TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #5731
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I've only recently discovered using the Remote section of KMTTG, and it's amazing. I can't believe I never played with it before. For example: being able to go through my To Do list and quickly add buffer to the end of recordings is significantly easier than doing it on the TiVo itself. And really, that's an understatement. What takes 3 minutes in KMTTG would take half an hour on the actual box.

KMTTG Wishlist #1: a way to select multiple recordings and set options to all of them at once (i.e. add 5 minutes to every recording).

KMTTG Wishlist #2: an "undo" button for when we accidentally right-click and choose Cancel instead of Modify.... whoops
Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #5732
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Does yours work that way? Mines won't process "other things" because the active job limit is maxed and all the allowed cores are dedicated to encoding.

I've looked at the two step process with a fresh mind and think it's workable. I'll just have to set up folders to keep track of the steps and will probably take the time to do all step 1... Then come back later, reset the settings and do step 2. That's the beauty of a 2TB drive in the Tivo, you don't have to rush to remove the shows...
Mine processes two jobs at once, so when it is encoding two files, it does not make progress on the other jobs. Encoding is the most time consuming of the steps.

I use a two stage process for the files I transfer off the Tivo. The first stage I set up as auto transfers which download, metadata, qsfix, and ad detect shows. This leaves me with .mpg, .txt, & .vprj files for each show. When I get around to stage 2 which is usually the next day. I open each .vprj file and review the detected cuts making tweaks as necessary. Then I select the .mpg file in kmttg and start stage 2 process, which does adcut, captions, encode and runs a custom script.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #5733
keenanSR

I just updated to Java Version 7 Update 40 and the Remote functions no longer work, I get an error that says,

RemoteInt - (IP=middlemind.tivo.com, port=443): java security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints

I also tried on previous version kmttg v0p9l and same problem. The rest of the functions seem to work fine.
keenanSR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #5734
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenanSR View Post
I just updated to Java Version 7 Update 40 and the Remote functions no longer work, I get an error that says,

RemoteInt - (IP=middlemind.tivo.com, port=443): java security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints

I also tried on previous version kmttg v0p9l and same problem. The rest of the functions seem to work fine.
Yep, another user filed a ticket on this problem yesterday. Luckily I managed to find a workaround to the problem via code that is part of next release. In the meantime if you really want to use latest version of Java the workaround is:
Edit java.security file that is part of the installation, for example on Windows:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\security\java.security

Then look for this line:
jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024

comment it out like this:
#jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024

Now re-start kmttg and Remote functions should work again.

(With next kmttg release this workaround won't be necessary as kmttg does the equivalent to the above in code).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #5735
keenanSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yep, another user filed a ticket on this problem yesterday. Luckily I managed to find a workaround to the problem via code that is part of next release. In the meantime if you really want to use latest version of Java the workaround is:
Edit java.security file that is part of the installation, for example on Windows:

Then look for this line:

(With next kmttg release this workaround won't be necessary as kmttg does the equivalent to the above in code).
I'll wait for the next release, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something wrong at my end, thanks!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #5736
R_Lawson

W7Pro 64bit with Java 7 U40, KMTTG v1p0e and win32 tools v0p9s.
I didn't have any luck with commenting out the certificate line even with multiple clean installs and reboots. KMTTG appears to work correctly except for the remote functions.
R_Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #5737
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lawson View Post

W7Pro 64bit with Java 7 U40, KMTTG v1p0e and win32 tools v0p9s.
I didn't have any luck with commenting out the certificate line even with multiple clean installs and reboots. KMTTG appears to work correctly except for the remote functions.
Try setting it to empty value instead of commenting out. i.e.:
jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=
(Note that you need to re-start kmttg after changing java.security file if you are not doing so).
Also, you need to edit and save file with Administrator permissions since it's under protected area of Windows.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #5738
keenanSR

Quote:

Then look for this line:

I decided to go ahead and do the edit. Restarted kmttg and it works great, thanks again!

Reading the file was kind of a pain as the text just wraps around continuously but I did a Find with the whole string and it worked like a charm.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #5739
cherry ghost

Is there anyway to automatically change the originalAirDate time in the metadata? Say from T00:00:00Z to T06:00:00Z?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #5740
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Is there anyway to automatically change the originalAirDate time in the metadata? Say from T00:00:00Z to T06:00:00Z?
To what end?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #5741
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
To what end?
Showing the correct date in iTunes.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #5742
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Showing the correct date in iTunes.
I understand completely. The issue is that iTunes (and pyTivo for display purposes) treats the OAD as a full GMT timestamp so it gets adjusted to the local timezone. That's why I run a modified version of pyTivoMetaThis that sets the OAD time to 23:00:00. Of course, that doesn't help in this case, since it is coming from the TiVo.

If a time is going to be set, I would suggest using a time later than 06:00:00 as that would still result in the wrong day being displayed for at least half of NA. Then again, anyone in Australia has the opposite problem.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #5743
markp99
TakoKichi

Two Quick Questions:

1. What encoding profile is recommended for moving recordings from one TiVo to another?

2. Are AdDetect & AdCut required to be used together - only?
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #5744
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Two Quick Questions:

1. What encoding profile is recommended for moving recordings from one TiVo to another?

2. Are AdDetect & AdCut required to be used together - only?
1. Don't encode at all - leave as .TiVo or .mpg
2. No

Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #5745
sar840t2

Firstly, thanks to moyekj for kmttg - I just started using it last night to download, decrypt, and encode some shows to .TiVo, then .mpg, then to MP4 (it's still chugging away while I'm at work). Very nice work!

As a separate project, I would also like to be able to get DVD VOB files (already decrypted) into a .TiVo file. To complicate matters I would like the resulting .TiVo file to either include the Closed Captions, or the English subtitles track burned in (I know the standalone version of handbrake can burn a subtitles track).

I'd rather not use .mp4 as an interim file type and then have TiVo Desktop (or kmttg?) re-encode on the fly when I copy such shows to the TiVo for playback.

Can kmttg do this? Any pointers?

Thanks ... Mike
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #5746
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
Firstly, thanks to moyekj for kmttg - I just started using it last night to download, decrypt, and encode some shows to .TiVo, then .mpg, then to MP4 (it's still chugging away while I'm at work). Very nice work!

As a separate project, I would also like to be able to get DVD VOB files (already decrypted) into a .TiVo file. To complicate matters I would like the resulting .TiVo file to either include the Closed Captions, or the English subtitles track burned in (I know the standalone version of handbrake can burn a subtitles track).

I'd rather not use .mp4 as an interim file type and then have TiVo Desktop (or kmttg?) re-encode on the fly when I copy such shows to the TiVo for playback.

Thanks ... Mike
Might I ask why you want them in .tivo form?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #5747
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post

Thanks ... Mike
For pointers on using handbrake or ffmpeg to burn in subs (after you generate a captions file using ccextractor):
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...80#post9771080

You don't need it to be .TiVo to transfer to a TiVo. A .mpg (mpeg2) file is fine.

So for example you can make a custom encoding profile for kmttg such as ff_dvd_sub.enc with following contents:
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg2 with hardcoded subs from .srt file

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -i SRTFILE -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy -fflags genpts -f dvd OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mpeg
So the steps would be (assuming you have ccextractor setup in kmttg already):
1. After creating above profile in kmttg "encode" folder start kmttg and select it as the encoding profile to use.
2. From kmttg FILES tab add your DVD file and enable "captions" and "encode" tasks.

That way the "captions" task will create the .srt file used in the "encode" task.

Now you can transfer the resulting .mpeg file with hard subs to a TiVo using TD or pyTivo.

NOTE: ffmpeg remux with hard subs may have A/V sync issues, so if you have VideoRedo then you should also use "QS Fix" task to clean up the original DVD file before the "captions" and "encode" tasks are run.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-17-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #5748
sar840t2

lpwcomp - I assumed that was the format needed to send it back to the TiVo.

moyekj - thanks, I will take a closer look at this tonight.
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #5749
markp99
TakoKichi

Sorry for the noob question...

Using KMTTG, I have successfully moved a recording off my Premier. How do I now push that file to my Roamio?

I can see both units, and the .TiVO file. I'm sure I am missing something obvious!

Thanks in advance!
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #5750
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Sorry for the noob question...

Using KMTTG, I have successfully moved a recording off my Premier. How do I now push that file to my Roamio?

I can see both units, and the .TiVO file. I'm sure I am missing something obvious!

Thanks in advance!
KMTTG uses PyTivo to push. You cannot send back using KMTTG alone. Either Tivo Desktop or PyTivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #5751
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
For pointers on using handbrake or ffmpeg to burn in subs (after you generate a captions file using ccextractor):

So the steps would be (assuming you have ccextractor setup in kmttg already):
1. After creating above profile in kmttg "encode" folder start kmttg and select it as the encoding profile to use.
2. From kmttg FILES tab add your DVD file and enable "captions" and "encode" tasks.

That way the "captions" task will create the .srt file used in the "encode" task.

Now you can transfer the resulting .mpeg file with hard subs to a TiVo using TD or pyTivo.

NOTE: ffmpeg remux with hard subs may have A/V sync issues, so if you have VideoRedo then you should also use "QS Fix" task to clean up the original DVD file before the "captions" and "encode" tasks are run.
I doubt I got KMTTG set right on ccextractor.

Code:
>> Running ccextractor on I:\Video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpg ...
e:\kmttg\ccextractorwin.exe "I:\Video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpg" 
Saved 1 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
ccextractor job completed: 0:00:08
---DONE--- job=captions output=i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.srt
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_dvd_sub' TO FILE i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpeg ...
Failed to start command: genpts -f dvd "i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpeg" 
Cannot run program "genpts": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #5752
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I doubt I got KMTTG set right on ccextractor.

