdering meth dealers found $80 million and stole it

The only part hard to believe is that they left $11 million of it!
Not hard to believe. Not hard to believe at all. I don't think I said that. Just didn't sit right with me. Someone can probably verbalize it better than I.

Seems like a loose end that the AB wouldn't leave. Why not just kill Walt and take all the money and not worry about retribution. I know Uncle said "Todd respects you" but is that enough reason.

And also, they know Walt is scary and unpredictable and dangerous. Granted they probably didn't see the flash forward with Walt returning to town with a gun, but might'en they figure that Walt could come after them? I mean you just took millions away from a dangerous man but left him with millions? Uh, well... err... maybe you could have thought through that a tad more. He can hire an entire army to kill AB and then have more millions.

Last edited by uncdrew : 09-16-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #161
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Some of my thoughts nitpicks:

Why would you even bother packing clothes when you have cash? Personal items I could understand like pictures, but not clothes.

Todd is crazy for still wanting to cook after getting all that money.

I was floored when Walt gave up Pinkman!
Dude, no nitpicking.

1. I think he was kind of freaking out.
2. Todd isn't ready to remove himself from Lydia and probably kind of fancies the meth thing as a career.
3. I think it goes to show that blood is thicker than meth goo (actually, it probably isn't). Jesse is not family, never has been. He's a messed up kid who put Walt's real family in harm. Time to remove Jesse.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #162
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Not hard to believe. Not hard to believe at all. I don't think I said that. Just didn't sit right with me. Someone can probably verbalize it better than I.

Seems like a loose end that the AB wouldn't leave. Why not just kill Walt and take all the money and not worry about retribution. I know Uncle said "Todd respects you" but is that enough reason.

And also, they know Walt is scary and unpredictable and dangerous. Granted they probably didn't see the flash forward with Walt returning to town with a gun, but might'en they figure that Walt could come after them? I mean you just took millions away from a dangerous man and stole more millions from him. Uh, well... err... maybe you could have thought through that a tad more.
But he's only a dangerous man because of them. They are the muscle. He pays them to kill people. Why would they be afraid of him?

I would steal the money from Jack and take my chances!

you don't think Jack would take $70 million from Walt?
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #163
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
If that's the best nits you've got, this was one hell of a great hour of tv. Colonel Jessup hopes you have more than that.
I don't know who Colonel Jessup is. Sounds familiar. Let me check, brb.

Ah... "You can't handle the truth!". I think I get your gist.

Yes, amazing TV, amazing show. I'm just discussing the items that didn't make sense in my brain, and hoping someone knows what I missed. Perhaps I should call them something else, like TiDDUs: Things Drew Doesn't Understand.

Most are easily explainable by people who watched the show using a different brain than mine.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #164
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
But he's only a dangerous man because of them. They are the muscle. He pays them to kill people. Why would they be afraid of him?

I would steal the money from Jack and take my chances!

you don't think Jack would take $70 million from Walt?

Walt killed plenty of others without them, and I think they know that. He's Heisenberg. Plus, he has a history of paying people to kill people. He has money to pay people to kill AB people. The AB aren't the only killers for hire. Hell, the AB probably has a list of enemies that would love to be funded to take out the AB. Walt could find them fairly easily.

Of course Jack would take the money. Read what I posted -- it doesn't sit right with me the way he did it. Kill the DEA guys, why not just kill Walt. Why leave him alive? Perhaps to cook for you, but if so you don't set him lose with eleventeen cajillion dollars.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #165
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I knew something was up with the phone call, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I don't feel bad, though - he fooled all those police, fooling us is just proof that he was believable.
Yeah, I was briefly confused by his tear but everything moved so fast I didn't put any more thought into it.

I was REALLY confused by how he could have been so torn up over Hank and then such a dick to his wife. Now I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
So, yeah, I don't think it was too weird for me or others to think Walt was just going all total Heisenberg on everyone now. I mean, they REFUSED him. And Skylar tried to kill him. I think it was clear Skylar was no longer content with the situation.
Exactly. Things had already gone so crazy it was easy to imagine him losing his ****, just like him believing the barrel of money picture was his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Admittedly, I didn't fully catch on to the full meaning of the call, but I did feel a twinge of "um, Skyler would never say 'I'm sorry' to Walt like that" but I just didn't have enough mindspace to fully process that thought and the phone call.
I noticed that too but I wrote it off as a sign of how desperate she was to save her child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
I think Heisenberg/Walter White is my favorite TV character ever. What do you do after this if you're Cranston???
Anything you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Also: while it may sound odd to say it, I thought Holly did some mighty fine acting in this episode. Normally, small children totally kill the moment, for me (e.g. Harrison, on Dexter - that kid couldn't act his way off a treadmill). But in this episode, Holly totally nailed her performance.
I'm betting that scene took forever to shoot/mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
Ahh now the picture makes so much more sense. I missed that it was a threat to Jesse. I thought Todd just had the picture on the wall from when Walt told Jack&Co to watch Brock's house for Jesse. It felt a bit weird. There's my zoom for the episode.
Now see, THAT I got instantly. Even before they focused enough to see who was in the picture I knew it had to be the two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
But in this episode, I think he wanted Jesse killed simply because he wanted him to die. And he wanted to watch.
Was it that he wanted to watch or that he was willing to?
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #166
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
It wouldn't be surprising if they were dumb enough to be terrified of the guy who's scary enough to get ten people murdered in different prisons...
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #167
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
I think it's a combination of wanting to do right by Lydia and pride in his work. And greed. He doesn't just want a golden egg, he wants the goose.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #168
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

For the record, excellent show and I greatly appreciate being able to come here to discuss it with y'all.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #169
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Quote:
I don't know who Colonel Jessup is. Sounds familiar. Let me check, brb.

Ah... "You can't handle the truth!". I think I get your gist.
That wasn't the line I was thinking of, tho.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #170
Hank
AC•FTW

I don't think the AB is smart enough to launder $70mil without getting caught somehow. Perhaps Lydia has a system for that overseas that we don't know about.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #171
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
That wasn't the line I was thinking of, tho.
Yes, I know. I think you were referring to the way he was letting the Tom Cruise character know that the stuff Tom Cruise had as evidence was kind of trivial in regards to the bigger picture.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #172
cheesesteak
Meh.

Wow. I want Walt dead. DEAD!

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #173
JohnB1000

Quote:
For the record, excellent show and I greatly appreciate being able to come here to discuss it with y'all.
I think that's what Getreal is missing. We like to discuss the show, if all we did was say "great show" it wouldn't be much fun so we deeply analyze it in a way we wouldn't with other shows.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #174
cheesesteak
Meh.

The Nazis have got to get dead too.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #175
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
I think that's what Getreal is missing. We like to discuss the show, if all we did was say "great show" it wouldn't be much fun so we deeply analyze it in a way we wouldn't with other shows.
Yup.

It really is a sign of respect. Not once in a Yogi Bear thread have I mentioned how it's unrealistic that bears walk upright, wear clothes and speak English.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #176
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
But in this episode, I think he wanted Jesse killed simply because he wanted him to die. And he wanted to watch.
He blames Pinkman for Hank's death, and for costing him ~$70 million.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #177
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Yes, just last week here in Indiana, a mother who had just lost custody took her daughter and ran. They issued an Amber Alert. She later turned herself in.
Yeahbut, do they call it kidnapping and issue an Amber Alert when a father with legal custody takes his own daughter for a car ride?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #178
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It wouldn't be surprising if they were dumb enough to be terrified of the guy who's scary enough to get ten people murdered in different prisons...
Exactly. The Nazis are not comparatively smart -- except for maybe Todd. If they were, they'd either
A. Taken some of the money, left Hank alive, and dispersed as Walt advised.
B. Kill Walt despite Todd's objections. (He'd get over it.)

Quote:
Yes. I also appreciate no one posting real spoilers.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #179
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
...Walt's face as he calls Skylar is memorable. The crying and the screaming are not for the same reason. There is definitely something in Skylar's eyes when Walt starts getting harsher and harsher. She knows that even at his worst he wouldn't say those things, and it was for her to be able to spin to the cops what really happened to keep her out of it. The thing is with Marie there, it is much tougher.
Since Walt figures he's going to be dead from the cancer real soon now, he figures he may as well take the responsibility for the whole criminal enterprise up to and including the deaths of Hank and Gomez.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #180
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
You missed the sound.. The show started with the flashback to their first cook, then Walt faded away, then Jesse and the RV did. Then it cut to commercial.

When we came back, it was the same shot, but then cars faded in, and we heard the entire shootout super-quick (like 4-5 seconds tops).
Yeah, I missed that because of ffwding through the commercials and it's only 6 seconds that starts on a black screen and is half over before the picture comes on. You can miss a lot on this show if you blink.
Don't blink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
I don't think that was supposed to be the entire shootout. Just a representation of the shootout so that we know where in time we were. It was probably supposed to be the last bit of it.
That's what I would say it was.