Originally Posted by aaronwt
The Slingbox uses remote code 0, or at least mine does. Or is there a way to get the Slingbox to use a remote code that isn't the universal code?
I put these slingbox .bin files together a really long time ago.
They can support unit id 1-6.
This was for original S3 and Slingbox Pro. I don't know if they still work, but probably. It is easy to try them (at least it was on the older software)
I think the PC client uploads the configured remote config .bin file to the slingbox unit because all the mobile clients I've ever used automatically had the correct unit IDs.
The latest Slingbox mobile clients on Android are annoying in that they have buttons labeled page/channel up and page/channel down in the UI but they map them to Thumbs up/down. You'll be in the program guide trying to skip pages and find that you are thumb up/down'ing everything. The mappings were correct in the Slingbox 1.3 mobile client.
One other thing with using custom remote IDs, never leave a unit on the System Information page. If you need to look at that page, immediately exit that page when you are done. Otherwise, while on that page, if TiVo encounters another remote ID it will now only respond to that remote ID.
I used to forget this and because I have 2 S3 units in the same cabinet, I would end up making both units respond to the same remote, which is a real pain, because it would happen to me while I was diagnosing issues remotely and couldn't cover the IR receptor to get them back in sync.
I no longer view the System Information page remotely for that reason and more importantly because of the stupid TiVo hangs forever on System Information bug. I can never trust that page when I'm using TiVo remotely and can't pull the plug to reset.