Code:
>> Running ccextractor on I:\Video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpg ...
e:\kmttg\ccextractorwin.exe "I:\Video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpg" 
ccextractor job completed: 0:00:08
---DONE--- job=captions output=i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.srt
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_dvd_sub' TO FILE i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpeg ...
Failed to start command: genpts -f dvd "i:\video\I Dream of Jeannie - 130 - I'll Never Forget What's Her Name.mpeg" 
Cannot run program "genpts": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Looking at the above error message seems to me like your are missing FFMPEG keyword in your encoding profile, and perhaps some other things. i.e. If you copied/pasted from my post above looks like you are missing pieces of it.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #5753
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Looking at the above error message seems to me like your are missing FFMPEG keyword in your encoding profile, and perhaps some other things. i.e. If you copied/pasted from my post above looks like you are missing pieces of it.
CCExtractor did not seem to produce the .srt file to begin with.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 09-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #5754
moyekj

Quote:
CCExtractor did not seem to produce the .srt file to begin with.
You should run mediainfo on the mpeg file to see if it even has captions. Note, if you are using ProjectX for QS Fix it strips out captions, so shouldn't be used when you want captions processing.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #5755
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
You should run mediainfo on the mpeg file to see if it even has captions. Note, if you are using ProjectX for QS Fix it strips out captions, so shouldn't be used when you want captions processing.
I use VRD QSF. I am trying again with a different video.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #5756
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Code:
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_dvd_sub' TO FILE i:\video\Undercover Boss -  -  - ONeill Clothing 2013.02.22-20.00.mpeg ...
Failed to start command: genpts -f dvd "i:\video\Undercover Boss -  -  - ONeill Clothing 2013.02.22-20.00.mpeg" 
Got this for trying to encode captions.

Looks like its trying to find .MPEG file instead of MPG.

ff_dvd_sub.enc
Code:
<description>

# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -i SRTFILE -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy -fflags
 genpts -f dvd OUTPUT

<extension>
mpeg

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 09-16-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #5757
moyekj

Quote:
Code:
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_dvd_sub' TO FILE i:\video\Undercover Boss -  -  - ONeill Clothing 2013.02.22-20.00.mpeg ...
Failed to start command: genpts -f dvd "i:\video\Undercover Boss -  -  - ONeill Clothing 2013.02.22-20.00.mpeg" 
Got this for trying to encode captions.

Looks like its trying to find .MPEG file instead of MPG.

ff_dvd_sub.enc
Code:
<description>

<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -i SRTFILE -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy -fflags
 genpts -f dvd OUTPUT

<extension>
mpeg
It looks like your problem is that starting at "genpts" it's a new line in your file. The whole command should be 1 line, not 2.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #5758
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
It looks like your problem is that starting at "genpts" it's a new line in your file. The whole command should be 1 line, not 2.
I concatenated the 2 lines, but the same problem keeps popping up. It keeps looking for .MPEG file instead of .MPG.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #5759
moyekj

Quote:
I concatenated the 2 lines, but the same problem keeps popping up. It keeps looking for .MPEG file instead of .MPG.
The output file will have .mpeg suffix (which I named intentionally to avoid conflict with the input .mpg file). Post the full error you are getting now after you did the concat fix. Also remember you have to refresh kmttg encoding profiles after editing the file, or re-start kmttg else it won't see the change. Should work after that.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #5760
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
The output file will have .mpeg suffix (which I named intentionally to avoid conflict with the input .mpg file). Post the full error you are getting now after you did the concat fix. Also remember you have to refresh kmttg encoding profiles after editing the file, or re-start kmttg else it won't see the change. Should work after that.
I changed "-f dvd" to "-f mpg" and the video file shrank to 50k, essentially ruined it. I reset that back. The line following "<extension>" is now "mpg" and that seems to take.

Luckily, I used a video file that I didn't mind ruining.

I am currently trying on another file I have.

Code:
>> Running ccextractor on I:\Video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg ...
e:\kmttg\ccextractorwin.exe "I:\Video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg" 
ccextractor job completed: 0:05:20
---DONE--- job=captions output=i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.srt
OVERWRITING EXISTING FILE: i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_dvd_sub' TO FILE i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg ...
E:\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -y -i "I:\Video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg" -i "i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.srt" -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy -fflags genpts -f dvd "i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg" 
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
encoding job completed: 0:00:01
---DONE--- job=encode output=i:\video\Undercover Boss - 404 -  - Kampgrounds of America 2013.01.11-20.00.mpg
Video file is now 50k size. There does not seem to be any error this time.

ff_dvd_sub.enc
Code:
<description>

<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -i SRTFILE -scodec mov_text -acodec copy -vcodec copy -fflags genpts -f DVD OUTPUT

<extension>
mpg

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~