TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Rkkeller

Now way to many shows to watch......

I do really like my new Roamio and think it is by far the best TiVo to date, but with the extra tuners and 3TB HD I am now getting so many recordings I will never be able to watch everything.

I have well over 100 sp's and before with only 2 tuners must have had a lot of conflits so I could keep up with everything. Now I have pages and pages and pages of recordings.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Philmatic

First World Problems :P

Seriously though, I would trim down my SP list significantly. I can't imagine you actually like that many shows? I'm a TV nut, and between my Wife and I we only have 30 SPs. And that includes old rerun shows like Friends and Seinfeld that we like to keep around in case we want to watch an episode or two.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
series5orpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
First World Problems :P

Seriously though, I would trim down my SP list significantly.
That's always been my challenge, even with just a Premiere, and now it's exacerbated. I sample new shows to determine if they're SP-worthy and can never make up my mind so I keep watching one more episode and one more episode and one more episode until I effectively commit to the SP. But I don't want to spend my whole life watching TV so with the natural time constraints something has to give.
series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
mattack

I record way more than I can watch too, but one suggestion I have:

Download "decent" shows to an external computer drive or NAS if you have one.. Then you can EASILY have enough stuff to watch all the way through summer, where there is *less* new stuff on.. (though of course, the last 10 years or so, there have been summer series on some cable networks, plus some reality shows.. But still, there's generally less new stuff on during the summer.) Recording a ton and saving it means "it's new to you" all year round.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Rkkeller

With just 39% used on my 3TB HD, I have 12 pages of shows to wade thru.

Only really the top 50 or so I care about (about 10 are SP's for football on all the channels), the rest are just fillers like the old Batman from the 50-60's, Gilligan's Island, some of the Food/Bar rescue shows, some strange things like Tosh/Ridiculousness/Silent Library, etc.....

With just 2 tuners before a lot of this conflicted and never recorded, now just about everything records. I guess its a good thing though.

This weekend I will try to cut my SP's down a lot. I am upto 136 now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (43.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Rkkeller

Top 10 SP's. I think Big Brother is ending so that can come off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (35.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
aaronwt
HD Addict

Those were all at the bottom of my list. I had to move the football SPs up a few slots because I had several days with conflicts so they wouldn't record.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Rkkeller

I posted about this in the "Coffee House" forum so people can post their top 10's.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller View Post
I posted about this in the "Coffee House" forum so people can post their top 10's.
It has been so long since I didn't have more tuners than what I needed I haven't bothered to prioritize my lists. I added shows by network (I am OTA so in my mind only 6 networks to deal with) to one DVR or the other (had over 30 SP on each DVR) but never saw a time slot where more than 4 shows were recording at once, so this year I have moved everything to my new Roamio and will see how that works out along with transferring the overflow to my computer. I did have 5.25 TBs of storage in my 3 old DVRs (some shows have been hanging around for years) but I do have 5 TBs in 2 computers so I should be ok with just the stock Roamio. If all works out I will have 3 TiVos for sale sometime next year (just need to figure out what to do with all those old shows ).
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote