I've got a very old version of PyTiVo running on my WIN media server. This is the setup I've used for ages to host Playon on my TiVos.
I just recently upgraded to a Roamio Basic and today when trying to pull a locally stored movie from that server I realized my setup must no longer work. Everything looks fine and dandy, it's just after I set up the movie to transfer that nothing happens. I can see the files, I can choose the files, and they show up in my TiVo's to-do list just fine. There's just a break down somewhere that's causing the files not to actually transfer.
I also tried to push the same file from the PyTiVo web interface to no avail.
Not sure where the breakdown is. I have another instance of PyTiVo running on a Mac in another part of the house that works just fine. I can push/pull whatever. However it's a newer version of PyTiVo and I can't get it to see the drives on my network that store all my media files and it's not set up for Playon so it's worthless to me for this instance.