TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Heinrich

Different internet / video provider

My dad has Cox video and FIOS internet - for various reasons. The Premiere XL4 has a wireless adaptor to FIOS. Can I install the Moca adaptors between this XL4 and a Mini - and would the XL4 be smart enough to share video through Moca and still use the wireless adaptor to FIOS for Tivo and guide updates?
Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
jmpage2

MoCA on the XL4 (and Roamio) is just a bridge in the configuration you describe. All it does is take whatever internet connection the "host" device has (in this case your wi-fi adapter) and extends it over coax to all the devices.

I can't see any reason that it would not work, as long as whatever router handles things on the FIOS end is able to handle the additional DHCP address needs of the Minis.

The only glitch would be if wired Ethernet is required in order to bridge to MoCA in case you would need to run an ethernet cable from the XL4 to the FIOS router and ditch the WiFi.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Heinrich

Cool, thanks
Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote