TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #31
thebigmo
Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

How brilliant of it of Todd to make sure he can keep Jesse around at least long enough to learn how to cook better? Can't wait to see how this finishes.
thebigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #32
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
I'm talking bout the list.
Yes, and that's exactly what I said in the post....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
What about the confessions from Jesse?
Jesse told Todd about the tape and where to find it at the house (meaning his taped confession, at Hank's house). That's what he was pleading about, as Todd was hauling him up from out of the oubliette. Presumably, all evidence of Jesse's confession is now gone.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #34
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The show is just incredible for so many little things.

The shots earlier in the episode of the phone and the knife block and Skylar answering it. Then back to it again same shot - knives and phone, but this time with Skylar getting the chef's knife out.

It would have been amusing/ironic to have Walt find a gas mask from their first cook out there as he was rolling that barrel along.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #35
MacThor
Not Pictured

jkeegan, I agree. He knew the police were there. After everything that happened he was helping Skylar.

Cranston's acting in that scene was unbelievable. Growling at Skyler with all of the wrath of Heisenberg, while tears are streaming and his glasses fog up because he is heartbroken.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #36
GoPackGo

So... Who destroys and spray paints the White residence?
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #37
Beryl

I'm so floored by this episode that I couldn't watch Low Winter Sun -- a show I enjoy.

I expected both Skylar and Jesse to die episode and glad they are still alive -- same for the Native American who sold his truck. Walt is a bastard even though he did set up Skylar as seeming to be a victim.

Now the Aryans have those millions to spend.

Meth Damon is smarter than I thought.

The one good thing about this episode is that more people know about Walt now. I hope Todd and crew are discovered. Maybe Walt will do something about that.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #38
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'm so floored by this episode that I couldn't watch Low Winter Sun -- a show I enjoy.

I expected both Skylar and Jesse to die episode and glad they are still alive -- same for the Native American who sold his truck. Walt is a bastard even though he did set up Skylar as seeming to be a victim.

Now the Aryans have those millions to spend.

Meth Damon is smarter than I thought.

The one good thing about this episode is that more people know about Walt now. I hope Todd and crew are discovered. Maybe Walt will do something about that.

Walt is coming back for the rest of his money.

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #39
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
So... Who destroys and spray paints the White residence?
Flynn.

That was a really great play by Todd (convincing Jack to spare Jesse). Now he's got Jesse as a "cook slave" and can take all the credit with Lydia.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #40
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

The gas mask was found very early on by Hank, so it couldn't have been there.

At least we now have an idea of what the M60's for!

and...

Holy Cr@p!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #41
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

I need to know what happened between Marie telling Skyler to go home and Walt junior calling 911. I lost about 6 minutes of my recording to a power failure.

kdonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #42
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
Seriously? I figured people here would get it..

He did that for her. Of course he knew the police were there (he heard Walt Jr call them - that's why he fled alone). He called and yelled at her, giving her an out. He let her appear at least somewhat innocent (even if complicit to an extent). He yelled at her, and told her that she didn't obey him. He painted himself as the sole bad guy, to save his family.
That is what I understood as well. Skyler definitely caught on during the call.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
The gas mask was found very early on by Hank, so it couldn't have been there.
I know that, but still, it would have been interesting...

Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #44
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Sepinwall's take on tonight's episode. And he expounds a bit more on Heisenberg's performance on the phone to Skylar.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #45
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wonder if Lydia comes back. She has met Jesse before. She will know it's him cooking and not Todd.

Poor Jesse, early in the show it was the left side of his face beat up and swollen, now it's the right side. How can he still look so adorable after all that! but he does!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #46
farleyruskz
Nunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
It would have been amusing/ironic to have Walt find a gas mask from their first cook out there as he was rolling that barrel along.
Screencaps are going around on Twitter showing that Walt's lost pants from episode 1 may have made an appearance tonight:

http://twitter.com/BrBaQuotes/status...552768/photo/1
farleyruskz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #47
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonnel View Post
I need to know what happened between Marie telling Skyler to go home and Walt junior calling 911. I lost about 6 minutes of my recording to a power failure.
A lot.

Knife fight!!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #48
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
Flynn. That was a really great play by Todd (convincing Jack to spare Jesse). Now he's got Jesse as a "cook slave" and can take all the credit with Lydia.
A better play would have been to take his share of the $70 mil and retire to Belize (the real one, not the figurative one). Why keep cooking, now? Because he's sweet on Lydia?
| Twitter:
Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #49
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

Quote:
A lot.

Knife fight!!
I need more detail!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHertz67 View Post
My wife, who does not watch, kept walking into the room and talking to me. I would pause, politely answer whatever question was, and go back to the show. The fifth time she came in was when Flynn was calling the cops. I paused the TiVo and gave her the Heisenberg death glare and didn't answer her question. She got mad at me and said I was the jerk.
With me, it was the kids. Most shows, we just wait until the kids are in bed, and watch whatever until they're there, but I like to watch BB live. I told them, do not bother us for the next hour, we're watching our TV show. OK, Dad, they say.

* 9-year-old was still working on her dinner (she's the slow to eat one), and I gave up waiting and started watching 20 minutes after it was recording. 5 minutes later, she said she wasn't hungry, so we put her to bed early.
* 11-year-old wanted chocolate milk
* 11-year-old couldn't handle making chocolate milk, so my wife told him no
* 11-year-old made chocolate milk anyway, got in trouble, and got sent to his room
* 9-year-old claims her boobies hurt (I KID YOU NOT)
* 11-year-old runs out to tell me he found the "Makin' Bacon Pancakes" episode of Adventure Time
* 7-year-old wants to know what "preaching a sermon" is (it's mentioned in a book she's reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
When he took Holly and they put up the Amber Alert, my first thought was that Walt's amazingly stupid now, he'll have EVERYONE after him now. Of course that could still be in play, since even though he dropped off Holly, they'll still be on the warpath after him.

It'll be interesting to see how far he gets before being pulled back. Otherwise we don't have two more episodes. :P

Does Bryan Cranston have it written in his contract that he has to be in his tidy whiteys in every one of the final 8?

The flashback was cool, but Jesse is noticeably older. It reminded me of Richie Ryan on the Highlander series.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #51
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farleyruskz View Post
Screencaps are going around on Twitter showing that Walt's lost pants from episode 1 may have made an appearance tonight: http://twitter.com/BrBaQuotes/status...552768/photo/1
Chekhov's Pants
| Twitter:
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Sepinwall's take on tonight's episode
The comment about Skylar's despair rang true. I was thinking as she chased the truck, "that is how a mother responds to someone taking her child away!" (The reason many of us NEVER believed Susan Smith's BS story.) Anna is another actor who did a terrific job tonight.

Looking forward to a debriefing during "Talking Bad".

Last edited by Beryl : 09-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #53
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Skylar drives home with Holly and Flynn. Flynn is pissed about the whole thing. They get to the house. See the pickup truck. Skylar wonders who it is. They go in and see Walt. Walt tells them to pack and get out with him RIGHT NOW> They ask about Hank. Where is hank? Blah blah blah.

Skyler gets a knife. goes after Walt. They have a knife fight. Flynn gets involved. Breaks it up. He starts to call 911. Hank gets outta there with Holly

Record another showing and watch it.

Good stuff.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #54
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I was amazed that, with every law enforcement official looking for Walt, he was able to sit on the side of a street with bags (and a barrel full of money) and NOT be noticed....in broad daylight. I don't know how long he was there, but it had to be awhile since Holly was dropped off at night, and he was picked up during daylight...
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #55
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

Quote:
Skylar drives home with Holly and Flynn. Flynn is pissed about the whole thing. They get to the house. See the pickup truck. Skylar wonders who it is. They go in and see Walt. Walt tells them to pack and get out with him RIGHT NOW> They ask about Hank. Where is hank? Blah blah blah.

Skyler gets a knife. goes after Walt. They have a knife fight. Flynn gets involved. Breaks it up. He starts to call 911. Hank gets outta there with Holly

Record another showing and watch it.

Good stuff.
Thanks.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #56
brianric

Quote:
Encore presentation is after Talking Bad.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #57
JohnB1000

Great stuff. I just can't believe people didn't understand Walt's call.

Jesse said no one else knows but Marie knows plenty and it can't be that easy to raid a cops house and steal stuff right after he is suspected to be murdered.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #58
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Why did Skylar believe Marie's story at the car wash at face value and confess everything? Marie could have easily been playing her. She should have said I want to speak to Walt or Hank before I tell you or Flynn anything.

When Walt took his baby with him I told my wife he was taking the baby to help get Skylar off the hook, she said I didn't know what I was talking about and he took the baby as a hostage. I love being right once in a while

If a mother grabs he baby and runs out of the house would they do an Amber alert?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #59
BradJW

If the mother was a murderer and a drug kingpin, probably.
BradJW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #60
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
If the mother was a murderer and a drug kingpin, probably.
And had a son who claimed she pulled a knife on them before taking the child, definitely.

Edited - Dean Norris (Hank) actually mentioned his "Under the Dome" gig during "Talking Bad".