TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #691
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I wanted to like McCrae at the beginning but now it would just feel like Amanda's bullying worked and got him to the end, so I hope he loses. At this point Andy is probably playing the best game but GM at least got Amanda out which was the biggest move anyone in the house has made.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #692
Tracy
Truly

I agree with your issues with McCrae. He is likable, but really seemed to be along for the ride with Amanda. He did do his best to manage her, though. I also agree that GM is finishing strong. While I like her upbeat personality, she comes off as so stupid and coarse and has said so many reprehensible things that I don't think I can back her. Spencer seems to be the very definition of floater...I see no reason he should win. Andy is pretty crafty but it is all wrapped up in such a weasel-y cry-baby package. I think I just don't like his face. Hence, McCrae.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #693
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Andy is pretty crafty but it is all wrapped up in such a weasel-y cry-baby package. I think I just don't like his face.
I don't like his weird looking ears!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #694
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

His mother didnt love him! If my kid had those ears I would have them pinned! lol
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #695
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

not only did andy win hoh, after nominating mccrae and spencer for eviction, he turned right around and won pov, too.

andy gets to decide the final 3, and i suspect mc is a goner, but we'll know tonight.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #696
nyny523
Oy

I am surprised Andy nominated Spencer and not GM.

Any idea why?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #697
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

He's also deciding who gets the single vote, so maybe he thought GM voting would be a lock on getting MC out while Spencer's vote could be more easily persuaded?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #698
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I am surprised Andy nominated Spencer and not GM.

Any idea why?
gm has been aligning with both spence and andy, so there's no chance of spence being voted off by gm, or vice versa if the veto is used on spence and gm goes up - it really doesn't matter.

maybe they wanted to increase spencer's number of times on the block for the record books?

if andy was smart, he would put up gm and talk spence into getting her out. i see her as a much bigger threat in a final 2 scenario against any other hg.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #699
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
He's also deciding who gets the single vote, so maybe he thought GM voting would be a lock on getting MC out while Spencer's vote could be more easily persuaded?
the exterminators outed themselves to mc, so mc knows he's going to jury tonight, and took the news amazingly well.

that means either gm or andy is this season's winner, since a majority agree that spencer has no chance in a final two against either one - his only shot is second place.

in other news, bb has been renewed for season 16, and there are rumors ep allison grodner has mutually agreed to part ways with the show, along with endemol chairman/ceo david goldberg stepping down in december. not meaning to suggest that any of these are related...

Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #700
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Feeds back. HOH Part 1 is on. Spencer is out.

It's a roller disco theme. Andy is struggling. GM looks smooth even with her broken toe and stitched up knee.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #701
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

The floor is now wet and slippery and it has changed from skating to swinging by the trapeze they are holding.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #702
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

GM wins.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #703
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
GM wins.
wow...stitches, broken toe, and wins the endurance comp. andy hurt his knee. andy better rest up for part 2, i don't like his odds if gm and spencer face off in part 3.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #704
nmiller855

It sounds like Andy won the second HOH.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #705
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
I agree with your issues with McCrae. He is likable, but really seemed to be along for the ride with Amanda. He did do his best to manage her, though. I also agree that GM is finishing strong. While I like her upbeat personality, she comes off as so stupid and coarse and has said so many reprehensible things that I don't think I can back her. Spencer seems to be the very definition of floater...I see no reason he should win. Andy is pretty crafty but it is all wrapped up in such a weasel-y cry-baby package. I think I just don't like his face. Hence, McCrae.
Couldn't agree with all you said more. I've basically now lost interest in the show. If having to pick the lesser of 3 evils it'd be Andy - except it hurts my eyes to look at him.
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #706
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
It sounds like Andy won the second HOH.
yes, and they are all secretly promising one another that they are going to the final 2 together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
If having to pick the lesser of 3 evils it'd be Andy...
i've felt the same way for a while now.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #707
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

gm couldn't resist piling on the racist comments as the final 3 continued their evicted hg bashing last night. gm made a remark about amanda keeping her "big jewish" nose out of gm's business, and when she looked over to see spencer's eye color, and couldn't, she reamrked it was "just like helen".

if gm gets any money at finale, i'll probably yell at the tv...

Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #708
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

Well now it is up to 4 that have job issues when they get out. Apparently instructor Andy has been let go lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #709
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Well now it is up to 4 that have job issues when they get out. Apparently instructor Andy has been let go lol.
Why? What did he do? Do you have linky?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #710
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
You have Aaryn and GM, who's the fourth? Spencer has a union to protect him.
brianric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #711
rahnbo

Hmm, I haven't seen it from a source I trust yet but here is gist of what's currently available in a Google News search: http://www.inquisitr.com/951974/andy...er-contestant/

I don't really care for Andy but I haven't seen the guy do anything worth getting fired over if that's true. He seems to have gone out of his way not to participate in anything that could cast him in in a bad light...other than appearing on Big Brother. (jk).
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #712
rahnbo

Weird, the way they word it they're not saying he's fired just that "Andy Herren has formerly worked for College of DuPage as a part-time instructor. He does not currently work for the College."

https://www.facebook.com/collegeofdupage

Last edited by rahnbo : 09-16-2013 at 12:18 PM.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #713
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
Weird, they way they word it they're not saying he's fired just that "Andy Herren has formerly worked for College of DuPage as a part-time instructor. He does not currently work for the College."
i read an opinion that suspected dupage constructed a cleverly worded response following a barrage of andy complaints by another houseguest's devoted online army. that explination makes sense to me, but no way to know of it's true.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #714
nmiller855

I heard Andy saying he took this semester off but would be returning to teaching in January. So technically he has worked for them but he isn't at this time. It will be interesting to see if they let him return.
I would love to see but Aaryn & Amanda's reactions to them losing their jobs becsuse of their behavior. Amanda thinking that the live feeds showed that she was a victim was an example of how delusional she can be. When she sees the argument between her & Candice during the competition I wonder if she will really watch & listen to see that she could be seen & heard making her comments when she was trying to act like she wasn't saying anything.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #715
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I heard Andy saying he took this semester off but would be returning to teaching in January. So technically he has worked for them but he isn't at this time. It will be interesting to see if they let him return.
I would love to see but Aaryn & Amanda's reactions to them losing their jobs becsuse of their behavior. Amanda thinking that the live feeds showed that she was a victim was an example of how delusional she can be. When she sees the argument between her & Candice during the competition I wonder if she will really watch & listen to see that she could be seen & heard making her comments when she was trying to act like she wasn't saying anything.
Did Amanda lose her job????

I thought it was only Aryan and Gina Marie. And now Andy...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #716
mdougie

Quote:

I thought it was only Aryan and Gina Marie. And now Andy...
I read she has been let go.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #717
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
I read she has been let go.
there was a supposed work history posted online, and it showed she hadn't really worked anywhere longer than about 6 months, last in real estate. a separate report claimed she had lost her real estate license.

i never really believed either of these stories, as they weren't widely reported or quoted by reliable sites, only posted as rumors. i suspect they were more antics by online fans of another houseguest.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #718
Tracy
Truly

It seems so lame that fans of one house guest would try to trash the real lives of other house guests just because they are in another alliance or whatever. Ridiculous!

I wonder if the racist statements and firings will be addressed in the finale in a way that confronts certain house guests. And if GinaMarie wins, will she be hailed as some wonderful person despite all the things she has said? It would be very cruel to show them a montage of things they said and then tell them that they have been fired, but is that cruelty warranted? It would be great tv.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #719
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
It seems so lame that fans of one house guest would try to trash the real lives of other house guests just because they are in another alliance or whatever. Ridiculous!

I wonder if the racist statements and firings will be addressed in the finale in a way that confronts certain house guests. And if GinaMarie wins, will she be hailed as some wonderful person despite all the things she has said? It would be very cruel to show them a montage of things they said and then tell them that they have been fired, but is that cruelty warranted? It would be great tv.
As for your first point, I totally agree. People are stupid.

However, regarding the racist statements, I don't think presenting someone with their own words and actions is cruel. They did and said the things they did and said. People need to live with the consequences of their actions. Some of the things were truly disgusting. I have ZERO sympathy for any of them.

They will either learn from this experience, grow and change - or they won't. My money is on they won't. I hope I am wrong. But in either case, you get what you deserve.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #720
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
there was a supposed work history posted online, and it showed she hadn't really worked anywhere longer than about 6 months, last in real estate. a separate report claimed she had lost her real estate license.

i never really believed either of these stories, as they weren't widely reported or quoted by reliable sites, only posted as rumors. i suspect they were more antics by online fans of another houseguest.
Ellissa super fans are a unique bunch aren't we. Also, I don't think the outrage about the racist statements is manufactured. I think it is real
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote