~kyle

Do you mean this page?

http://www.tivo.com/my-account/tips-and-tricks

and this:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...remote%20codes
~kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #272
az1097

Is there a complete list of these codes to be accessed easily?
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #273
Schmye Bubbula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
10. Shortcuts
Backdoor mode not required, listed here for completeness.

TiVo 0 - Plays the TiVo guy boot movie
TiVo 1 - Goes to the Now Playing list. (in 2.5, goes to the Season Pass Manager)
TiVo 2 - Goes to the To Do list.
TiVo 3 - Goes to Wishlists (in 2.x+)
TiVo 4 - Goes to the "Browse By Name" screen.
TiVo 5 - Goes to the "Browse By Channel" screen in 1.3, and to "LiveTV" in 2.0. No, nobody knows why they changed it. They changed it back to "Browse by Channel" for 2.5 though.
TiVo 6 - Goes to the "Browse By Time" screen.
TiVo 7 - Goes to the "Record Time/Channel" screen (manual record).
TiVo 8 - Goes to the "TiVo's Suggestions" screen.
TiVo 9 - Goes to the "Network Showcases" screen.
TiVo TiVo - Goes to the Now Playing List (in 2.x+)
TiVo Slow (4.0 only) - Goes to "Messages and Setup"
This week I bought a Roamio after a great nine-year run with a couple of Series 2 boxes; really got my money's worth!
Everything is wonderful except two frustrations:
1) The loss of the numeric shortcuts 5 & 6 on the remote control for Find by Time & Find by Channel. Is there any other shortcut or backdoor way to get that functionality back? I use them several times a day, and it's a real pain to have to dig through menus to get at them each time. (Buttons 7, 8 & 9 apparently are currently unused.)
2) Purely cosmetic, but I really miss the old TiVo GUI. Is there any backdoor way of getting it back?

Last edited by Schmye Bubbula : 02-01-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Schmye Bubbula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #274
cwb3106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmye Bubbula View Post
...2) Purely cosmetic, but I really miss the old TiVo GUI. Is there any backdoor way of getting it back?
Would you settle for a front door way? In Settings -> Displays there is an option to change the TiVo menus. Select the SD menus. Then the TiVo will use the old GUI, including the shortcuts.
cwb3106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #275
Schmye Bubbula

Thanks for the reply, cwb3106!
In my Roamio TCD846500, Settings > Displays only offers the following:
– Closed Captioning
– Lights on the Front of the DVR
– Customize Discovery Bar
– Video Window
...but nowhere in any of them do I see anything about changing the TiVo menus. And I'm not seeing anything in the other Settings menus, either. Am I missing something?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #276
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
No, I think cwb3106 is wrong. On the new Roamio, I don't believe the old TiVo GUI is an option at all, via any front or back door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #277
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb3106 View Post
Would you settle for a front door way? In Settings -> Displays there is an option to change the TiVo menus. Select the SD menus. Then the TiVo will use the old GUI, including the shortcuts.
The Roamios never had the SD option, and one of the last updates removed it from the Premiere line.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #278
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
one of the last updates removed it from the Premiere line.
Which one? I am up to date (I think?) with 20.3.8-01-2-746 on a lifetimed Premiere and the option to switch to SD menus still exists.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #279
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Which one? I am up to date (I think?) with 20.3.8-01-2-746 on a lifetimed Premiere and the option to switch to SD menus still exists.
You're correct. Just tried it, and that option still exists on my Elite. Seems odd the same OpVer (20.3.8) has a difference like this.

I think what I may be remembering is when I first hooked the Mini up to it, it required me to switch to the HDUI. I don't know whether that is still true or not.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #280
Schmye Bubbula

I wonder whether the SD menus are really still in there with Roamio, and only a secret backdoor/key combination remains to be discovered.

Last edited by Schmye Bubbula : 02-03-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #281
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Seems odd the same OpVer (20.3.8) has a difference like this.
I don't understand what you mean by this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmye Bubbula View Post
I wonder whether the SD menus are really still in there with the Premiere & Roamio, and only a secret backdoor/key combination remains to be discovered.
Please read the last few posts - the Premiere's setting for the SD menus is still there as an available, front-facing option.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #282
Schmye Bubbula

Right you are. Off to edit my message to wonder only about the Roamio.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #283
Schmye Bubbula

After a week now under my belt with my new Roamio, I'm delighted to discover that complete functionality of Find by Time & Find by Channel are now combined in the Program Guide, and not only is it of course instantly accessible with a keypress, it's also actually easier for me to use than Find by Time & Find by Channel. What did the trick was the addition of advancing forward or backward by one day with each press of the Advance or Replay keys, which wasn't available on my old Series2. Oh, I'm one happy camper now!

Last edited by Schmye Bubbula : 02-08-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #284
Schmye Bubbula

I found in another post elsewhere here a code that switches from the HD menus to the SD menus, at least with a model back in 2012:
Quote:
When on HD, hit Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Pause, Pause. It'll switch to SD. To get back to HD you'll have to get to settings though.
For the hell of it, I tried it on my Roamio and it sounded a bong and went into a "One Moment..." screen, but returned right back to the HD menus. So I guess the secret command is still in there, but the SD menus have really been removed from the Roamios.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #285
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
What model TiVos are there that have the SD option, but need a "secret code" to enable it? As far as I know, if the SD menus are available, there's a front-facing setting in the menu to enable it. (IOW, that code might make it faster to switch, but the menu setting remains.)

I don't believe I've ever heard of any TiVo that still had the option for SD menus but that the menu setting to activate it was removed.