TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
BigBillTolbert

Stream to iPad to TV via HDMI

I have TiVo stream set up and working and it works great. The specs say that TiVo stream supports 1080i and 1080p. What I can't figure out is if I buy a lightning to HDMI adapter, what resolution will go to the TV.

My goal is to be able to take a TV out on the deck and rather than run a cable out to it and a cable box, I hope to use the iPad over wireless and just buy the lightning to HDMI adapter.

Just don't want to drop $50 on the adapter if it's not capable.
BigBillTolbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
jjd_87

You can't do this without jailbreaking your iPad.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
BigBillTolbert

Rats. I have a TiVo mini that I can drag out on the deck, but then I have to run a ethernet cable out there. At that point I could just run a coax and a cable box.
BigBillTolbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillTolbert View Post
Rats. I have a TiVo mini that I can drag out on the deck, but then I have to run a ethernet cable out there. At that point I could just run a coax and a cable box.
You could use a WiFi bridge instead. If you get a good signal you should be able to sustain a single stream just fine. And a lot of the new bridges are powered by USB, so you don't even need power except for the Mini itself.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Austin Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
You could use a WiFi bridge instead. If you get a good signal you should be able to sustain a single stream just fine. And a lot of the new bridges are powered by USB, so you don't even need power except for the Mini itself.
What is the distance? I used a wireless HDMI and HDMI splitter off a Tivo HD to get tivo out to my screen porch. More recently it has become my kitchen tivo. You are mirroring so it isn't a replacement for a mini, but it does the job.
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote