TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #331
Numb And Number2
Registered User
 
Numb And Number2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Todd's lovesickness to Lydia is going to come into play at some point. They're not doing all this creepy Todd stuff for no reason. Of all the little threads, this is the one that I'm most excited about and am betting a lot of dominos will fall because of that one thread...
I'm thinking Todd will take out his perceived rival; Jessie.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #332
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony
 
Marco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Capital of the Free World
Posts: 20,418
I will be disappointed if the show's final showdown is NOT between Walt and Jesse. Thus, I don't want Jesse to be dead in this firefight.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #333
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,161
Final episode...

Cranston's Malcolm in the Middle character wakes up and find it was all a bad dream!


__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #334
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Final episode...

Cranston's Malcolm in the Middle character wakes up and find it was all a bad dream!

That was pretty funny, the first couple of times.

The past few hundred, not so much...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #335
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
That was pretty funny, the first couple of times.

The past few hundred, not so much...
Ugh...really...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #336
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
I will be disappointed if the show's final showdown is NOT between Walt and Jesse. Thus, I don't want Jesse to be dead in this firefight.
When people were predicting Jesse's demise in an earlier thread I said the same. I really believe the scenes AFTER the flash forward are going to involve Jesse, this show is about the two of them more than any other relationship.
__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #337
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,318
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
When people were predicting Jesse's demise in an earlier thread I said the same. I really believe the scenes AFTER the flash forward are going to involve Jesse, this show is about the two of them more than any other relationship.
Yes.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #338
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,370
The Better Call Saul spinoff has been given the go ahead (sorry if that's a spoiler).

I can't see it working. Saul is the perfect character for small doses.
__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #339
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,318
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
The Better Call Saul spinoff has been given the go ahead (sorry if that's a spoiler).

I can't see it working. Saul is the perfect character for small doses.
Yay!!

I hope they just do it right. A little humor, a little drama and a couple stories to play with. Sort of like The Office?
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #340
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,370
You mean The Office when it featured Bob Odenkirk

Bob Office

__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #341
Archangel00
Registered User
 
Archangel00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Gomez did not pick up Walt's gun. At least on screen.

EDIT:

Going frame by frame, Gomez does have a revolver, and he is unloading it. But that video segment seems like an anomaly. Gomez has his shotgun on his back, but he was supposed to be covering Walt for Hank. And Walt dropped his revolver way back across the field, so there was no time for Gomez to go get it. I think the showrunners screwed up.
AH! Great catch there. Looks like they may have actually filmed him collecting the revolver, then cut out that part in post production. Likely due to time constraints.

Anyway my main point was there is some potential for a Jesse/Todd "face off" to take place in some form or fashion at some point before all is said and done.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #342
Dan203
Super Moderator
 
Dan203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Nevada
Posts: 25,654
Looked to me like Jesse was going to slink out of the car and run away. The car he was in was far enough away from the shooting that it was probably a safe thing to do.

Also as soon as I heard the conversation between Hank and his wife I said to myself "Hank is going to die". It had the feel of a final conversation.
__________________
Dan Haddix
Super Moderator
Developer for VideoReDo
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #343
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User
 
tivoboyjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
The Better Call Saul spinoff has been given the go ahead (sorry if that's a spoiler).

I can't see it working. Saul is the perfect character for small doses.
I'm looking forward to it! It could be great - I love Saul. I'll definitely give it a chance.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #344
Dan203
Super Moderator
 
Dan203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Nevada
Posts: 25,654
I think Saul is one of the more annoying characters in the show.* He plays a good sleazeball, but I couldn't imagine a good show being based around him. I guess we'll see.

* The most annoying one being Skyler.
__________________
Dan Haddix
Super Moderator
Developer for VideoReDo
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #345
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
I'll check it out, but I don't have high hopes...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #346
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,966
I think if the Better Call Saul spinoff show is more lighthearted and funny (30 minutes) it would work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Todd's lovesickness to Lydia is going to come into play at some point. They're not doing all this creepy Todd stuff for no reason. Of all the little threads, this is the one that I'm most excited about and am betting a lot of dominos will fall because of that one thread...
it could just be some character development.
__________________
Verizon FIOS + DVR (Los Angeles)
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #347
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I think if the Better Call Saul spinoff show is more lighthearted and funny (30 minutes) it would work fine..
I think it was described as an hour long drama.
__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #348
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Horrendous? I think Low Winter Sun is pretty damn good.
I agree. I'm not "into" it like the other shows I enjoy on AMC but it isn't horrendous, IMO.

Edit: I'm glad it doesn't engage me as much because I'm still wound up from BB.
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Roamio Plus
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #349
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,050
There's a fascinating discussion in this week's podcast about filming the scene of Walt driving out to the desert and recording the phone call between Walt and Jesse. Walt and Jesse were actually sitting in two adjoining rooms talking to each other on the phone, but they were each being recorded by separate microphones.

All the scenes of Walt in the car were done on a stage with green screen. There was separate footage of the scenery going past that had to be inserted into the windows. Then there were a few actual vehicle shots of the car racing across town and out into the desert.

Then they had to cut the Walt in car scenes in with the audio of the phone call. Then they had to figure out what streets and turns Walt's car was supposedly taking so they could insert realistic footage into the windows. And those had to match with the occasional cutaway to the exterior shots of the car. The editor said that's probably the most difficult thing she's ever done, and she's got some decent credits under her belt.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #350
danterner
Not it!
 
danterner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Greenacres, FL
Posts: 9,351
The bit that amused me the most on the podcast was the comment that for the scene with Brock, since the child actor has grown quite a bit since he first appeared they had to scale up the table and the items on it, to make him appear smaller than he now is.
__________________
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #351
mrdazzo7
Registered User
 
mrdazzo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
There's a fascinating discussion in this week's podcast about filming the scene of Walt driving out to the desert and recording the phone call between Walt and Jesse. Walt and Jesse were actually sitting in two adjoining rooms talking to each other on the phone, but they were each being recorded by separate microphones.

All the scenes of Walt in the car were done on a stage with green screen. There was separate footage of the scenery going past that had to be inserted into the windows. Then there were a few actual vehicle shots of the car racing across town and out into the desert.

Then they had to cut the Walt in car scenes in with the audio of the phone call. Then they had to figure out what streets and turns Walt's car was supposedly taking so they could insert realistic footage into the windows. And those had to match with the occasional cutaway to the exterior shots of the car. The editor said that's probably the most difficult thing she's ever done, and she's got some decent credits under her belt.
My mind is still unable to grasp what goes into shooting a movie or TV show. What they're describing is hours upon hours of work by a ton of people, all for a two-minute sequence. And the messed up part is that if the job is done correctly, you WONT notice it! lol... All of the work that went into piecing it together so it looked real. Can't handle it.

Quote:
Horrendous? I think Low Winter Sun is pretty damn good.
My calling it Horrendous was based on absolutely nothing but the commercials. Never saw it. Just looks horrendous. I should have clarified.
__________________
"You're a pimp?"
"No, I'm a Companionator"
mrdazzo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #352
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
The bit that amused me the most on the podcast was the comment that for the scene with Brock, since the child actor has grown quite a bit since he first appeared they had to scale up the table and the items on it, to make him appear smaller than he now is.
And that's why he had to be sitting, because if he stands up he'll look too big.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #353
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
The bit that amused me the most on the podcast was the comment that for the scene with Brock, since the child actor has grown quite a bit since he first appeared they had to scale up the table and the items on it, to make him appear smaller than he now is.
WAAAALT!!!
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #354
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
...My calling it Horrendous was based on absolutely nothing but the commercials. Never saw it. Just looks horrendous....

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #355
MacThor
Not Pictured
 
MacThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
My calling it Horrendous was based on absolutely nothing but the commercials. Never saw it. Just looks horrendous. I should have clarified.
AMC so overpromoted it that they turned us off from even giving it a shot, so I can understand. It might not be a bad show (after all, he's "not a bad person") but unless it starts getting awards and accolades we'll not be watching.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #356
MacThor
Not Pictured
 
MacThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 4,043
OK, I rewatched last night.

Does Brock know Walter poisoned him? He always gives WW the silent treatment. Was it ever made clear just how WW got Brock to ingest the lilies of the valley? It's not like you can just count on a kid to eat poisonous berries on a specific day.

Knowing what a big Sergio Leone fan Vince is, I found it very interesting that Jesse, Hank and Gomez (and Marie) were wearing black and Walter was wearing (off) white in this episode.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #357
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
.... but unless it starts getting awards and accolades we'll not be watching.
You must not watch much teevee, then...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #358
danterner
Not it!
 
danterner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Greenacres, FL
Posts: 9,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
OK, I rewatched last night.

Does Brock know Walter poisoned him? He always gives WW the silent treatment. Was it ever made clear just how WW got Brock to ingest the lilies of the valley? It's not like you can just count on a kid to eat poisonous berries on a specific day.
It wasn't made explicitly clear, but it has been speculated that he got to Brock at school.

There was brief scene in Saul's office where you can see his secretary shredding school schedules if you look closely.



However, looking closely at the image it looks like the courses are too high-level for Brock's age. PSY? And the dates appear to be 2003 dates. So who knows what that actually was about. I do recall that "how did Walt actually poison Brock" was discussed briefly on the podcast an episode or two ago, but I don't recall what they explained other than that it was an "in the minds of the writers, but not explicitly shown on the show type of thing."
__________________
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by danterner : 09-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #359
DougF
Registered User
 
DougF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,758
I don't know why this didn't occur to me before now, but I just saw a comment somewhere else about the Saul spinoff.

Quote:
You do realize that having a Saul spinoff might mean seeing Mike Ehrmantraut again, right? Which would be AWESOME!

DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #360
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,318
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
WAAAALT!!!
Oh that had me spitting water on my keboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
OK, I rewatched last night.

Does Brock know Walter poisoned him? He always gives WW the silent treatment. Was it ever made clear just how WW got Brock to ingest the lilies of the valley? It's not like you can just count on a kid to eat poisonous berries on a specific day.

Knowing what a big Sergio Leone fan Vince is, I found it very interesting that Jesse, Hank and Gomez (and Marie) were wearing black and Walter was wearing (off) white in this episode.
Both Walt and Skylar have been wearing cream/white colors for the last few episodes.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |